Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

A Question For Well-rooted Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Well-rooted Christians (1404 Views)

Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2015
In Nigeria especially, we all know different churches with different doctrines and all claim to serve the same Almighty God..... for instance
*Deeper life
*Canaan land
*celestial church
*mountain of fire
*Roman Catholic and so on

All churches listed above have different doctrines and we know their general overseers to be true Men of God....why is this so why are their ways of serving and worshipping God different??

1 Like

Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by pneumaticos(m): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rooted christians do not answer such question,
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by johnydon22(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
OP u funny shaa... their are over 40,000 christian sects in the world, with different beliefs and practise. . each claiming to be right true sect and the other sects are going to hell ... grin lmao.. christianity shaa cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
johnydon22:
OP u funny shaa... their are over 40,000 christian sects in the world, with different beliefs and practise. . each claiming to be right true sect and the other sects are going to hell ... grin lmao.. christianity shaa cheesy
it's really surprising..only God knows his true men

1 Like

Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
pneumaticos:
Rooted christians do not answer such question,
y
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by ifex370(m): 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
millyajay:
y

do you believe in the rapture?
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by johnw74: 3:45am On Mar 23, 2015
ifex370:

I do

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by davien(m): 4:19am On Mar 23, 2015
millyajay:
it's really surprising..only God knows his true men
How?
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 6:39am On Mar 23, 2015
davien:
How?
do you think all this people that call themselves men of God are true Men of God?
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 6:40am On Mar 23, 2015
ifex370:

yes I do
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by ifex370(m): 7:58am On Mar 23, 2015
johnw74:

I do

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

noted
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by ifex370(m): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2015
millyajay:
do you think all this people that call themselves men of God are true Men of God?

Personally, I don't follow what these so called men of God teach... there has always been traces of contradiction's here and there, even up to saint Paul...

The true Gospel of Jesus should be followed from all his sermons and nothing less is expected from those who call themselves believers
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by Alexk2(m): 8:21am On Mar 23, 2015
@ op.....canaan land isnt the name of a church pls....just a location like redemption city.
abt your ??, there is nothing wrong in diversity but the mentality(of my church is the best, the only one that can make heaven, u musnt marry from other church) created in the minds of most of their members is what makes it all wrong.
but in the end, everybody will give account of how we make use of God's grace after-here.
For me, the only question that concern me is if a person is born-again and is indeed and ambassador for Christ...after that, the church you are attending makes no meaning- we are all one with Christ's live-blood flowing in us all; one in spirit, one in love!

1 Like

Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by davien(m): 9:36am On Mar 23, 2015
millyajay:
I'm an agnostic atheist, so as far as I can tell....I don't know. What is a "god"(using your definition) and why is it in need of men?
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2015
Alexk2:
@ op.....canaan land isnt the name of a church pls....just a location like redemption city.
abt your ??, there is nothing wrong in diversity but the mentality(of my church is the best, the only one that can make heaven, u musnt marry from other church) created in the minds of most of their members is what makes it all wrong.
but in the end, everybody will give account of how we make use of God's grace after-here.
For me, the only question that concern me is if a person is born-again and is indeed and ambassador for Christ...after that, the church you are attending makes no meaning- we are all one with Christ's live-blood flowing in us all; one in spirit, one in love!
sorry for that..Winners chapel rather...If am right on what you just the Holy Spirit teaches different doctrines right? for instance burning of candles,using of Holy water,wearing accessories(earrings and so on) in some churches and forbidding it in some are all teaching of the same HOLY SPIRIT?....

1 Like

Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2015
ifex370:

Personally, I don't follow what these so called men of God teach... there has always been traces of contradiction's here and there, even up to saint Paul...

The true Gospel of Jesus should be followed from all his sermons and nothing less is expected from those who call themselves believers
God bless you..
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2015
davien:
I'm an agnostic atheist, so as far as I can tell....I don't know. What is a "god"(using your definition) and why is it in need of men?
before I answer your question..y are u an atheist? were you once Christian? if yes what changed your mind and belief?
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by davien(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2015
millyajay:
before I answer your question..y are u an atheist? were you once Christian? if yes what changed your mind and belief?
Yes I was once a christian....born of two deacons and also worked in the church for a while before studying intensely about the bible, it's history and it's development....along with good schooling.
What changed my mind isn't really one thing but a host of things....if I should label it under a name it would be the "dishonest display of fictional and/or non-demonstrable elements as true without confirmation and demoting critical thinking"...

Anything else?

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by Maamin(m): 10:23am On Mar 23, 2015
Op, my 2cent...hold fast to the word of God..paul says in Gal. 1:8 " But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." cool
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by millyajay(f): 10:57am On Mar 23, 2015
davien:
Yes I was once a christian....born of two deacons and also worked in the church for a while before studying intensely about the bible, it's history and it's development....along with good schooling.
What changed my mind isn't really one thing but a host of things....if I should label it under a name it would be the "dishonest display of fictional and/or non-demonstrable elements as true without confirmation and demoting critical thinking"...

