Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

, - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / , (961 Views)

Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

, by dedons: 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
Re: , by Dioxidane: 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
Re: , by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
How many hours does it take you to say parallelogram?

let's start from dia
Re: , by Beesluv: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Always relax when talking and learn to control your temper
Re: , by Babygal4eva(f): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
I'm kinda a stammer it's not bad but it can be embarrassing, my Mum was one too and she's a lawyer now, she learnt how to control it, first of all I observed that I only stammer when I'm very angry or upset or exited and I try to talk like really fast so I learnt how to calm down when I talk, when you try and talk fast in order to beat the stammer it makes it worse just calm down, talk softly and don't think about it, It will take sometime to get used to it but you can handle it.

Also be confident when you speak, be sure of your words first before they come out cause usually when you want to pause or side track it can come out unexpectedly.

The main way in which I beat mine is confidence and being calm always. Hope this helped.

1 Like

Re: , by Dera25(m): 9:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
First, by minimizing the way u talk, talk only when it is necessary. Secondly, u hv to be vry slow in ur speech; take time in ur talkn. Thirdly, b alwz bold dt u are a stammerer; pls bros it is ur nature dnt ever feel inferior or less important because of dt, it wll neva in any way devoid u frm wht u are or wht u wll become.
Remember dt Moses was d greatest prophect in d Bible for communicating wt God face to face yet he was a stammerer. Cheers d Lord is ur strength

1 Like

Re: , by Dera25(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dioxidane:
Teeetetetell teteteheheethe pepepepepeerson totototototo be diiidididirinking hohohohot water aaand oooriririrgin... Wewewewehen you dododo thaaat one you vivivivisit this sisisisite (m.wikihow.com/Stop-Stuttering)
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Una no go use laugh tear my stomach in ds nairaland, see as u just present am as if u stammer pass d op sef! Very funny
Re: , by Dyt(f): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
Babygal4eva:
I'm kinda a stammer it's not bad but it can be embarrassing, my Mum was one too and she's a lawyer now, she learnt how to control it, first of all I observed that I only stammer when I'm very angry or upset or exited and I try to talk like really fast so I learnt how to calm down when I talk, when you try and talk fast in order to beat the stammer it makes it worse just calm down, talk softly and don't think about it, It will take sometime to get used to it but you can handle it.
Also be confident when you speak, be sure of your words first before they come out cause usually when you want to pause or side track it can come out unexpectedly.
The main way in which I beat mine is confidence and being calm always. Hope this helped.
Re: , by AceOfDiamonds(m): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
The first thing you have to work on is your confidence. You said you stammer because you fear being laughed at. Until you overcome this fear and become confident of yourself,you might still stammer.
Do not feel you're obligated to please anybody.
Try as much as possible to work on yourself in seclusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: , by Evina(f): 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
You stutter when you are nervous, experience anxiety or have some fears.

Like you pointed out OP, your friend is scared of addressing a crowd. So the fear of that builds anxiety which is expressed in the form of a stutter.

Well, he should confront his fears. Before you address the public, have a thorough grasp of the message you wish to communicate, be open to learning because in that way, you wouldn't take criticism personal.

Embrace who you are. If you are introverted, don't fake extroversion. And stop thinking that the thoughts you wish to communicate are not meaningful.

Basically, learn to have a positive self image. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: , by michaelmo11(m): 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
Don't be in a rush to say all your words @ one time, be relaxed and be composed. And anytime u begin to stammer just smile @ d person listening and cough.
Re: , by Emmyk(m): 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dioxidane:
Teeetetetell teteteheheethe pepepepepeerson totototototo be diiidididirinking hohohohot water aaand oooriririrgin... Wewewewehen you dododo thaaat one you vivivivisit this sisisisite (m.wikihow.com/Stop-Stuttering)
I'm freaked... I don't know people stammer when they type too . undecided
Re: , by SkinnyDude(m): 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
man, you dont stop stammering. rather you minimize it

(1) (Reply)

. / OMG !!! Professor Orders Students To Write Final Exam Nude Or Fail (photo) . / Have You Seen This Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.