Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors (1634 Views)

Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) / Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
Often times, we are told that we should not 'judge' these so-called 'men of God' because it is written in the Bible! Okay...but I will keep saying it, like I have always done, that this particular part of the Bible has been used to mesmerize, oppress, capture, manipulate and control so many people! In fact, it has been used to brain-wash so many persons and keep them in positions where they become submissive to so many atrocities some bunch of idio.ts commit, all in the name of religion and worship!!! Below are some of the things an average Nigerian pastor does in the church; sometimes, I just wonder whether members of the congregation are some sort of fools or dumb as.s !!!

1) I attended a certain church where the pastor told the congregation that he would need just 10 people to donate 100 thousand naira each to facilitate a church project. He finally got the 10 persons! To my greatest surprise, the man changed tune and and went down to 30k...then 20k...then 10k...then 5k...3k...2k...1k!!! I became irritated when he said 'anything in your pocket' when initially, he had said it would be 'only' 10 people to contribute 100k! After all the bruhuahua, this pastor said that those who contributed should come out to receive their prayers! He criticized those who didn't contribute openly and said he would not pray for them! Imagine!!! Now, let's look at this. First, the pastor lied that he needed 'just 10 people' to donate 100k! Secondly, how would those that didn't have any money to contribute feel after such a nasty drama that took place in the church? That was the last time I stepped my foot in that church!!!

2) Asking members to raise the offerings up and wave it to the 'glory of God'! What's this rubbish for? Since you claim that you are a 'man of God', you should be able to know what Jesus said in the Book of Matthew, where he admonished Christians not to allow one of their hands to know what the other one is giving. Now, these pastors want to create competition and inferiority complex in the church. If Mr Agbolahan raises 2k as his offering, and Mr Erumukpor raises 20 Naira, how would you want the latter to feel? He would feel intimidated. That's just it! Pastors normally do this to select those who put big cash in the offering box every Sunday cheesy

3) Forcing people to pay 'seed faith'. Is this not a lame trash? Forcinf people to pay money or lay down other valuables as seed faith? Seed faith should be something that willingly comes from the mind; it should not be subjected to pressure or force! Haba! Kilode? Seed faith is a pledge you make to God for something you want Him to do for you! Its not what a pastor tells you to do! Some fools have given out their new phones, shoes and other valuables to pastors as seed faith; while these pastors live in affluence, the fools live in abject poverty! What a sorrowful life!!!

4) Pay your tithe...pay your tithe!!! Some pastors na wa! The only important thing they see in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is tithe! To me, tithe was a jewish tradition! It doesn't have anything to do with one's prosperity. Some people will tell you that if you don't contribute one-tenth of your monthly income as tithe, you will not prosper! I laugh at them all the time. What about those born in Bhuddist countries? Do they contribute one-tenth of their income as tithe? Don't they prosper? What about the Hindu worshippers? What about the juju worshippers? Does it mean they don't prosper? Common!!! I know so many juju worshippers, free thinkers, etc that are doing very well in their various fields in life, so no one should preach that bull crap to me!!!

5) Telling members that they cannot communicate with God except through them (the pastors)! What a bullshi.t!!!

These so called pastors can deceive other people but not me. Am above their evil manipulations! I'm Rapmoney and I am myself!!!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by leshluap(m): 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
in case
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
leshluap:
in case
What happened to 'incase'?
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Funpeter: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sure you won't blame the pastor on the first point he only want everyone to be partaker of God blessing.

Next time before your pastor ask for people who can gv him 10k each tell him you can g v him 100k at a go and see Heaven open for you....

God bless you
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Funpeter:
Sure you won't blame the pastor on the first point he only want everyone to be partaker of God blessing.

Next time before your pastor ask for people who can gv him 10k each tell him you can g v him 100k at a go and see Heaven open for you....

