Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 (29105 Views)

Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 / Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria (FAAN) Recruitment 2015 – Application Date / FAAN RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by link2jude(m): 11:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
I just hope the Presidential committee won't allow such to happen to us that rely on merits for the forth coming immigration recruitment exercise. Baba God na your hand we dey oooh!
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by jaz(m): 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
really, what sch is that and you guys did nothing bout it... DAMN
Kelvin0:

i like this part, cos i know many people 'll start blaming Jonathan and PDP for this.
The truth is that, we on our part are not actually better that our leaders, the little power we have @our disposal what do we use it for?

I remember last year when my H.O.D a man who is very critical of this present administration ask all final year student to pay #3000 for project defence, when asked what the money was for, he said it was for refreshment for external Examiners, Just imagine!

so xory for the kinda treatment you got bro...It is well
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Naruto87(m): 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
it really hurts me when I read such stories. Nigeria is a country that gives jobs based on who you know. entrepreneurship is the only solution, you don't need to start big, start small even if your monthly salary is 5k per month. in time you'll expand. I personally believe thats a better option than sitting at home and waiting for government job.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Kelvin0(m): 12:56am On Mar 20, 2015
jaz:
really, what sch is that and you guys did nothing bout it... DAMN

Yeah, somehow the information got through to the ears of the Vice Chancellor and when my H.O.D was summoned and queried guess what happened................! 42 spill overs.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 20, 2015
OsoDupe:
A guy that went for his in Lagos said he was asked for Ond cert, when he told them he had Bsc, he was rejected. The Bsc holders that were accepted were the ones that had slots. You know Nigeria and their long legs thing. Only God will save us in this land.
osodupe wetin man pikin go do nah.make GOd help us for dis country.no matter how hard the sitauation be for ths country.i go make in jesus name.niwon igba oluwa nbe,ireti si nbe .
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Nobody: 4:03am On Mar 20, 2015
Naruto87:
it really hurts me when I read such stories. Nigeria is a country that gives jobs based on who you know. entrepreneurship is the only solution, you don't need to start big, start small even if your monthly salary is 5k per month. in time you'll expand. I personally believe thats a better option than sitting at home and waiting for government job.
Not only u my brother,enterpreneurship is the best..you talk sense
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by oluwatunde1984(m): 4:57am On Mar 20, 2015
Same thing happened in Lagos for DMO people.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Pauloot(m): 5:50am On Mar 20, 2015
Late Fela said it all......
its so painful when blacks are colonising blacks!
What a shame ;DLate Fela said it all......
its so painful when blacks are colonising blacks!
What a shame

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Valmesk(m): 6:26am On Mar 20, 2015
This FAAN recruitment is a pure scam,why start the recruitment process few weeks to election,fresh immigration recruitment registration is closing on 22nd,the recruitment process will also start before elections,why settle the families of the botched immigration recruitment exercise few weeks to elections after one year,the 1000 naira unemployed graduates paid entered voicemail and the minister incharge that carried out the botched immigration recruitment is still moving freely without remorse,where has man's conscience gone to.Nigerians have been raped mercilessly but we the youths allowed the politicians to use religion and tribe to divide us to their own advantage,we all are shouting change but the real change we need is for the youths to stop dividing themselves according to religion and tribe and stand against these politicians.If all the youths can speak in one voice,Nigeria would have been better.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by chinenymenkiti: 6:46am On Mar 20, 2015
the government and his officials are acting films in this country, seriously is very dishearten that after spending 15 years in going to school and all you could get is for some o level officers to maltreat you in the name that you are a job seeker.you can imaging them telling us that the job physical test and interview that we got was a scam. pls does it mean that faan does not know the medical form that they asked us to print. this same medical form was previewed by them on the first day of the exercise and it was confirmed by them , only for them to come yesterday morning to tell us that it was a scam.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Rufex07(m): 7:34am On Mar 20, 2015
publicenemy:
Hmmnnn... Nigeria. I would rather die childless than let my childrenn be Nigerians by birth.
be careful of what you wish for

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by jamesbridget13(f): 8:12am On Mar 20, 2015
my country is a mess

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Jorussia(m): 9:17am On Mar 20, 2015
free2ryhme:

you could have snapped pictures or steal a video shot
you want make the guy enter big trouble?
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by kunle75(m): 10:34am On Mar 20, 2015
naira0:
I got the highest insult of my life yesterday at the Enugu center, Federal Road Safety Command, Udi, where I was scheduled for interview with Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria.

