Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:56 PM

happy sunday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / happy sunday (735 Views)

My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! / A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday / Wish Someone Special On Nairaland Happy New Month And Happy Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

happy sunday by iphanyiuma(m): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2015
Hello everyone
Good morning n happy sunday
Re: happy sunday by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2015
Not true. No one is more important dan d oda
Re: happy sunday by bennyrazz: 9:42am On Mar 22, 2015
arrrrrghhhh! not again
Re: happy sunday by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 22, 2015
iphanyiuma:
Is it true that a male child is more important than a female child??

...a man gave birth to a boy 2 years ago and even before the child left the hospital the father killed a ram and distributed drink I for one drank 2 star..cool but just last week his wife gave birth and he was just normal and when I enquired from him bout the welfare of his wife he told me she had given birth to a girl I jokingly requested for a bottle of beer and he said and I quote "I go high you wen my wife born boy again"....so that has always got me thinking.

I for one love women cool and think they contribute positively to the society wen you take a look at the likes of chimamanda adichie and the rest of em..

and think they are more supportive than men...
It's not true. Both sexes are equally important, albeit for different reasons. Think of it like a car; no matter how important you think the engine is, it's equally important to have tires, working brakes, a fuel tank, etc. Male and female children have different roles to play in the family and society at large.

Your friend is just ignorant of the wider implications of his opinion and statement. That little girl will grow up to become a wife and mother. She's supposed to be given the tools to be a pillar of society she should be. I don't value my father more than my mother, I respect them in different ways and for different things because their roles in shaping me were quite different.

Touche

You might to back up there. Let's not go there.
Re: happy sunday by EcoTerror: 9:51am On Mar 22, 2015
In Oliver de Coque voice *Amuru nwoke amuru nwaanyi, nwa bu nwa.* I've got a pretty daughter that I'm working my socks off to give the best, I do see her as my LIGHT. Its never about the sex of a child rather what He/She turns out to be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: happy sunday by TooNoisy(f): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2015
You should leave the village and come to a city. That way you will stop meeting silly people who ask daft questions.

1 Like

Re: happy sunday by taryour(f): 9:58am On Mar 22, 2015
A child is a child. Either male or female. The most important thing is how a child is raised. May we all give birth and raise prosperous children in the right path whom will make us proud parents. It all by God grace.

1 Like

Re: happy sunday by EfemenaXY: 10:06am On Mar 22, 2015
Another poor attempt at creating a he versus she bashing session.

@op: have you even had your bath yet, today? undecided
Re: happy sunday by omokoladele(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2015
Say NO to gender discrimination!

A Child is a Child wether Male or Female.

What you should be worrying about is how to give them a better life.
Re: happy sunday by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 22, 2015
Only an ignorant man does that..

A child is important, be it male,or female..
Re: happy sunday by damiso(f): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2015
You people don't get tired ni .. Gosh undecided

1 Like

Re: happy sunday by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 22, 2015
None is important than the other. They both hav their different roles and functions. "It depends on the one that would be more useful to u as a parent in the future." - Go read the novel -- THE WICKEDNESS OF MAN - by Victor Oguejiofor
But on a second thought, in Royal families, when the king is ageing and still he hasn't gotten any male child, it will be obvious that a calamity is looming ahead. In as much the king does not want his royalty to fade away... HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO CARRY ON THE KINGLY DINASTY
so you can see the rate at which he desperately hunts for an heir, even going to the extent of marrying many wives.

Now lets look back to our home and family. A father would be deeply troubled if after giving birth to 3 to 4 daughters yet no Male child, coz the girls will end up Answering Mrs Ojo, Mrs Okoro, Mrs Emeka, so you get! who will bear his surname? (Guys shey u no what am talking about here?) I sincerely believe no sane father will be happy to see his lineage come to an abrupt end!
So u see the light of the matter
And before u begin bashing me, i didn't say that one is better than the other.
IMHO!
Re: happy sunday by EfemenaXY: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2015
damiso:
You people don't get tired ni .. Gosh undecided

I know. Boring, innit?
Re: happy sunday by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2015
^^i tire o!
Re: happy sunday by Lilyomi(f): 10:33am On Mar 22, 2015
None is. All r same provided they grow n fufill their purpose.

(1) (Reply)

Ebun Irurhe: Africa’s Oldest IVF Mum’s Baby Turns One (photos) / First Conjoined Twin Girls Separated In Afghan (pic) / 10 Things About Being A Man In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.