Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,275 members, 7,954,088 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Considering Microdermabrasion - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Considering Microdermabrasion (2318 Views)

Trying To Conceive On Your Own Or Considering ART...lets Talk Here! / If You're Considering A Tattoo, Read This! / What Is A Balanced Diet Considering The Kind Of Food We Have Here In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Considering Microdermabrasion by Riskie(f): 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2009
I'm going for a consultation at a skin care clinic tomorrow. My acne was really bad lasy year and it's going away now but it has left some scars that I HATE. I was thinking of a chemical peel but that seems really harsh. I heard that microdermabrasion is good for acne scars, sun damage and making the skin smooth but I'm scared LOL! Anyway I know when I get there they are going to paint a really rosy picture of the whole procedure so I just wanted to know about real life experiences with microdermabrasion.

If you have had this done or know anyone who has what was it like, did it hurt? Were the results what you expected? Did it help with acne? Are the affects lasting or was it a wate of money?
Re: Considering Microdermabrasion by KarmaMod(f): 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2009
How expensive is that in the UAE?

Have you looked into RX for Brown Skin, it's a line for Black skin created by a black american dermatologist. My sister has terrible acne and she's been using it, been seeing improvements

Look it up wink
Re: Considering Microdermabrasion by Riskie(f): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2009
It's actually not very expensive. Each session costs $100(US) but when I called them they said they have to see my skin to know how many sessions I need. And I think I'll be needing many lol. I'm tired of acne washes and lotions. They have been nothing but a waste for me. Some of them even made it worse so I'm scared to even go there. The weather isn't helping much either undecided
Re: Considering Microdermabrasion by iice(f): 10:04am On Jan 20, 2009
Well i haven't done it but i was planning to go for the diamond one.
My sis started like 2 weeks ago, she said it wasn't painful (i imagine it to be just like exfoliating with soap undecided)
She doesn't have acne just scars from chicken pox.  After a session, her skin looks good, but i don't know if it will be like that for everyone undecided
Re: Considering Microdermabrasion by Sookie(f): 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2009
you could try mary kay microdermabration which is really gentle and can be used 3 times a week at home.
Re: Considering Microdermabrasion by KarmaMod(f): 11:21pm On Feb 06, 2009
which one is "diamond" one, iice?
Re: Considering Microdermabrasion by rupertnrupert: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2011
Microdermabrasion is treatment which removes acne scars, wrinkles,old spots, dead skin, dark circles and many more. It is very good treatment for skin. It has no side effects so everybody can apply it. It is also cheap. I have experience with this treatment and get best best result.

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Theobroma Cacao(cocoa ) / Some Freaky Diseases You Won't Believe Really Exist. / Coronavirus: Nigerians, Start Saving Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.