I got a text on 17th March, 2014 inviting me over and I swiftly honored the invitation. On my arrival at the Enugu center, numbers were assigned to us according to our order of arrival. But afterwards, the FRSC men started their own private selection by introducing their loved ones who had no numbers, thereby distorting the number system earlier implemented. But that did not upset me until when my group was supposed to go for the screening process.

Time check was past 5pm and all of a sudden a list came out from nowhere and candidates were invited in batches to check the list. There were people who couldn't find there names despite their high score, others who did find theirs but scored lower than 70% were asked to leave the compound. This became more frustrating having witnessed tons of candidates who didn't pass too comfortably but who had been screened earlier that same yesterday.

Well, having come that far, nobody was willing to leave. We decided to hang around to see how it all plays out.

Later on, the FRSC officers devised strategies and forcefully pushed us out of the compound. I was the first casualty of this unfair treatment as FRSC officials treated me like a complete tout. After a little protest, I acted the gentleman and quietly left the compound. I was outside when I saw others who had been physically harassed, and a few others taken to their cell, by FRSC officers probably acting on their own authority, doing what the interview coordinators never instructed them to do.

Sadly, the FRSC Commander, Mrs Emeordi gladly watched events unfold as her officers physically harassed innocent candidates. Men and women were thrown out of the compound like criminals. Remember it was the FRSC officers doing all this. Never did we hear from the main coordinators or officials of FAAN. We didn't even see any of them with our eyes.

After all this experience i do hope you know that everything rise and fall on leadership .

please vote wisely this time so as to prevent further occurrence of such ugly treatment
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by okokhaerat(m): 10:36am On Mar 20, 2015
shutup dia... e-DIOT. which misinform? smthn that happens on daily basis? where d Bleep in Nigeria have u seen vacant govt seats being declared publicly?
isaacjohn82:
DIS THING WAS DONE WITH DECENCY ND HIGH STANDARD DEVOID OF CORRUPTION
PLS ENCOURAGED GOVT INSTITUTIONS FOR ONCE SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT DEM DER WAS NOTHING LIKE GODFATHERISM IN IT .
PLS CAREFULLY READ BELOW ND DNT MISINFORM GOOG NIGERIANS

