Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) (29895 Views)

Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? / Chioma Nkechi Daniel Missing: Have You Seen Her? / URGENT - Please Have You Seen These Missing Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by danielmichael(m): 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
Saheed9:
i'm very sure the elephant is feeling uncomfortable. If dem like make dem use Lion join.
I'm for Change
sai buhari
Change in what?

Idiot
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Honestly speaking you are intelligent. I never thought of that
God's blessings friend.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by snowland(m): 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
DesChyko:

You have reasoned well. But you reasoned from one direction. Speed alone.
1. The elephant is more expensive than a dog, in this case, a German Shepherd.
2. The elephant is tougher than the dog and has a longer life span.
3. The elephant has a greater social bonding and highly viviparous compared to a dog.
4. Their strengths are incomparable. Both physical and senses, the elephant surpasses the dog. No need to talk about this angle at all.
5. Have you heard of the saying 'An elephant never forgets'? Their brain matter are miles apart.

Put the two in the wild (Nigerian hostile zones) and see who lasts the mile.
Bring it on!grin

My guy, you do well with your points and I totally agree with all of them but one. Number 3. Social Bonding. It is not by mistake dogs are called Man's best friends. Ofcourse, there are many angles through which we can view this comparison. If we are to go by size, endurance and strength, elephant takes it but speed, social integration and smartness, we gat give it to dog. Elephants belong to the jungle while dogs are landlords on their own among people.

Nigeria is not a jungle my brother... grin grin
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by DesChyko: 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
franciskaine:
Lol, that awkward moment when a party campaigns with a wild animal unlike the APC that campaigns with a dog a friend of man(domestic animal). The simple message discernible from the PDP's elephant is - vote us and be crushed for the next 4yrs.

Welcome to Nairaland, where you will be led aright.
Talking about companionship, sorry to burst your bubble, but an elephant understands devotion and committment better than a dog does.
An elephant mourns a dead friend, shows grief and even pay homage whenever it comes across the remains of a dead companion (any creature at all).
Just because they are very few doesn't mean they can never be domesticated. Rather, they resist attempts to separate them from their lifelong companions (be it elephant, humans or even dogs (see Tara and Bella). They also protect their immediate family and friends from harm at all costs.
Generally, they are peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by philo3(m): 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
hmm... So nw na elephant and dogs ko vote baaaa[color=#006600]
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by missionmex(m): 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
manoman5:
check the ocean if any dey,,,,,....
bring them come land then wrap APC logo for them body. Check how many seconds them go last. wink
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Dafan(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
PDP on point

Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
DesChyko:

Welcome to Nairaland, where you will be led aright.
Talking about companionship, sorry to burst your bubble, but an elephant understands devotion and committment better than a dog does.
An elephant mourns a dead friend, shows grief and even pay homage whenever it comes across the remains of a dead companion (any creature at all).
do you really know the animal called DOG? first it's a reversal spellings of the word GOD. dat explanation is for another day. Secondly, a dog recognizes the smell of a friend for even upto 2yrs of distance from such person. Thirdly, a dog fights and attacks the enemy of its friend, if you think am lying, try attack a person who has a dog close-by. Fourthly, a dog has feelings for its owner or friend, a dog can cry when it sees its owner crying. I can tell tell you that most people have dogs as their best friends. Make ur research friend. #Sai Buhari!
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by simdam500(m): 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
It will be the most hilarious thing if suddenly the cloth on the elephant; what was printed on it is APC. Or the cloth was manipulated to APC... grin
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by DesChyko: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
snowland:

My guy, you do well with your points and I totally agree with all of them but one. Number 3. Social Bonding. It is not by mistake dogs are called Man's best friends. Ofcourse, there are many angles through which we can view this comparison. If we are to go by size, endurance and strength, elephant takes it but speed, social integration and smartness, we gat give it to dog. Elephants belong to the jungle while dogs are landlords on their own among people.

Nigeria is not a jungle my brother... grin grin

Dogs are man's best friend because they are readily available, unlike elephants. The fact that there are tamed elephants prove that they are friendly. But in a lifespan of 50 years or more, an elephant can only produce a maximum of 6 offsprings.. But a dog?? Like 100 offsprings. Unfair basis for comparison if you ask me.
Besides, you should read up the story of Tarra (the elephant) and Bella (the dog), a real life scenario. The creatures are in no way ordinary hostile. The dog also, never had its place amongst humans. It grows accostumed to the life it is shown.

Last week, Bella was believed to have been attacked by coyotes and died, leaving Tarra to mourn the loss of her best friend.

