Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,565 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students (2130 Views)

"How To Know When Someone Is More Intelligent Than You" by UnoDiscuss.com / Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by Deesick7(m): 6:18am On Mar 20, 2015
Hello fellow nairalanders,
 This is a response to a post earlier that was asking the question, "are science students more intelligent than art students? "Unfortunately, most people commented and stated"yes", science students are more intelligent than art students.
Well evidently, this is not the case. The world is made up of many societies n civilizations n as much as science students are considered "more intelligent", we will find dat dey have only been able to further just some aspect of human life. They basically deal in the objective but the artist in the subjective most of the time. To say that because scientists are investigating the aspects of objectivity to solve human problems, they are more intelligent is truly a grave injustice. It is not easy to write poetry or sketch or even paint great masterpieces from the crevice of the human mind,else everyone would be n artist. Intelligence is innate n cannot be quantified or conscripted to one level of knowledge because the world is made up of different elements and both scientists n artists attempt to solve human problems at varying levels.
You cannot say Einstein is more intelligent than Shakespeare or Galileo more intelligent than Aristotle,because they are geniuses in their own right. So I can comfortably say that those who consider science students more intelligent than art students have failed to critically examine the problem at least in a cursory way. I am an artist, and I'm proud to be one.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by zieraw2005(m): 6:24am On Mar 20, 2015
now that I am mixed breed in the two, what do I say? did arts in secondary school but admission into university gave me a course that comprised chem/phy. I suffered in my year one. that's why my MSc here in Oslo (Norway) is boom. thank you Jesus
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by 42n8dzydoo(m): 6:24am On Mar 20, 2015
K
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by CountDracula(m): 6:36am On Mar 20, 2015
Deesick7:
You cannot say Einstein is more intelligent than Shakespeare or Galileo more intelligent than Aristotle,because they are geniuses in their own right.
actually nobody said shakespeare was a genius! They usually jus say he has an element of genius, He's jus a poet and personally I find his plays altogether boring... And hw is sittin down and writin a play comparable wit openin cadavers,experimenting and making hypothesis?

1 Like

Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by centmichael101(m): 6:36am On Mar 20, 2015
All of them na learners
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by dejt4u(m): 6:46am On Mar 20, 2015
CountDracula:
actually nobody said shakespeare was a genius! They usually jus say he has an element of genius, He's jus a poet and personally I find his plays altogether boring... And hw is sittin down and writin a play comparable wit openin cadavers,experimenting and making hypothesis?
you kill it bro.. Anybody can be a good poet.. Infact, I've seen medical and engineering students doing so well and beating those in art hands down in essay and debate competitions..

The punch line is that; It is very easy for a science student to cope wit art subject but it is nt easy otherwise..
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by CountDracula(m): 6:52am On Mar 20, 2015
dejt4u:
you kill it bro.. Anybody can be a good poet.. Infact, I've seen medical and engineering students doing so well and beating those in art hands down in essay and debate competitions..