FAAN Online Recruitment Portal, 2015
Home
PUBLIC UPDATE
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES UPDATED!
PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST& INTERVIEW
FAQS & ISSUES
PROCESS FOR SHORTLISTING
Values guiding the process: Transparency, Openness, Equity, Fair Treatment 
Below is the process being implemented for the shortlisting of candidates.
All applications were pre-screened for Aptitude Test against the established criteria that was designed and advertised. The total shortlisted were 36,657. This includes candidates from the hard copy applications as well as online applications.
A unique log-in name and password was created for each shortlisted candidate to be used for the Aptitude Test. This incorporated the unique ID created for each candidate at the application stage,
How targets were set and allotted to states:
For the AGM we targeted 20 candidates to be shortlisted for the one headcount.
For all other positions we targeted 6 candidates to be shortlisted per head count.
The total target shortlist for each job was allotted to States based on the Federal Character spread.
All 36,657candidates were notified via text messages and email with their log-in to go online and take the test. Testing was conducted on two websites.
Once the results were collated, they were sorted according to “job applied for” then sorted again for percentage grade.
The list of candidates who scored 50% and above were extracted and analyzed into three groups:
70% and above
60%-69%,
50%-59%.
The top performer list (70% and above) for each State is shortlisted first starting with the highest scorer until the State’s lot is filled.
If the State’s lot from step (7) above is filled, then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (7 ) above is not completely filled then the next best group (60%-69%) from that State is shortlisted starting from the highest to the lowest.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is completely filled then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is not completely filled then the next best group (50%-59%) from that State is shortlisted for that job.
If after step (xi) above, a State’s lot is still not filled, the remaining lot is allotted to another state in the same geopolitical zone (starting with the State with the highest performance in that zone) until the lots completely filled.
If the lot for a job in a geopolitical zone is not completely filled, it is allotted to the highest performing state in the region of the country.  
If the lot is still not filled at the regional level, it is then thrown open to be filled by another region in the country until the lots are all filled.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ENTIRE PROCESS IS BEING MONITORED BY THE FEDERAL CHARACTER COMMISSION as mandated by the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Home
PUBLIC UPDATE
FAQS & ISSUES
PROCESS FOR SHORTLISTING
Values guiding the process: Transparency, Openness, Equity, Fair Treatment 
Below is the process being implemented for the shortlisting of candidates.
All applications were pre-screened for Aptitude Test against the established criteria that was designed and advertised. The total shortlisted were 36,657. This includes candidates from the hard copy applications as well as online applications.
A unique log-in name and password was created for each shortlisted candidate to be used for the Aptitude Test. This incorporated the unique ID created for each candidate at the application stage,
How targets were set and allotted to states:
For the AGM we targeted 20 candidates to be shortlisted for the one headcount.
For all other positions we targeted 6 candidates to be shortlisted per head count.
The total target shortlist for each job was allotted to States based on the Federal Character spread.
All 36,657candidates were notified via text messages and email with their log-in to go online and take the test. Testing was conducted on two websites.
Once the results were collated, they were sorted according to “job applied for” then sorted again for percentage grade.
The list of candidates who scored 50% and above were extracted and analyzed into three groups:
70% and above
60%-69%,
50%-59%.
The top performer list (70% and above) for each State is shortlisted first starting with the highest scorer until the State’s lot is filled.
If the State’s lot from step (7) above is filled, then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (7 ) above is not completely filled then the next best group (60%-69%) from that State is shortlisted starting from the highest to the lowest.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is completely filled then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is not completely filled then the next best group (50%-59%) from that State is shortlisted for that job.
If after step (xi) above, a State’s lot is still not filled, the remaining lot is allotted to another state in the same geopolitical zone (starting with the State with the highest performance in that zone) until the lots completely filled.
If the lot for a job in a geopolitical zone is not completely filled, it is allotted to the highest performing state in the region of the country.  
If the lot is still not filled at the regional level, it is then thrown open to be filled by another region in the country until the lots are all filled.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ENTIRE PROCESS IS BEING MONITORED BY THE FEDERAL CHARACTER COMMISSION as mandated by the Constitution of Federal Republic of nigeria

WHERE THE PROCESS WAS NOT FOLLOWED
Not all the processes listed were followed.  Below are the exceptions!
Shortlisting for the AGM DMU position
The total target shortlist for AGM is 20 candidates. It was not possible to divide this into 37 (States plus FCT) or to share into six geopolitical zones, so these rules were followed:
Sort for the top scorers. Find the top 10 for each geopolitical zone.
Allot one slot per State (No State is to be allotted more than one slot).
Ensure that the slots are spread equitably between geopolitical zones based on top scorers for each state.
Ensure that the spread is even between North and South.

Shortlisting for Security Cadet, Assistant Fire Superintendent, and Assistant Security Superintendent

The minimum score for these positions was lowered to 40% to accommodate non-degree holders who had to take the same test as degree holders for the levels 8 and above jobs. (These jobs allowed for minimum of NCE or OND educational qualifications).

All other shortlist processes described above were followed for these group of jobs.

3. Additional shortlisting of high performers not included in the above shortlist was conducted. High Performers are considered as candidates with 70% and above.

