Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Ghosts And Shadows - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghosts And Shadows (5552 Views)

Shadows Of The Green / Shadows....... / Lost but Satisfied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Emodeee: 8:40am On Mar 24, 2015
elantraceey:

cn i unbutton ur shirt?
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2015
Nice plot,nice setting and it's riched with imagery/ smiley

Keep 'em coming tongue
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
kitnah:
Nice plot,nice setting and it's riched with imagery/ smiley

Keep 'em coming tongue

Aww, thank you. Hope you like it?
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
................CONTINUED

Most times, things happen in our lives we wish we could have controlled or managed more appropriately, and often times we choose to cry over some mistakes.
Here's the truth: if you live long on earth, you will make mistakes but making a mistake it self is a form of creativity, and the art is knowing which one to keep.
Maturity is not how situations affect you but how you manage them.

Have you heard of the word Coincidence? Where something or somethings just happen and for some unlogical reasons you happen to be in the cross zone?
Newsflash: nothing like that.
Things don't just happen because they feel like happening, rather, it's more of life's way of poking its finger in your eyes and telling you there is nothing you can do about it.

While Eric was busy gathering knowledge in far away Jos, like hen gathering her chicks, life was busy happening back at home.

Karis was just 3, yet the world marvelled at her beauty. Her bright green eyes sparkled during the day and shone during the night; her light skin was like the surface of a fine butter. She had her mother's eyes, her father's vivacious spirit and Mrs. Grace loved her even more.

One may begin to wonder at Mrs. Grace sudden repentance but truth be told, she wasn't created a devil. Everyone makes a mistake at some point perhaps, we could forgive hers'. Talk about mistakes leaving a scar on its victim, hers' would turn out to be a mortal wound but Karis grew to love her nevertheless.

Karis played on the sofa one afternoon when she heard her mom sob quietly behind her. As curious as she was she stared intently at her mom.
Mrs. Grace, in a quick, smiled as she wiped off the emotion betraying tears from her pretty face. Karis had seen it all.

"Where is daddy?", Karis asked.

Shocked, embarrassed and astounded are the only words I could use to describe what Mrs. Grace felt as her mouth was left agap. Who must have told her about him?

"Brother Chris and brother Emma said my daddy is a bad man who will soon die. Is that true?", Karis shot the next bullet.

Oh, Mrs. Grace wailed inside of her, her two older children would not cease from causing her pain. Ever since they learnt the truth, their spite for her was on an exponential scale and they vowed to make her life, their moms', miserable.

'And where is brother Chris?", Mrs. Grace asked as she came near the little child.

"I don't know o", the little girl said with her puppy's eye, 'but brother Chris kept a paper on the table."

Mrs. Grace began to think if Karis was truly a 3 year old. It frightened her a bit.
She went to the table and picked the paper. It was a letter.

After reading it, she sighed. Her children has decided to disown her, owing to the fact that they couldn't stand the shame. Mrs. Grace, herself, couldn't even stand her shame. She couldn't blame them for leaving but she prayed for their safety.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
..........................CONTINUED.

Appreciate every challenge life gives you; these are rare gifts.

Sara wasn't the type the lady Eric would want, but somewhere, somehow, she became the kind of woman he needed.
Eric had always been scared of his inner demons crawling over his sanity and he hated the fact that he felt weak whenever the devils came around. Sara became the angel who saved him.

Sara had always been the main opposition to his government as the SUG president but this life is a very funny character who never ceases to amaze us with how it can conveniently turn a sworn enemy to the greatest ally.

He was talking a walk on one boring evening when he saw her under the cashew tree. Initially, he frowned his face and thought to walk on but a voice told him, 'Go and strangle her'.

He liked the idea.

Sara sat under the tree alone with her head bowed and when she heard the footsteps of her enemy, she lifted her head.

Emotions betraying tears flowed down her cheeks like a free waterfall cascading from a rock.

Like wax before the fire, Eric's hatred melted. What could have brought this mighty foe to submission, he could only wonder, so he decided to be the nice guy.

Sara quickly cleaned her face and adjusted her posture, if he was going to hassle her, at least she should fight back.

Eric sat beside her on the chair without saying a word. Sara could only stare. After a minute or so, he handled to her his handkerchief. She reluctantly collected it.

After a while, Eric stared into her eyes without saying a word as he searched for something. Sara stared back, intently and quietly.

The air around them took a dramatic change and the temperature around them dropped.

Sara let down her walls as she broke into tears freely.

Eric couldn't imagine himself under any spell cuddling a lady, not after his Uncle's house episode, but here he was, not just any lady, his rival.
Maybe he had a knack for trouble or he was probably steering towards a rock, he wouldn't know.
Perhaps they would continue their rivalry tomorrow but now, all she needed was a hug.

