Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? (621 Views)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / Lekki Nursery School Where Acceptance Fee Is N2million (Photo) / See The Reply This Guy Gave To A School Where They Pay 210K For Crèche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by OpraMenu(m): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
I FRIEND OF MINE WHO'S A TEACHER TOLD ME OF WHAT HAPPENED IN A SCHOOL WHERE HE WORKS. HE SAID A TEACHER WAS IN CLASS (BASIC 5) TEACHING, WHILE SHE WAS EXPLAINING A PUPIL SAID 'MA YOU ARE MAKING NOISE' THE TEACHER WAS ANNOYED SO SHE ASKED THE GIRL TO KNEEL DOWN FOR ABOUT SOME MINUTES WHICH THE PUPIL DID. BUT THE FOLLOWING DAY THE PARENT OF THE CHILD CALLED THE OWNER OF THE SCHOOL AND THE OWNER OF THE SCHOOL SUSPENDED THE TEACHER......... MY QUESTION NOW IS CAN YOU SEND YOUR CHILD TO A SCHOOL WHERE TEACHERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCIPLINE STUDENTS? This As I Heard Is A Common Occurence Among Most big private schools in Lagos.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
I will rather send my kids to NDA or any available military schools.

I no get time for any western way of discipline.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by DesChyko: 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Only few people can afford such schools.
But personally, I can NEVER do that.
Although there must be some sort of discipline in every school, maybe not the type you are used to.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by OpraMenu(m): 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
shadowgwalker:
I will rather send my kids to NDA or any available military schools.

I no get time for any western way of discipline.
we don't have same culture with the west. why is it difficult for some parents to understand ?
Re: Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
Spare the rod and spoil the child..If teachers don't flog my Child,,who will? grin
Re: Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
Maybe not. But the thing is that d kind of discipline they practise here in nigeria may be called abuse/suffering in some other countries. But I don't want my child to go to a skul where there's zero discipline. There should be a certain degree of justified discipline in skuls.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
OpraMenu:
we don't have same culture with the west. why is it difficult for some parents to understand ?
that's the thing, every parent wants their kids to 'enjoy ' life, they think that's the best to make the kids luv them.
our parents excelled in their various careers because of discipline and the fire they went thru. these days you see children getting  in all subjects in secondary school. no first, no last... but give the child a private teacher and see how empty the child is.

I think the high school fees rate is just for facility maintenance.

meanwhile, there are still good schools out there, I also like religious schools like Turkish (Abuja), they don't really flog them but they are just disciplined.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2015
qbd2:
Maybe not. But the thing is that d kind of discipline they practise here in nigeria may be called abuse/suffering in some other countries. But I don't want my child to go to a skul where there's zero discipline. There should be a certain degree of justified discipline in skuls.
good!please let's get married and start a wonderful family together grin
Re: Can You Take Your Child To A School Where Teachers Don't Discipline Students? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
Igwevalentine:
Spare the rod and spoil the child..If teachers don't flog my Child,,who will? grin
the bible doesn't literally mean using a cane oh!
they say, 'the words you say to some people at a particular time could make tears roll or you could make a smiling face '
the way you communicate with your kids could be a form of discipline . always using a whip will only harden the child, it's left for the child now to be the same or repent.

you get?smiley

(1) (Reply)

Yes! We Want Quality And Not Quantity Education For Our Children / A Family Of First Class Graduates / Did He Do The Right Thing By Confessing Publicly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.