God bless you
When will some Nigerians have sense?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by imbless: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
point of correction, every Christian must pay his or her tithe according to Malachi 3 vs 10(bring ye all the tithe into the storehouse, that there maybe meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, saith the lord of host, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11: and I will rebuke the devourer for. your sake, and he shall not destroy the fruit of your ground; neither shall ur vine cast out her fruit before the time in the field, saith the lord of host.
even the so called idol worshippers have a way of paying their tithe.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
imbless:
point of correction, every Christian must pay his or her tithe according to Malachi 3 vs 10(bring ye all the tithe into the storehouse, that there maybe meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, saith the lord of host, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11: and I will rebuke the devourer for. your sake, and he shall not destroy the fruit of your ground; neither shall ur vine cast out her fruit before the time in the field, saith the lord of host.
My friend, that's some old Jewish religion! Where was tithe paid in the New Testament? You need to answer this one.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by imbless: 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
My friend, that's some old Jewish religion! Where was tithe paid in the New Testament? You need to answer this one.
that one na ur own sentiment, moreover don't twist the GOD'S. word.
also, that is not an old Jewish religion, but a mandate from God .
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
imbless:
that one na ur own sentiment, moreover don't twist the GOD'S. word.
also, that is not an old Jewish religion, but a mandate from God .
I'm not twisting the Bible! Am speaking the hard truth!!! Jesus, in the New Testament, never commanded us to pay tithe. In fact, he never made mention of it! So what are you saying?
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by frank317: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
Funpeter:

God bless you

Whala deooo.

I give up... No hope for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Funpeter: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
frank317:

Whala deooo.

I give up... No hope for Nigeria
You don't need to gv up bro. Did any pastor force you or put gun on your head asking you to gv?

The fact is when God bless you, you won't have problem giving money to God's work. And any body who decide to do otherwise with the money will surely face God wrath.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Funpeter: 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
I'm not twisting the Bible! Am speaking the hard truth!!! Jesus, in the New Testament, never commanded us to pay tithe. In fact, he never made mention of it! So what are you saying?
Bros if you don't want to pay tithe no wahala but you won't stop millions people who believe in it and are paying It.

Leave matter for matter dey ooooo.
People are paying tithe worth of 10m, 5m, 500k montly for the same naija and they aren't politicians infact from a reliable source you won't even know them cos they use bank draft not even their name and this same people are doing it every month.

Last bullet if you feel you want to pay it fine nd if not fine.
God bless us.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by frank317: 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Funpeter:
You don't need to gv up bro. Did any pastor force you or put gun on your head asking you to gv?

The fact is when God bless you, you won't have problem giving money to God's work. And any body who decide to do otherwise with the money will surely face God wrath.

When yahoo yahoo boys deceive their magas to pay, do they force them? Does that make what fraudsters are doing right?

Its called deception... I only pity ur likes because u can be decieved over and over again. What is Gods blessing? Tell me one man you know that has ever received Gods blessing?

Anyway... If you like give all your property and even ur wife to ur pastor and wait for Gods blessing.

... I will soon open my own church.

1 Like

Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Funpeter: 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
imbless:
point of correction, every Christian must pay his or her tithe afccording to Malachi 3 vs 10(bring ye all the tithe into the storehouse, that there maybe meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, saith the lord of host, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Na i disagree bro..... Is never a must it has to be willingly nd with a cheerful heart.
If you don't believe it then don't pay it, but if you believe it then keep paying and the blessing will be yours.

God bless us.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
Funpeter:
Bros if you don't want to pay tithe no wahala but you won't stop millions people who believe in it and are paying It.

Leave matter for matter dey ooooo.
People are paying tithe worth of 10m, 5m, 500k montly for the same naija and they aren't politicians infact from a reliable source you won't even know them cos they use bank draft not even their name and this same people are doing it every month.