Everyone who passed by the tree route paused for a moment with their hands on their hand while leaving their mouth wide open. It looked like the devil was taking a confession for his sins while the priest declared him forgiven. People just couldn't understand what it was and even the unseen spirits were bewildered.

Eric could only smile.

Finally, it would seem like everything was working together for his good but even the most determined man must answer life's questions. Whether you succeed or you fail anchors on how well you read for its examination.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by theorbiters: 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
While we have so many writers everywhere, good writers are scarce, but it takes the eye of a god to see a beautiful writer.
This is almost beautiful.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
theorbiters:
While we have so many writers everywhere, good writers are scarce, but it takes the eye of a god to see a beautiful writer.
This is almost beautiful.
Lolzzz. Almost beautiful.
I really appreciate your encouragement. I'm thrilled.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by theorbiters: 6:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
Simplicity101:

Lolzzz. Almost beautiful.
I really appreciate your encouragement. I'm thrilled.
Lol. Yea, almost beautiful, but hey, you would soon get there.

Let me help pull some invites;

I think you should all see this and encourage him, or what do you think?

Karchisbarbie, tiffanyj, repogirl, prettyspicey, divepen, thronekid, stuff46, nimen, vonn, d9ty7, toliz, amyvals, lipzlikeshugar, aheem, penboy, ebysandra, remmycious, AAAkinyemi, sexysapphire, Oharay, safarigirl, jollyjolly, dyoungster, simonhabby, kenwins.

These are few I can remember now.
Hope you still got update for this night.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
theorbiters:

Lol. Yea, almost beautiful, but hey, you would soon get there.

Let me help pull some invites;

I think you should all see this and encourage him, or what do you think?

Karchisbarbie, tiffanyj, repogirl, prettyspicey, divepen, thronekid, stuff46, nimen, vonn, d9ty7, toliz, amyvals, lipzlikeshugar, aheem, penboy, ebysandra, remmycious, AAAkinyemi, sexysapphire, Oharay, safarigirl, jollyjolly, dyoungster, simonhabby, kenwins.

These are few I can remember now.
Hope you still got update for this night.
Wow, thanks a bunch. I don't even know that much people yet.
And yes, I have one more update today
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
This is definitely another Larrysun in the making! It's not a line bro but U're superb. Your narrative skill, Ur mature choice of words, Ur everything.....is just too good to be true! Definitely, I'll learn a whole lot of skill from U!
BTW, where've U been concealing Urself? Sincerely hoping U wont turn out to be like Theorbiters.... My very good brother who would rather see me starved of his awesome stories than feed Me... Just hoping sha!

Just Zoom on..... Very soon, Ur hands go dey scoop cloud, dey use am clean Leg!

Theorbiters, Thanks for the Invitation!
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 24, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:
This is definitely another Larrysun in the making! It's not a line bro but U're superb. Your narrative skill, Ur mature choice of words, Ur everything.....is just too good to be true! Definitely, I'll learn a whole lot of skill from U!
BTW, where've U been concealing Urself? Sincerely hoping U wont turn out to be like Theorbiters.... My very good brother who would rather see me starved of his awesome stories than feed Me... Just hoping sha!

Oh my God!! You are far too kind sire.
Larrysun is a demigod, so that comparison is unbalanced.
I am so freakin' excited to have you grace this thread. Your encouragement is morale boosting.
I'm pretty sure Theorbiters is equally outstanding.
Once again, I'm thrilled.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by theorbiters: 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

Rotfl, see this dude sha. Thank God say I no fit reach you where you dey. If not.....
Abeg o, I no dey starve anybody. I can't even write half of what he is writing.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
Simplicity101:

I am so freakin' excited to have you grace this thread. Your encouragement is morale boosting.
U man make Larrysun head explode like swollen Garri ne? And yes.... Theorbiters is awesome, he's just an ardent admirer of the writers who tends to Starve their readers.... Sincerely praying he changes!
And Bro, Sonner or later, U'll be what I think.. Wont tell U sha
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
theorbiters:

Rotfl, see this dude sha. Thank God say I no fit reach you where you dey. If not.....
Abeg o, I no dey starve anybody. I can't even write half of what he is writing.
In an Ibo's man's voice, ''C'mon shaaat up oh!'' But to be serious, when U wan start dey write here na?
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Sire Divepen1, U're welcome Back!
Where went U atfirst?
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

U man make Larrysun head explode like swollen Garri ne? And yes.... Theorbiters is awesome, he's just an ardent admirer of the writers who tends to Starve their readers.... Sincerely praying he changes!
And Bro, Sonner or later, U'll be what I think.. Wont tell U sha
Lmao, well I'm really honoured for you to have me in such esteem.
You are a good writer also. I was reading your Strings....webs! I do hope to write like that someday
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by theorbiters: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Simplicity101:

