Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here (6235 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Sign Up Here If You Are Scheduled For KPMG Group Exercise Assessment For May 16 / I Got Invited For KPMG Aptitude Test, Is This For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by tokinho: 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2007
Hey, I think it will be good if all nairalanders on the queue for KPMG job get to have a blog. So i decided to initiate this.

My name is tokunbo and am currently expecting a call up for my 3rd interview. pls share your experiences on this post so that all can benefit. thanks.

08028760058, 08033802432
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by kayodu: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2007
My name is Wale, i will be having my 1st stage of d interview 2moro, Can u tell me what i may come across.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by seunlope: 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2007
i have done my 4th interview. basically they just want to know that u know why u want the section of the coy. u have choosen, that u have a drive for excellence and that u are sure of yourself and lastly taht u really want to work with them.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by vincetee: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2007
Hi all KPMG hopefuls. i had my 1st interview last week and have been invited for the 2nd stage for this week. The 1st went well and i believe that'll sail thur' 2 d very end; i pray the same 4 u too. pls, i would appreciate if any KPMG hopeful can suggest any intelligent question(s) to ask about the business especially in the IT advisory unit of the company. my email: voredu@yahoo.com.

smileyCheers.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by zublaj(m): 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2007
Hi guys, i did my 2nd stage 2 weeks ago with them after over 1 year of doing the 1st stage. i called yesterrday to enquire about the 3rd stage since i was told i would be contacted the following week. i was told that they will arrange for my 3rd stage soon, but no specific time was given when i enquire further.
I initially chose BAS but i was called sometimes this year and advised to change my 1st choice which i changed to Audit.
Seunlope, when did you actually start your interveiw stages and how fast was it? cos i am eagerly waiting, not only to be called for other satges but to start work with them.
Fellow hopefuls, it is well, God that has done it this far (Imagine me waiting for more than one year, though i now work in a Bank) will surely take us there. I learnt it is one of the best place you can work after oil companies.
Ciao.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by Onyeabo: 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2007
Hi Nairalanders Hopeful for KPMG,
I am Rita. I have done the 2nd stage of my interview, also xpecting to be called for my 3rd. I chose Tax as my first choice. I have called on several occasions and was told they will get in touch with me.
Would like to know the department u chose as ur first Choice Seunlope.
I would also implore that every other person xpecting to be called should continue in prayer and I believe dat God's Will, will be done.
Rita,
rac4real@yahoo.com
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by pheesayor(m): 12:37am On Aug 24, 2007
Whats this KPMG thing all about?
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by Everbright(f): 6:42am On Aug 24, 2007
Hi all,please could you tell me how to apply for job at KPMG?
I really long to build a career there.
I've visited the site severally but didn't get a clue how to get to their career page.
I'd be grateful if anyone of you hopefuls can be of help.
Thanx in anticipation.

Fellow Nairalander
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by warfarian(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2007
PLEASE WHTS KPMG, i don lost ohh
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by wandel(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2007
Hi everyone,

I had my 4th stage KMPG interview last week friday. I applied for BAS and expecting them to get back to me this week.

If you require information on BAS interviews, my number is 08034295137 and Email is dlari2001@yahoo.com

have a lovely weekend
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by hayo(m): 10:51am On Aug 24, 2007
The thread is meant only for those that are in the recruitment process of KPMG, one of the world's top consulting company - formerly called Arthur Andersson before the mess smiley
If you don't know what KPMG is - that means you do not need to bother yourself with this thread - especially if you are in 400 Level and above.Ma
Maybe you are not the kind they are looking for!
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by zublaj(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2007
hey hayo, you don't have to respond to those that are not in the know like that?
Like some actually mentioned, KPMG is a renowned world-class consulting firm. They are into Audit, Consulting Taxation and several other things. For more and detail info, visit their website, www.kpmg.com
you can get the Nigeria website from there for those that want to apply on line. Preferably submitt your CV at their offices in Temple street or Gerrard rood both in Ikoyi. The addresses are avilable on the website.
Their requirement is strictly 1st class and 2.1 but in any field and not older than 26 years for the graduate entry.
More details, visit the website. I believe i have tried

To fellow hopefuls, we shall surely get there, I BELIEVE.

zublaj@yahoo.com wink
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by Allta(m): 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ Hayo

The thread is meant only for those that are in the recruitment process of KPMG, one of the world's top consulting company - formerly called Arthur Andersson before the mess
If you don't know what KPMG is - that means you do not need to bother yourself with this thread - especially if you are in 400 Level and above.Ma

If I were a KPMG Resource Personel, what I will do is get your contact and halt your recruitment process. You don't treat people that way because you don't know who they are, they might be the key you need to land a big time contract for the brand ,  KPMG don't need people with "Attitude" Problems!