Home
PUBLIC UPDATE

FAQS & ISSUES
WHERE THE PROCESS WAS NOT FOLLOWED
Not all the processes listed were followed.  Below are the exceptions!
Shortlisting for the AGM DMU position
The total target shortlist for AGM is 20 candidates. It was not possible to divide this into 37 (States plus FCT) or to share into six geopolitical zones, so these rules were followed:
Sort for the top scorers. Find the top 10 for each geopolitical zone.
Allot one slot per State (No State is to be allotted more than one slot).
Ensure that the slots are spread equitably between geopolitical zones based on top scorers for each state.
Ensure that the spread is even between North and South.

Shortlisting for Security Cadet, Assistant Fire Superintendent, and Assistant Security Superintendent

The minimum score for these positions was lowered to 40% to accommodate non-degree holders who had to take the same test as degree holders for the levels 8 and above jobs. (These jobs allowed for minimum of NCE or OND educational qualifications).

All other shortlist processes described above were followed for these group of jobs.

3. Additional shortlisting of high performers not included in the above shortlist was conducted. High Performers are considered as candidates with 70% and above.

http://faanrecruitment.com/faqs-issue-resolution

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by manutdadex(m): 2:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
GodMode:

Stop generalising..

Its one of the govt duties to provide jobs for its citizens... Starting a business takes time, patience and research.
no its the work of the government to provide an enabling environment for bizness to tribe...
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by GodMode: 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
manutdadex:
no its the work of the government to provide an enabling environment for bizness to thrive...

No...

They're both govt duties to its citizens.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by manutdadex(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
olalekan1:

Oga biko speak for yourself. Corruption run in your blood doesnt means it runs in everyone's blood.
bros no decieve urself
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by sonssyo: 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
sorry bro,dats naija for u.my eldest broda graduated 1999, wrote exam for abuja devlp auth as far back as den,dre names came out as succesfl candidate on d nig dailes but he did nt get dat job. nepotism is d order of d day!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Kevinoh: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
Thank God for nairaland! cool
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by ayobase(m): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kelvin0:

I remember last year when my H.O.D a man who is very critical of this present administration ask all final year student to pay #3000 for project defence, when asked what the money was for, he said it was for refreshment for external Examiners, Just imagine!

the fear of external supervisor is the beginning of wisdom.
an external supervisor denied someone of first class with 0.01.

my brother, in as much as I don't like the trend. Nevertheless, your HOD might have acted in your best interests. "for refreshment for external supervisor" means a lot.

Some supervisors do the needful when the needful is done.

Hope u didn't regret dropping the 3k. I know what 3K is like during project period especially being an electrical engineering students.

God help us in this Nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by naira0(m): 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
manutdadex:
d fact DAT we still blame d government for everything shows aw stupid we are as citizens...every one here will do d same(u in d place of power and ur broda dey find job) this shows DAT corrupting runs in our blood! [s] the moment u start acceptin responsibility for ur problems [/s] ..dats d moment u will start seeing meaninful change

What the heck are you talking about?

Should I blame myself for passing so comfortably, 65%, above the pass line of 50%. Should I blame myself for getting invited for the interview after I duely qualified for it? Should I blame myself for embarking on the trip in a bid to serve my fatherland?

You arguement is very baseless to say the least.

Your comment is even an indictment on you. In life, no general rule applies. Twas wrong of you to assume that everybody is corrupt. Next time I expect you to talk responsibly in the public.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by DeanOlamide(m): 2:07am On Mar 21, 2015
naira0:
[b] I have not made my bitter experience open to show my approval or otherwise for GEJ.

The problem of Jonathan and maybe by extension Osita Chidoka, is bad company. Though we may have noble intents , but when we surround ourselves with the wrong people, our visions are compromised and jeopardised. Chidoka has let himself down by the personnel he chose to assist him handle the recruitment.

There so many questions to be asked here.

1. Is the FRSC now an extension of FAAN? Is the Minister using his
powers as an ex-marshall to impose FRSC men on FAAN recruitment
process? At present I'm confused which organization we actually intend to work for. Please he should be asked what road business has got to do with Aviation.