The punch line is that; It is very easy for a science student to cope wit art subject but it is nt easy otherwise..
Yes! If science was on same level even d jamb cut off wud hav been d same for medicine and visual arts
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by uchennamani(m): 6:58am On Mar 20, 2015
CountDracula:
You need help bro. Must you display your level of intelligence here?
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by CountDracula(m): 7:02am On Mar 20, 2015
uchennamani:
You need help bro. Must you display your level of intelligence here?
Atleast I hav smthng to display... Instead of tryin to make me feel bad abt my opinion y nt employ dat effort into gainin some intelligence urself
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by uchennamani(m): 7:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Deesick7:
 This is a response to a post earlier that was asking the question, "are science students more intelligent than art students? "Unfortunately, most people commented and stated"yes", science students are more intelligent than art students.
Well evidently, this is not the case. The world is made up of many societies n civilizations n as much as science students are considered "more intelligent", we will find dat dey have only been able to further just some aspect of human life. They basically deal in the objective but the artist in the subjective most of the time. To say that because scientists are investigating the aspects of objectivity to solve human problems, they are more intelligent is truly a grave injustice. It is not easy to write poetry or sketch or even paint great masterpieces from the crevice of the human mind,else everyone would be n artist. Intelligence is innate n cannot be quantified or conscripted to one level of knowledge because the world is made up of different elements and both scientists n artists attempt to solve human problems at varying levels.
You cannot say Einstein is more intelligent than Shakespeare or Galileo more intelligent than Aristotle,because they are geniuses in their own right. So I can comfortably say that those who consider science students more intelligent than art students have failed to critically examine the problem at least in a cursory way. I am an artist, and I'm proud to be one.Thank you.
intelligence is a concept that is not tied to courses we study in our universities. It is ones capacity to engage in abstract thought and problem solving. This is what we have in mind when we say that chimpanzees, dolphins and some apes are intelligent animals. It is on this criteria that we say that shakespeare, Newton, Darwin, Galileo etc are intelligent humans. Intelligence exists in all strata of human existence from the primitive fruit gathering ancient men to the high-tech modern world. It is never to be mistaken with hard work. This is the fallacy that is committed when we say that science students are more intelligent than those that study art based courses. We simply confuse intelligence with hard work. Because of the high demands of science courses, their students work harder compared to their art counter parts. This is never to be confused with intelligence. It is a concept that is found in all strata of human existence.

2 Likes

Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by Yustash001(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2015
Deesick7:
It's because when students are in junior classes....Teachers do tell them Science class isn't for the dullards....but that doesn't mean Science students are more intelligent than Art students.....when I was in Secondary School...The guy that won the award for the overall best Student in a year before I graduated was an Arts student...he was also awarded the best student in mathematics....The guy spent his first time SS1 in science class....when he found out that he doesn't like science courses...he joined Art class...he's now in University of Ibadan studying Law..
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by Deesick7(m): 8:27am On Mar 20, 2015
CountDracula:
Whether you like it or not, the man is the most quoted writer in the history of mankind's ecriture after him Laozi and Khalil Gibran. Plays are different from plays besides his milieu is different from ours so it's natural if you can't really grasp the language and misunderstand d man or find him utterly boring. And if u think u r a great poet or something like that n u r in d sciences,it's not because ur mind is built for the sciences. It's just because u r naturally intelligent. But if u r d most read author n quoted author in the history of mankind then I'd say u r a genius won't u agree.
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by CountDracula(m): 9:49am On Mar 20, 2015
Deesick7:

Whether you like it or not, the man is the most quoted writer in the history of mankind's ecriture after him Laozi and Khalil Gibran. Plays are different from plays besides his milieu is different from ours so it's natural if you can't really grasp the language and misunderstand d man or find him utterly boring. And if u think u r a great poet or something like that n u r in d sciences,it's not because ur mind is built for the sciences. It's just because u r naturally intelligent. But if u r d most read author n quoted author in the history of mankind then I'd say u r a genius won't u agree.
So people quote u... Does those quotes develop anythng? D fone ure usin to type all dis stuff do u think it was invented by quotes or plays? As per bein in d science and stil bein poetic, I think u dnt need much intellect to b a poet, but try understandin calculus alone and u wil knw its nt easy to b a scientist
Re: No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students by CountDracula(m): 9:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Intelligence isn't tied to courses but u can't b a dullard and actually succeed (legally) in d science field, where as u can b a dullard and even get a nobel price in art... And also d contributions of art to mankind's development over d years has been basically zero... All d plays and quotes and words add nthng to our lives at d end of d day, unlike art, science has developped virtually all d gadgets dat we ar usin today so what's d argument abt?

(1) (Reply)

FACTS: 26 Types Of Students In Secondary School (very Funny) / LASPOTECH Admission List 2015/2016 Released / PLZ I NEED UR ADVICE. FUTO OR UNIZIK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.