Last bullet if you feel you want to pay it fine nd if not fine.
God bless us.
If you are not convinced, that's ur own. For me, I will encourage those that want to end their era of stupidity to stop paying tithe!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
Here is a self-righteous bloke chasing the wind. I wish you would impute this same fervency into perfecting your own salvation and winning souls as well. Remove the scales in your eyes first!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Funpeter: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
If you are not convinced, that's ur own. For me, I will encourage those that want to end their era of stupidity to stop paying tithe!
Okay now......

Continue

God bless you.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by JohnEazy(m): 6:51am On Mar 21, 2015
well....I KNOW God is watching them live on heavens TV..I no wan talk against the anointed
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 8:06am On Mar 21, 2015
JohnEazy:
well....I KNOW God is watching them live on heavens TV..I no wan talk against the anointed
That's what they have been using to manipulate people ever since! 'Don't judge men of God'...nonsense!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by danvault: 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
imbless:

Funny enough tithes were not paid in cash back then but as foodstuffs from harvest and cattles e.t.c Ever wondered why goldsmiths, blacksmiths and carpenters don't pay? Why only farmers and herdsmen?? And do you harvest every month?? Its not a monthly thing. That there may be food in my house, does God need meat in heaven The tithes were meant for the less privileged in the church and not for the pastors extravagant lifestyle. It was not paid in hard currency back then either. I never heard of Jesus paying tithes but taxes... And i used to be a tither too

1 Like

Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 6:48am On Mar 22, 2015
frank317:

When yahoo yahoo boys deceive their magas to pay, do they force them? Does that make what fraudsters are doing right?

Its called deception... I only pity ur likes because u can be decieved over and over again. What is Gods blessing? Tell me one man you know that has ever received Gods blessing?

Anyway... If you like give all your property and even ur wife to ur pastor and wait for Gods blessing.

Your post shows we still have some sensible people in this part of the world!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 6:51am On Mar 22, 2015
danvault:

Funny enough tithes were not paid in cash back then but as foodstuffs from harvest and cattles e.t.c Ever wondered why goldsmiths, blacksmiths and carpenters don't pay? Why only farmers and herdsmen?? And do you harvest every month?? Its not a monthly thing. That there may be food in my house, does God need meat in heaven The tithes were meant for the less privileged in the church and not for the pastors extravagant lifestyle. It was not paid in hard currency back then either. I never heard of Jesus paying tithes but taxes... And i used to be a tither too
You see! Today these pastors live in affluence while their foolish members live in abject poverty and confusion! I pity some people...they will never learn! So sad.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 6:54am On Mar 22, 2015
Frank317 and danvault, you guys can reason logically. Kudos!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 6:57am On Mar 22, 2015
CounsellorWise:
Here is a self-righteous bloke chasing the wind. I wish you would impute this same fervency into perfecting your own salvation and winning souls as well. Remove the scales in your eyes first!
there are no scales covering my eyes but am sure there are thousands of scales covering your eyes, which have gotten you blinded from the truth!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by danvault: 12:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rapmoney:
Frank317 and danvault, you guys can reason logically. Kudos!

Funny how these new generation pastors hit on tithes and offerings almost every sunday. They'll never preach against covetousness and keeping the sabbath day holy and these are clearly among the ten commandments... I attend winners till date but my eyes are now open to my own bible. Happy sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
danvault:

Funny how these new generation pastors hit on tithes and offerings almost every sunday. They'll never preach against covetousness and keeping the sabbath day holy and these are clearly among the ten commandments... I attend winners till date but my eyes are now open to my own bible. Happy sunday
Happy Sunday to you too cheesy
Re: 5 Annoying Things Common With Nigerian Pastors by Rapmoney(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2015
frank317:

That guy will be a complete maga for a long time!

(1) (Reply)

How To Conqure/cure Ulcer Naturally: Be Spiritual And Health Conscious / Who Was The Owner Of The Cock That Crow When Peter Denie Jesus Three Time? / Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies About Dangote, Otedola, Oshiomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.