Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid (3367 Views)

10 Things A Mechanic Doesn't Want You To Know / How A Mechanic Made A Nigerian Woman Drive With A Missing Suspension Linkage / See What Mechanic Did To A New Car ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by adanny01(m): 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
So I had a weak brake pad clip that caused my almost worn out front right brake pad to rattle. My car, 03 Accord I4, was parked at the usual mechanics just by victimised hybrid. I had my mechanic pack a piece of carton like they usually do to the clips to reduce the rattle. He told me a hilarious story about the accord that can start without using its starter motor (kick starter). After LOL, i asked him to pop the hood which he did. I was shocked from my find. See the picture below if you will notice.

Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
That's a fire/explosion/accident etc time bomb hazard waiting to happen
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by adanny01(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
The first thing i noticed was the generator (alternator) sitting somewhere strange. Secondly the belt system was no longer serpentine as usual with hondas from 2003. Thirdly, his attempt to start the car with starter motor connect failed. But when he removed the harness from the starter motor and tried again, the car simply and quietly sprout to life with no usual click or kick.

From the pics below, notice
1. The alternator is definitely not for this car
2. There is a construction for tensioning the belt drive which is attached to engine mount
3. See the serpentine belt tensioner idle and out of belt loop

Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by nurey(m): 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
Op if I knew you, I did take a cane and flog you well that's not an honda accord, that's a 3.0L V6 Kazeem Accord Hazardbrid. Stay clear off its path grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by Readonee35L(m): 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
: o
Mogbe oh
This one na End Time Mechanic

Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by Raymie(m): 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
No comments. Only condolences.
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by adanny01(m): 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
nurey:
Op if I knew you, I did take a cane and flog you well that's not an honda accord, that's a 3.0L V6 Kazeem Accord Hazardbrid. Stay clear off its path grin

LWKMD
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by sultaan(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
ou have to tell that mechanic to remove everything they have added to the car and the foolish owner they don't deserve to own a bicycle.
The car is a V6 accord hybrid it does not need a starter to work just turn it on and drive I think when the foolish owner drive and come to a stop the engine stops all the time so they brought it to a mechanic that the engine is stopping with is normal to save fuel and it will restart on its own when you press the accelerator.

Kazeem want to add what he thinks is missing but that car can still be salvaged if they undo everything they did.the engine works why take it to a mechanic
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by instinctg(m): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
sultaan:
ou have to tell that mechanic to remove everything they have added to the car and the foolish owner they don't deserve to own a bicycle.
The car is a V6 accord hybrid it does not need a starter to work just turn it on and drive I think when the foolish owner drive and come to a stop the engine stops all the time so they brought it to a mechanic that the engine is stopping with is normal to save fuel and it will restart on its own when you press the accelerator.

Kazeem want to add what he thinks is missing but that car can still be salvaged if they undo everything they did.the engine works why take it to a mechanic

wetin this one de talk ?
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
That car's now a ruin. If the owner truly took a Hybrid-powered Honda to a roadside mechanic, he deserves to have his car wrecked.

I feel sorry for the car, but I have zero sympathy for the owner.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
You said the car is an I4 hybrid this is a V6 engine
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
Did you have problems with the kick or Kazeem was just proud to show you his latest invention?
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by adanny01(m): 4:59am On Mar 23, 2015
cne010:
You said the car is an I4 hybrid this is a V6 engine

I said my car is an I4
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by adanny01(m): 5:23am On Mar 23, 2015
Siena:
That car's now a ruin. If the owner truly took a Hybrid-powered Honda to a roadside mechanic, he deserves to have his car wrecked.

I feel sorry for the car, but I have zero sympathy for the owner.

The funny thing is that this particular road side mechanic was not the one who did all the mess in the car. His situation was worst as he had no idea what kind of car he had in his shop or that alot of things have been altered. He was just trying to impress me with a car similar but special car to mine that could start with starter motor disconnected. He pointed to another covered suv that could do same, i didnt bother to find out what car it was.

When he popped the hood, the first thing i said was Hybrid and V6 then i saw the alternator and could not believe Honda put it there.

He told me the transmission was special unlike mine. I said, really, show me! The shifter was the same but i was expecting to see probably an Overdrive switch but what he showed me was hilarious. He pointed to the two seat heater switches on each side of the gear shifter. He told me how the owner drove the car while he fumbled with the buttons when the gear would not shift.

I told him i had pity on the owner who i believe bought that car out of ignorance.
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by earthrealm(m): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
clowns
clowns and thier cars are soon parted!!! grin grin grin

so many scenarios, the owner prolly wanted to convert it to normal accord, cos probablly the hybrid batt has died..
its impossible to convert and have the car serve u well
Re: Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 24, 2015
instinctg:

wetin this one de talk ?
How did you join Nairaland? Am sure u didn't pass ur CBT.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Car Parts Price Check / How Does One Make A Correction To His/her Driver's License? / Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 03-08 And Honda Pilot 03-06

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.