Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? (2259 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / I Got Invited For KPMG Aptitude Test, Is This For Real? / Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by Goldmann(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2009
Hey friends I need some URGENT advice on a pressing issue, Is quitting a MARKETING job at Zenith bank to go to KPMG a wise career move Started in Zenith just last December as an Executive Trainee so its not like im goin to lose any significant job progress I already made, Please I need really knowledgeable people to advice me here as I need to take a decision a.s.a.p, SALARY is certainly not my first priority in a job but does anyone have an idea of what KPMG PAYS TO FRESH GRADUATES.

P.S (I REALLY HATE THE WHOLE MARKETING THING, ITS JUST NOT MY SORT OF JOB, RUNNING FROM PILLAR TO POST TO MEET TARGETS EVERY MONTH, LEFT TO ME I'D QUIT FOR KPMG AT THE DROP OF A HAT, I JUST NEED SOME OPINIONS OF THE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE OF NAIRALAND, THANKS GUYS!!!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by cyberpaul(m): 12:06am On Jan 18, 2009
Hi Goldmann,

First I'd ask you to consider your career goals. If going to KPMG is aligning with your career path, then its a wise move.
Also, consider the two organisations at the moment KPMG is experiencing a massive employee turnover with most of their professionals moving to the banking and oil services sector. So you need to find out whats responsible for this high employee turnover.
Ultimately i would go for the KPMG offer first, training and secondly professionalism. But i guess you would still be able to reach a decision guided with the points mentioned above.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by Volunteer: 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2009
@Goldmann, KPMG like other professional services firms almost always experience a high staff turnover due to people seeking a change in career and movement to other industries (The average staff spend about 3 years in such firms before moving out of the industry). This is the norm and is not an exception. What you need to note is that a positive net staff head count implies firm growth.

Seems however that your mind is made up, just need someone to validate your decision. I am. You can always go back to Zenith or anywhere else (at a higher level) if you so wish.

Best of luck
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by ilaugh1: 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2009
@Poster

You made me laugh. Which intelligent people have you seen on NairaLand?

You know what you want, yet, for reasons known to you, you still bring it up on a public forum where it is likely you get swayed by their opinion, and take what you shouldnt have taken. Why not simply follow your instincts?

By the way, have you been given employment at KPMG? Because you are still asking us for the salary, it seems you havent been given a job yet, so, why come here asking questions that arent necessary?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by Goldmann(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2009
@i_laugh, i admit KPMG hasnt FULLY materialized yet but since wen did it become a bad thing to seek information about a firm you might be moving to in the near future, So i really dont understand wot u mean by unnecessary questions,
And there definitely are intelligent pple on nairaland, At least I know Im intelligent, If u feel ure not, its too bad,
Thanks anyway, but in the future, if u aint got an answer to the question that's bein asked, ure better off keeping ur opinion to yourself, Goodbye wink
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by ilaugh1: 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2009
Goldmann:

@i_laugh,  i admit KPMG hasnt FULLY materialized yet but since wen did it become a bad thing to seek information about a firm you might be moving to in the near future, So i really dont understand wot u mean by unnecessary questions,
And there definitely are intelligent pple on nairaland, At least I know Im intelligent, If u feel ure not, its too bad,
Thanks anyway, but in the future, if u aint got an answer to the question that's bein asked, ure better off keeping ur opinion to yourself, Goodbye  wink

Here we go, I gave you an opinion, but because your mind is set to what you want to hear, you write my opinion off as what? as nonsence -
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by teana: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2009
Goldmann:

Hey friends I need some URGENT advice on a pressing issue, Is quitting a MARKETING job at Zenith bank to go to KPMG a wise career move Started in Zenith just last December as an Executive Trainee so its not like im goin to lose any significant job progress I already made, Please I need really knowledgeable people to advice me here as I need to take a decision a.s.a.p,  SALARY is certainly not my first priority in a job but does anyone have an idea of what KPMG PAYS TO FRESH GRADUATES.

P.S (I REALLY HATE THE WHOLE MARKETING THING, ITS JUST NOT MY SORT OF JOB, RUNNING FROM PILLAR TO POST TO MEET TARGETS EVERY MONTH, LEFT TO ME I'D QUIT FOR KPMG AT THE DROP OF A HAT, I JUST NEED SOME OPINIONS OF THE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE OF NAIRALAND,  THANKS GUYS!!!

a fully grown monkey like you cant take a simple decision without involving nairaland,who cares if u go to kpmg or not, mumu
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by dejacrue: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
so long as you are ready to take up accountancy as a career and get chartered 'cos they don't joke with that. u can certainly build a career path from there. the earlier you act the better.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by Mevill(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2009
Teana, HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA! This forum is really blazing HOT!!
C'mmon fella, do the dew!! cool
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by rusky(m): 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2009
hello goldmann,

I want you to realise that when you make a post like this there are always people who will ridicule you. however there are others too who will advice you, like cyperpaul did.

I am with oceanic bank at the moment and will not hesitate to leave for KPMG if i get the job so far as the salary is not far lower than what i earn at the moment.

have a lovely day. if you want us to talk more send me a mail on ikeoboegbulem@yahoo.com
Re: Urgent Advice Needed! Should I Quit Zenith Bank (marketing) For Kpmg? by olamise(m): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2009
o boy, na you sabi ? But imagin a job you dont like compare to, a job you never a gave trial ? Indecision !!!!! Is a decision reached, when you decide, not to make a decision. I advice you go please, and leave later, and imagin which company will be employing you then !

(1) (Reply)

Schlumberger Calling / Access Bank Recruiting / Boss Group Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.