Peace Out!
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by gbeborun(m): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2007
hayo:

The thread is meant only for those that are in the recruitment process of KPMG, one of the world's top consulting company - formerly called Arthur Andersson before the mess smiley
POINT OF CORRECTION, KPMG HAS ALWAYS BEEN KPMG AND NOT FORMERLY ARTHUR ANDERSON (very silly mistake to make!) Guess you wanted to say Accenture.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by Tundene: 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2007
okay, so for once im actually going to respond to a nairaland posting, hi guys.i did my first intvw in feb.im eagerly waitg 4 my second.lets keep our hopes high, its over a year since i applied, but ill advise we try to follow up on the recriutmnt process. i work in a bank now too, but my passion lies with kpmg.[color=#000099][/color]08055648960
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by Tundene: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2007
okay, so for once im actually going to respond to a nairaland posting, hi guys.i did my first intvw in feb.im eagerly waitg 4 my second.lets keep our hopes high, its over a year since i applied, but ill advise we try to follow up on the recriutmnt process. i work in a bank now too, but my passion lies with kpmg.08055648960
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by warfarian(m): 12:23am On Aug 25, 2007
THANK YOU ZUBLAJ, MAY GOD GRANT YOU MORE WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by Naijapikin(m): 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2007
hayo:

KPMG was never Arthur Anderson. Accenture was the consulting arm of Arthur Anderson(AA)before the Enron saga brought down AA but Accenture won a legal battle to stand as a separate legal entity.

Hayo, are you a staff of KPMG? If u are, u need to be sacked!!! But if you are on the recruitment list, my guy, with you harsh (last)response on this thread, you donot deserve to be at KPMG or anywhere for that matter. People like you have this PHD(Pull Him Down syndrome) at workplaces. Please, change this your attitude.

Naijapikin, ACA (hope to be at Accenture soon)
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by mellow(m): 7:01am On Aug 27, 2007
hayo:

This is simply a case of stupidity induced attitue problem. I sincerely believe you belong in the NURTW's garages.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by Everbright(f): 7:08am On Aug 27, 2007
@ hayo wooo unto you!
ITK is never too good for anyone.
Retrace your steps man before it's too late for you
Your type is not supposed to be anywhwere at all,because where you are,grass will barely grow on it.
HISSES
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by uchetobi(f): 8:15am On Aug 27, 2007
HAba Gbegborun KPMG is ex Arthur Anderson, you go and do your research
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by oyie(f): 8:49am On Aug 27, 2007
hayo:

i hope u work there already.if u r still a hopeful,wel then dont expect to go far becos your interviewers will pick up this attitude quickly.

even if u work there sef,na govt work? grin tongue embarassed
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by hayo(m): 9:10am On Aug 27, 2007
I am sorry if I sent the wrong signal - I am not that kind of person. Maybe I just wanted to start a controversy smiley Believe me, I love developing people and am really patient.
But those saying that KPMG was not former Arthur Anderson - you do not need to shoot me down and remain wrong too. You can do your research and you will note I am saying the truth. There was a KPMG that is strictly an Auditing firm but the former Arthur Anderson changed to KPMG Professional service that is now what is popularly known as KPMG. So, the company is actually KPMG professional Services. Best of luck to you all!
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by rudia(f): 9:19am On Aug 27, 2007
HI, IS THERE A PART 3 OF THE MOVIE "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS"? I really enjoyed part one and two and would love to get a copy of part 3 if there is. Thks
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by pazak(f): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2007
hi fellow I would lilke to know how much kpmg pays freshers so as to enable me make a choice. Plz i really need this info urgently. Thanks.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by uchetobi(f): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2007
2.2m
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by teekays: 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2007
kpmg isn't the former AA. However, Accenture emerged from AA and the tax and auditing arms of AA were acquired by kpmg. Kpmg was one of the big six i.e price waterhouse, coopers and lybrand, ernst and young, AA, delloite and KPMG.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by hayo(m): 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2007
Teekays and others -
See below from bbc website - I have extracted the Anderson KPMG part, but you can read the whole story from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/1880776.stm
AA metamorphosed to KPMG professional Services in Nigeria, SA and Japan. Today, KPMG PS Nigeria is not only into tax and auditing but business consulting, e.t.c. The same office AA in Nigeria was using in Ikoyi is the same place KPMG PS uses till today.

"The curious power that Andersen exercised over actual and would-be staff had been its greatest strength.
But when trying to stitch together a global deal with KPMG earlier this year, it proved a serious handicap.
Reluctant to play along with what seemed to be a centrally agreed stitch-up with what they considered a less prestigious firm, individual Andersen offices drifted instead into deals with other big accounting firms, leaving KPMG with Andersen marriages in South Africa, Japan and Nigeria alone."
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by tokinho: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2007
Whether KPMG is AA or nopt, some of us have interviews with them and its tips we want on this page. alright.

anyone with tips on thrid stage of audit dept mail me at tj.olatokun@yahoo.com
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by hayo(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2007
@ Tokhino - I understand you very well. But what if they ask you to tell them what you know about the company, as in its history and all that?
But on the whole, interviews with organizations like KPMG PS is mostly tailored towards ascertaining your confidence level and composure. The fact that you passed the test and the first stage shows you are sharp. Just be yourself and be open minded. Even if someone that did the same interview last week gives u all the tips; you might be surprised it won't work. I also hope you do not have a close relative especially a sibling already working there, that may automatically halt your interview process.
Best of luck everybody.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by jimmyjatt(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2007
Kudos to the one who started this thread.
Well just when I clicked on the link to check the thread I was called by a staff of KPMG to show up for the 3rd stage of the interview.
Really dont know what to expect but I guess it would av more to do with the dept. one has chosen.
Wish us all the best.
My name is Jimmy.
Re: Nairalanders Hopeful For Kpmg - Drop A Note Here by teekays: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2007
@hayo
Nobody likes a Mr Smart Guy, esp. one who believes he knows it all. It would maen KPMG is less than 5years as a legal entity, guess you never heard of KPMG Peat marwick until 2000

(1) (2) (Reply)

Synapse Services Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Workforce Academy / Latest MGL Nigeria Scammers Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.