Outstanding ko. Abeg, I dey follow una for back.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by theorbiters: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

In an Ibo's man's voice, ''C'mon shaaat up oh!'' But to be serious, when U wan start dey write here na?
Okay, I will start very soon. I just hope this dude kills somebody
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Divepen1(m): 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
Knock *knock
Loving this tori...
@ theorbiter, baba, I hail ooo
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by theorbiters: 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
Divepen1:
Knock *knock
Loving this tori...
Baba mi, where u enter since na. We just dey miss ur code breaker story.
Hope school is good
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
Divepen1:
Knock *knock
Loving this tori...
Wow, glad to have you here sire. The author of Tugirl and Code breaker. I love those.
I'm thrilled
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
Simplicity101:

Lmao, well I'm really honoured for you to have me in such esteem.
You are a good writer also. I was reading your Strings....webs! I do hope to write like that someday
Chai.... Now, I know U're kidding me!
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
theorbiters:

Okay, I will start very soon. I just hope this dude kills somebody
Better!
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

Chai.... Now, I know U're kidding me!
Lol. But on the contrary, you are really good
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
simonhabby:
Wow!
Wow!! I'm so glad you like it sire.

I'm thrilled.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
...............CONTINUED.

Moments quickly fades to memories; enjoy every bit.

Eric didn't get to see Sara more often as news of that day occupied the horizons, even the birds talked about it.

Sara wasn't ready to lift up the white flag just yet, in fact her hostilities increased after she blamed herself for showing weakness. Her father would kill her if he heard of it.

Eric didn't mind. He had a plan.

He had planned to win her over and to end the rivalry but before he knew what was happening, they both had been magical struck by an arrow. Cupid's.

Eric couldn't believe he would like her, neither did she accept the fact that she already liked him. Both of them kept acting like I.diots whenever they were near each other. Soon, the whole school knew, he didn't just like, Eric was courting the devil.

Since both were egocentric, their fellow students took it upon themselves to play the matchmaker. Both of them were so blind that they could realise they were being set up.

Eric had received a call from his friend to meet him at a particular location. It sounded so urgent. Eric dashed like a fleeing thief only to get there to find only one person. Sara.

Both stared at themselves as they waited in the room for whoever wanted to see them. No one came.

Right there and then, they took their vows.

Eric and Sara came out of the room, holding each other hands, as loud cheers greeted them. Friends and well-wishers shone their white brushed teeth as everyone congratulated them.
It would have been a complete wedding if only Sara had worn a white gown.

Eric had not known what love was so he just couldn't explain what he felt, and if asked to say something about her, he would say, 'She makes everything easy'. She was almost perfect for him.

At the end of their third year, Eric and Sara sat under the famous cashew tree where their stars first collided. They were in those 'lovers mood' when Eric phone rang. He knew who was calling.

He answered after Sara had beguiled him to do so and the voice he heard melted his crystal heart.
It was Karis, his daughter.

After talking with her for a while, he wore a frown on his face when he heard Mrs. Grace voice. Those memories flooded his brains.
Mrs. Grace had requested to see him urgently but he had refused and he vowed not to ever see her again. He ended the call.

Sara inquired and Eric told her everything. To his surprise, Sara begged him to go see her.
After so much fuss, he agreed, on the condition that she accompanied him. Sara obliged.

Eric decided to tell Mrs. Grace concerning the change in his stance but the network decided not to help him. So he promised to call the next day.

On the night of July 29, 2007, Mrs. Grace and Karis never had the chance to see the next day.
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by theorbiters: 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
Cc
Dyoungstar
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
Simplicity101:

Lol. But on the contrary, you are really good
Coming from a freaking Superb Writer! What could be better than this? I feel elated Bro!
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Divepen1(m): 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
theorbiters:

Baba mi, where u enter since na. We just dey miss ur code breaker story.
Hope school is good
school just resumed yesterday..
I will not be writing online througout my stay in school this semester, because I could not control myself from always coming to check for comments* you know how the thing be na* and it really affected me but I'll write all Bidemi's story offline and every other ones that you guy will be hearing of later.
May I just read, comment, learn from Bosses everywhere till its time to come back
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Divepen1(m): 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
Simplicity101:

Wow, glad to have you here sire. The author of Tugirl and Code breaker. I love those.
I'm thrilled
Thanks sir for even reading my stories and story them by heart.
I am seriously enjoying your story and I know that I will learn more than a lesson from this
Re: Ghosts And Shadows by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
Divepen1:

Thanks sir for even reading my stories and story them by heart.
I am seriously enjoying your story and I know that I will learn more than a lesson from this
Thank you so much for this.
I'm thrilled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Over 10,000 Ebooks On Various Topics (NairaBookshop.com) / I Need The Book-"why We Struck" By Adewale Ademoyega / My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (18+) Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.