Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Australian Woman Places Advertisement To Find The Father Of Her Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Australian Woman Places Advertisement To Find The Father Of Her Child (447 Views)

Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / Arab Woman Places Advert In Newspaper To Praise Her Kenyan Househelp (photos) / Angry Woman Places ‘smelling Vagina’ Curse On Lady Who Slept With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australian Woman Places Advertisement To Find The Father Of Her Child by mmsen: 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
A young woman was so desperate to find the father of her unborn son that she posted an ad on Gumtree with unexpected vitriolic responses from total strangers.

Bianca Fazey, 24, had a one night stand with a man in Perth, Western Australia on April 23 this year and surprisingly discovered she was pregnant after being told in 2011 that she was unlikely to ever become a mum when she was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome.

For five months, Bianca frantically searched for the father but had no luck as she only knew his first name and what suburb he lived in.

'I was at my wits end,' she told Daily Mail Australia. 'I tried finding him for months and felt pressured by a friend who was adamant I don't give up despite exhausting all avenues.'

This was when Bianca, who was so stressed that she was losing sleep, decided to post an ad on Gumtree which created a barrage of hateful responses prompting her to take to take it down.

'I stupidly put it up thinking no one would even see it but who knows what will happen, maybe I will get lucky,' she said.

'Unfortunately all I got was lots of judgement and idiots messaging me telling me they would be the father or pretending to be Jeremy.'

The most offensive messages were from people saying that Bianca, who is due in mid January, should have opted for a termination.

'When it was shared on the LAD bible page a lot of people made single-minded comments aimed at me, no one mentioned the guy was equally a part of me getting pregnant,' she said.

'Sometimes I want to be like one of those people on Maury Povich screaming back at the audience because they have no clue what they're booing about!'

Bianca wasn't exactly shocked to be called names like a 'sl**' but it got out of control when one person lashed out saying 'kill it'.

'It was sad to see people saying I should get an abortion, those were the only comments that hurt.'

'Society is still hating on women who choose to keep pregnancy outside of a relationship,' she said.

'I was more mad at the amount of women (mums included) saying I shouldn't go through with it.'

But Bianca has risen above the horrendous backlash and can't wait to meet her little man when he enters the world in two months.

'All I can say is I chose to go ahead with the pregnancy because I didn't think I could have children,' she said.

'Even though I knew this guy had disappeared I didn't want to give up my chance and I'm so grateful I didn't.'
Re: Australian Woman Places Advertisement To Find The Father Of Her Child by Holla911(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Australian Woman Places Advertisement To Find The Father Of Her Child by sinaj(f): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
.na wa o!!!
Re: Australian Woman Places Advertisement To Find The Father Of Her Child by leshluap(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
wetin u dey find the man for? move on wt speed, the man has disappeared.

(1) (Reply)

Say 'no' To Post-election Violence. Sai One Nigeria! - Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu / Does The "Rod" Mean The Use Of Objects? / How True Is This Assertion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.