Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel (1438 Views)

5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? / 5 Golden Rules Of Business Travel For Nigerians / 10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by ifyan(m): 11:06am On Mar 21, 2015
Companies sending employees on work trips to London should be prepared to spend hundreds of pounds per person each day, as the UK capital is one of the world’s costliest cities for business travel.
With an average daily spend of £340 per person, London is the seventh most expensive city in the world for work-related travel.

Caracas, the capital of Venezuela, topped the table, costing £416 per person each day, according to BDC Travel.

The corporate travel provider, which is headquartered in Utrecht in the Netherlands, analysed its clients’ expenditure on business trips, including hotel rooms, car rental reservations and food.

As can be seen on the map above, which was created by the US-based business-to-business marketplace Expert travel, Caracas’ costliness is an outlier in its region, as most of the priciest destinations for business travel are in Western Europe.

By contrast, no American cities make the top 20 when it comes to pricey business travel, with San Francisco ranking highest in the 23rd position with a daily spend of around £300.

Expert Market explained thatVenezuela's strict currency controls make the region more expensive than its South American neighbours, with taxis costing 70pc more in Caracas than in San Francisco and the average restaurant meal costing 30pc more.

A McDonald's meal in the Venezuelan capital is more than two thirds pricier than in the Silicon Valley hub.

Additionally, business travellers are often booked into the most expensive hotels due to Caracas' high danger levels.Caracas has the second highest murder rate in the world, second only to San Pedro Sula in Honduras, with 116 homicides per 100,000 residents in 2014.

The most expensive European city, which ranks second overall, is Geneva in Switzerland with a daily cost of £373 per person. Stockholm, Stavanger in Norway and Hong Kong round out the top five.

In seventh place, a trip to London is pennies cheaper than Zurich and falls ahead of Paris, Oslo and the Saudi capital Riyadh.

Source:http://nairausd..com/
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by ifyan(m): 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
If you check the map from the site, you will notice an African city is among.
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by anitabeauty(f): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2015
Cali
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by ifyan(m): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
[quote author=anitabeauty post=31878530]Cali[/quote

What did you mean by cali
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by ifyan(m): 9:40am On Mar 23, 2015
This the map and graph.

Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by mibas: 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
ifyan:
If you check the map from the site, you will notice an African city is among.
Luanda-Angola is most expensive city ever seen even morethan Caracas.
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by ifyan(m): 12:08am On Mar 24, 2015
mibas:

Luanda-Angola is most expensive city ever seen even morethan Caracas.
If you can produce proof, you are free.

But I have hard of such.
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by mibas: 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
ifyan:

If you can produce proof, you are free.

But I have hard of such.
I have been there in 2013, and i was spending almost $600 a day while. Even Angola's visa is almost like US's visa
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by ifyan(m): 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
mibas:

I have been there in 2013, and i was spending almost $600 a day while. Even Angola's visa is almost like US's visa

I have not been there before but that personal experience in which it can be disputed.

Please mibas can you present a better proof if you can't agree with BDC travel.

Sorry if my suggestion offended your view.
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by mibas: 10:15am On Mar 25, 2015
ifyan:

I have not been there before but that personal experience in which it can be disputed.

Please mibas can you present a better proof if you can't agree with BDC travel.

Sorry if my suggestion offended your view.
I don't disagree with BDC travel research what i done is just giving my experience.
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by ifyan(m): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
mibas:

I don't disagree with BDC travel research what i done is just giving my experience.

Ok . That good.
Re: The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Business Travel by Rudaiya(f): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2017
Car rental service in paris is really cheap, not that expensive as you mentioned above. Just Call Taxi In Paris, go on the website or use your iPhone to find a cab in Paris in a short delay.

(1) (Reply)

Good Hotel In Accra, Liberia Road. / Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? / Graphic Photos From A Horrific Bike Accident On Ikorodu Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.