Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! (695 Views)

if These 3 Monikers Leave Romance Section Today Thousands Will Follow Them!!!! / Shocking Photos: Nigerian Girls Fighting Dirty At The Club Over A Rich Man / Chealsea Football Club Fans Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! by Emperoh(m): 8:48pm On Jan 18, 2009
Fellow Users,
We were all witness to the locking of the Sports fans thread in the very recent past
All of a sudden, over 800 pages of postings, arguments and teaching were gone.
It was like a film, a robbery and denial. Things we loved to refer to in times of arguments were lost,
they couldn't be accessed for reference purposes.
We were all sad not just for the loss but cos we were never briefed nor informed before this happened.

Now we were made to understand that any fans thread that exceeds one hundred pages will be locked
Never to be accessed any more. But i don't really think this will be the solution to lowering the load on the software
which is being touted as the reason for these actions.

We understand and bear with the owner Seun but, i believe that there are other sections on this Website that can give way for this to stay.
In the romance section for example, the sexuality thread is more or less useless negatively educating. Lewd topics and questions add practically rien to our daily intellectual intake. Hence its just there for the fun of it
Loads of meaningless postings can give way to the intelligent bickering that has become the fans thread
Same goes to the dating and meet up.
Old job postings in the Career and Job seeking thread can also give way.
Adverts of sold cars too in the Auto section.
Same goes for fashion, property, Jokes and Celebrities.

This post is for those who are against these actions. A lot of us spend huge amount of human hours on this section
Someone like me can't go a day without being on Nairaland. It forms a part of my daily routine.
A lot of minds have rubbed together here and we can't afford to lose these people or the fun we all generate here
Especially the Sports Fans thread and the Sports section.

Lets us all join hands to prevail on Seun to let the Sports Fans thread be.
This is my humble position and i know a lot of people will support this
Commendation goes to the moderators who may have started actions in support of this cause
This is to lend credence to their efforts. . . . they are also doing a great job keeping arguments here clean, fact filled are educating

Nairaland Belongs To Us All!!!

Ka Chineke Mezie Okwu!!!
Re: Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! by A40(m): 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2009
The revolution will not be televised!!! grin grin grin But seriously these modifications don't make any sense
Re: Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! by Emperoh(m): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2009
40 Boi!!
Is it the Military junta we have on Nairaland?
Re: Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! by superstar1(m): 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ Seun,

Pls leave our darling threads alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ALL WE ARE SAYING
LEAVE OUR THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLI SOLI SOLI

SOLIDARITY FOREVER WE SHALL ALWAYS FIGHT FOR OUR THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! by Tgirl4real(f): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2009
SOLI grin
Re: Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! by Epi: 10:01pm On Jan 19, 2009
@Poster

Let me know where, when and what time you want me to show up with my Placard.  grin grin grin

Re: Leave The Club Fans Thread Alone!:::! by A40(m): 3:18am On Jan 20, 2009
Emperoh:

40 Boi!!
Is it the Military junta we have on Nairaland?
Lol i dunno what junta you are talking about

(1) (Reply)

Hhg / Please Join In If You're A Fan Of Becomrich's. / Fastest Selling Estates In Nigeria(c Of O)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.