2. The pass mark for the test was clearly stated as 50% how come the
FRSC officers ordered candidates who scored less than 70% to leave.

In summary, this recruitment process has been anything but
transparent, its indeed the worst of its kind in recent time. It has been
marred by so many pitfalls and doesn't show any form of transparency from the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan led administration. I just can't believe that in 2015 Nigerian graduates were thrown out of a
recruitment exercise without regard by uniformed FRSC officers.

I will vote personalities come 28th of March. Let's shun party affilliations and vote credible candidates.
[/b]

Faan do not have a definite camp to do this so back to question if u take note in Lagos they used custom training ground and the çustoms helped in overseeing the exercise and in Kaduna it was the SSS who did over there and in Enugu the FRSC helped. Mr u see stop asking such questions again biko.

answer to ur number two question is clearly in the process of shortlisting so you can get that on their website...

lastly I remembered I clearly told you not to go since ur name is not on their list cos u won't like what will come out of it..... but u ignored it and now you are everywhere questioning people..... bros there is nothing you and me can do about this than to let go... the best is on the way.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by naira0(m): 6:24am On Mar 21, 2015
DeanOlamide:

Faan do not have a definite camp to do this so back to question if u take note in Lagos they used custom training ground and the çustoms helped in overseeing the exercise and in Kaduna it was the SSS who did over there and in Enugu the FRSC helped. Mr u see stop asking such questions again biko.

answer to ur number two question is clearly in the process of shortlisting so you can get that on their website...

lastly I remembered I clearly told you not to go since ur name is not on their list cos u won't like what will come out of it..... but u ignored it and now you are everywhere questioning people..... bros there is nothing you and me can do about this than to let go... the best is on the way.

I was reliably informed by a friend that they announced my name to step up for my interview. This was after the uniformed men had unlawfully let me out of their compound. What can you say of that?

Without appologies, I maintain that your response in paragraph 3 above is largely flawed. Period!

Well, I had accepted my fate before the ill-fated invitation on the 17th. Again, I've moved on with my life. The best surely lies ahead.

One love.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by cedlinx: 11:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
It is quite unfortunate my bro that the FRSC Enugu would do that (if your claims are true) but I can assure you that I have had many challenges in the course of following through with this recruitment exercise and FAAN was EXTREMELY helpful in resolving every issue from application when they abandoned the online form filling that took ages and reduced it from nearly 6 pages to just one, to taking the online aptitude tests and eventually the interview (I had mine at Customs College, Ikeja). From their website, the numbers published for text messages, their facebook page, etc., they showed a deliberate and a sincere commitment to organizing a transparent recruitment process. I DO NOT know anyone at FAAN or anywhere else (other than God) but I did the test and even though I got very high scores, I did not get any invitation for the interview (no text, no email - I blame this on network failure) but my name was on the list of shortlisted candidates on their website and when I went for the interview, it was hitch-free and easy and very unusually friendly. They made us feel very relaxed. I had challenges with documentation (at the screening) and again they showed remarkable patience and desire to assist. Now, on their site, there is a fraud alert once again showing their desire to be transparent and sincere. Now we await the results of the interview and I am in high spirits but even if some how I am not taken, I would still be proud of them for their conducts. I hope to be taken though and I believe I will as God lives. So my brother and others who have blamed it on Nigeria, FAAN or the government, I think we should blame that on some members of Enugu FRSC. Finally, I am positive that if you report that to FAAN and they investigate and find to be true, they would certainly do something about that. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by uche87(m): 11:28am On May 16, 2015
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by uche87(m): 9:49am On Jun 11, 2015
GOOD NEWS! Forget about FAAN, Niiyo E-commerce Company just stormed Lagos from Dubai and New York. They are massively recruiting people and paying bigger than Jumia and Konga. Follow this link https://www.facebook.com/niiyomall?fref=ts to connect with them. Information is what separates the rich from the poor in Nigeria. Don't be left out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Horrible Experience At A Job Interview Today / Exclusive Job Vacancies & Interview Tips! / I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.