Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? (1549 Views)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / The Opinion That 99% Of Our Fellow-believers Have About Us Can Be 100% Wrong / Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by dearie(m): 5:31am On Sep 02, 2006
Please, I Dont know why it appears 'utopian' to be sinless, is it possible to lead a 100% righteous life like the bible demands?

This is against the backdrop of james 2:10, That if you score 90% in rightouesness, You wont make it to Heaven.
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by rotbog(m): 6:10am On Sep 02, 2006
Dear Dearie,
One Your Own? No. By Divine Mercy? Yes.

When U read the Bible try to view it holistically. If U read down to Verse 12 U will discover the point Mr. James was trying to make. "Mercy Triumphs Over Judgment!". What James was trying to buttress is the same point Apostle Paul tried to do in all his exegesis of the scriptures. Summary:: Love came and was made Flesh to free us from the Law. With the Law it is not possible to make Heaven because the Cut_off_Point is 100%. But with Love U are there. Didn’t the Bible Say God Is Love?
He Loves U acknowledge it, Accept it, and you will be there already. The Problem with us all is that Our Believe in Death is Greater than our believe in Life. We can Define Hate more than we can Define Love.

God Is Love.
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 05, 2007
It is not possible. If it was Jesus would not have come to earth to be a ransom for us humans. Because Adam sinned all mankind INHERITED SIN, so it is in our blood and we cannot get rid of it.

Besides there are only specific people who are going to heaven and they have already been choosen by God. It says so in the book for Revelation.
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by dafidixone(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
You can aspire to be sinless. Your aspiration willwin youthe gift of Rieghousness in Christ Jesus. And Finally, Brethren grin you will be saved.
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by analyt82(f): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2007
No, you can't be 100% sinless. That's why you ask for forgiveness. grin
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2007
Can you go one day without sinning?? Possible, can you be 100% sinless?? Until you become perfect and that in itself is by Grace. Do you need to aspire to be sinless?? Definitely cause the less sin you have in your life, the more perfect your life becomes. How do I know this?? Cause I have actually noticed it over years in my life since I decided to quit a lot of the worldly things I used to do. Is it easy?? No. Can it be done?? ABSOLUTELY. How then do you do it ?? By making the decision to submit every microsecond of your life to God's will for your life.
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by Ndipe(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2009
If we were sinless, then Jesus Christ would not have died for us. As Kobojunkie said, we should aspire to be sinless, which means, submitting your life to God in all endeavor and striving to Obey Him.
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by H2O2: 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2009
there is no one without sin, no, not one.

he that is without sin should cast the first stone. i dare you
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by deebrain(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2009
It is relative,

When you accept Christ into your life, you become sinless to God irrespective of your actions, It is important to note David who killed so many in wars and took so many wives {both illegally} looking righteous because of his faith in God. The same goes for us too.

If you will however compare your actions {moral actions} and use it to judge yourself, then get ready to give yourself a name tag---CAST AWAY!
YOU CAN NEVER BE 100% MORALLY UPRIGHT OR CLEAN!!!

TO HELL WITH THE PRETENDERS!!!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Be 100% 'sinless'? by angelina08(f): 3:14pm On Jan 08, 2009
"Yes" It is possible to be 100% sinless, If you are truly born again in Christ Jesus and you wish to live like Him, avoid dose thing Jesus avoided, i promises you that you can make 100% sinless.

(1) (Reply)

"mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! / Year 2010(restoration And Manifestation Vs. Judgment And Vengeance) / Death Of Pastors Rampant Because Of Sin - Babarinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.