Anything else?
Wow I understand you..at times I feel the same way too especially when I see some things in the bible and ahl be like can this be true? or when ahl pray like am gonna collapse and nothing happens..but these aren't reason enough for me to say God doesn't exist..coz me breathing isn't by magic or science..thats enough confirmation that there is God......we can't say we are more intelligent than the Most High...but it's your decision anyway I pray the Lord touches your heart again himself..(amen)
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by davien(m): 11:26am On Mar 23, 2015
millyajay:
Wow I understand you..
Let's see if you do.

at times I feel the same way too especially when I see some things in the bible and ahl be like can this be true?
Okay,do you then investigate or stop there?

or when ahl pray like am gonna collapse and nothing happens..
Okay.

but these aren't reason enough for me to say God doesn't exist..
If you check my entire comments since I've joined nairaland,you won't see me say "god doesn't exist"...although I understand that that's what you're taught all atheists say(I'll tell you why extensively below)

For something to be known to exist it should atleast be verifiable in some way and when you bring a "supernatural god" in to a discussion we have a situation where it's been admitted that one has no evidence, nor ever could,but one believes by faith(lack of evidence)..

And this I think isn't a sufficient justification to believe something....by that parameter of "faith" one can believe anything(true or false) and it then brings actions geared towards that belief into play..

As a holder of the christian belief are you more liable to speak against a woman's right to an abortion and/or shun homosexuality?

So if anyone can bring up any "god/gods" and it can also be believed and held as true by faith....how then can one tell if it's not imaginative and If any is true....

If one can't tell(which is the case), then it's pretty much non-existent to you....so you'd act indifferent towards it.

An example is this....how do you know an invisible flying cow that doesn't manifest,isn't and hasn't been following you since you were born?

Can you prove/disprove that?....so you'd act indifferent, it's as good as not existing....even if people believe in it in the multitudes....you still wouldn't be able to discern if it's true....that's why faith is employed to make people believe.

coz me breathing isn't by magic or science..
Actually it is.....you need energy for metabolic processeses and for that you consume food....that food is then required to be broken down into glucose....the sugar molecule required for powering your bodies metabolic activities(aerobic in this case)

A lot of chemistry is needed for you to breathe..

thats enough confirmation that there is God......

No it isn't, besides the fact that your statement merely tags your "god" as the only sole reason without any justification and it(this statement) can be applied by any theist to justify any belief....

It's basically saying....you breathe therefore "allah,god,sango,twin goddesses" did it...

we can't say we are more intelligent than the Most High...but it's your decision anyway I pray the Lord touches your heart again himself..(amen)
I never implied I was more intelligent than anybody....and I don't need your prayers.(although I note you're merely concerned for my wellbeing in respect to your religion)

All those points are agnostic atheism in a nutshell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by Alexk2(m): 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2015

author=millyajay post=31910387] sorry for that..Winners chapel
rather...If am right on what you just the Holy Spirit teaches different
doctrines right? for instance burning of candles,using of Holy
water,wearing accessories(earrings and so on) in some churches and
forbidding it in some are all teaching of the same HOLY
SPIRIT?....

No., you arent right. i'm talking about diversity without division where we see each other as one despite the fact that we attend different church with different doctrines......but any doctrine that isnt biblical based is wrong and should be rejected!....that is why we should be spiritually sensitive, alert and know what the bible say; only then can we be able to differentiate the God's doctine and that of man.
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by oneda(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
This may answer your question How far may churchmen differ?
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
davien:

Let's see if you do.

Okay,do you then investigate or stop there?

Okay.

If you check my entire comments since I've joined nairaland,you won't see me say "god doesn't exist"...although I understand that that's what you're taught all atheists say(I'll tell you why extensively below)

For something to be known to exist it should atleast be verifiable in some way and when you bring a "supernatural god" in to a discussion we have a situation where it's been admitted that one has no evidence, nor ever could,but one believes by faith(lack of evidence)..

And this I think isn't a sufficient justification to believe something....by that parameter of "faith" one can believe anything(true or false) and it then brings actions geared towards that belief into play..

As a holder of the christian belief are you more liable to speak against a woman's right to an abortion and/or shun homosexuality?

So if anyone can bring up any "god/gods" and it can also be believed and held as true by faith....how then can one tell if it's not imaginative and If any is true....

If one can't tell(which is the case), then it's pretty much non-existent to you....so you'd act indifferent towards it.

An example is this....how do you know an invisible flying cow that doesn't manifest,isn't and hasn't been following you since you were born?

Can you prove/disprove that?....so you'd act indifferent, it's as good as not existing....even if people believe in it in the multitudes....you still wouldn't be able to discern if it's true....that's why faith is employed to make people believe.

Actually it is.....you need energy for metabolic processeses and for that you consume food....that food is then required to be broken down into glucose....the sugar molecule required for powering your bodies metabolic activities(aerobic in this case)

A lot of chemistry is needed for you to breathe..

No it isn't, besides the fact that your statement merely tags your "god" as the only sole reason without any justification and it(this statement) can be applied by any theist to justify any belief....

It's basically saying....you breathe therefore "allah,god,sango,twin goddesses" did it...

I never implied I was more intelligent than anybody....and I don't need your prayers.(although I note you're merely concerned for my wellbeing in respect to your religion)

All those points are agnostic atheism in a nutshell.
one trailer of your favourite drink for you. But would you be willing to embrace any form of spiritism/esoteric religion if proof of efficacy is provided? Just asking
Re: A Question For Well-rooted Christians by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
Just in case any Christian whats to be rooted, contact me. I have framaroot.apk

(1) (Reply)

Is God Man-made? Did Man Create The Idea Of God? / Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/05/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.