Bella and Tarra played and ate together, and often had sleepovers in a barn, according to the Leavenworth Times.

Sanctuary caretakers believe Tarra found Bella's body after the attack and carried her to the spot they often spent time together.

"The idea that she couldn't leave that body and brought it back home is just heartbreaking, but so inspiring," Robert Atikinson, CEO of the Elephant Sanctuary, told Nashville's WKRN News 2.

Once, when Bella suffered a severe spinal cord injury, Tarra patiently waited for her friend's recovery. CBS detailed the moments in a 2010 story:

For three weeks the elephant held vigil: 2,700 acres to roam free, and Tarra just stood in the corner, beside a gate, right outside that sanctuary office...

Then one day, sanctuary co-founder Scott Blais carried Bella onto the balcony so she and Tarra could at least see each other.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by chrisviral(m): 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
snowland:
This clearly shows PDP lacks creativity...If because APC campaigns with dog and PDP thinks for them to compete with APC, they should campaign with Elephant, it clearly shows lack of PDP's understanding of the dexterity and agility of these two animals. Comparing Dog with Elephant is like comparing power bike with Molue. Ofcourse Molue has the robustness but it lacks the speed of power bike.

Is this no longer a race for the Presidential Election? Abeg make them put the two animals for track make we see which one of them go win. When the chips are down, na then dem go know how far. No be by how big, na by how smart. Dogs are way smarter than elephants.

SMH for PDP. Dem for kuku use SHEPOPOTEMUS na.

Like I always say, they are bunch of silly jokers.

It depends on how and what you choose to interpret. I think a dog is a molue. Go figure!
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
If dem like make dem campaign ŵǏƫĥ LION..
Dem go still forfeit d election
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Orikinla(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
[size=28pt]The elephant was the logo of the defunct Nigeria Airways.
CORRUPTION MADE THE AIRLINE TO COLLAPSE.[/size] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by focus7: 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
If pdp turns to elephant all that APC needs to turn is bees that will just swamp into the elephant nostrils and the elephant will fall.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by bakila: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2015
franciskaine:
Lol, that awkward moment when a party campaigns with a wild animal unlike the APC that campaigns with a dog a friend of man(domestic animal). The simple message discernible from the PDP's elephant is - vote us and be crushed for the next 4yrs.
No the Dogs symbolize security and watch over man and his property. A source of warning in cases of possible danger. Both a sentinel and actual protector against thieves and intruders into serene spaces.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
bakila:

No the Dogs symbolize security and watch over man and his property. A source of warning in cases of possible danger. Both a sentinel and actual protector against thieves and intruders into serene spaces.
are you contradicting or complementing my stance? ain't arguing ur points though.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by patfem(m): 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
Using animal 2 campaign,is it really neseccry?
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by blacq2009(m): 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
manoman5:
This is getting more Interesting!!!!

To all our Commenters calling us APC Loaded 

Pdp will sure be unseated. I saw how an umbrella defeated an elephant in ghana. (crying in general Fallon's voice: of jack the giant Slayer).
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Cityguy: 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
Big, strong and reliable- PDP. wink
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by bakila: 2:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
franciskaine:
are you contradicting or complementing my stance? ain't arguing ur points though.
Using the broom or the umbrella is symbolic. The animal brought to your venue have symbolic meanings also.
Dog protects Elephant destroys.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by DesChyko: 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
franciskaine:
do you really know the animal called DOG? first it's a reversal spellings of the word GOD. dat explanation is for another day.
Surely I know dogs. I have two GSDs. Besides, Live on reversal spells Evil. Lived on reversal spells Devil. I don't see anything to it.
Secondly, a dog recognizes the smell of a friend for even upto 2yrs of distance from such person.
While an elephant 'never' forgets a companion, even in death. It recognizes the bones years after decomposition and almost refuses to part with the dead body.
Thirdly, a dog fights and attacks the enemy of its friend, if you think am lying, try attack a person who has a dog close-by.
This I know. You should also ask why it is near impossible to go near an elephant. It is because everyone looks out for the other.
Fourthly, a dog has feelings for its owner or friend, a dog can cry when it sees its owner crying. I can tell tell you that most people have dogs as their best friends.
An elephant does even much more. Grieve, show anger, love, compassion and even elaborate celebrations. I once watched elephants jubilating over the birth of a young to their herd. 'Jubilating', I said.

You should spend more time on Nat Geo Wild. You'ld learn much.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by DesChyko: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
bakila:

Dog protects Elephant destroys.

Destroys what? Just because you aren't conversant with them doesn't mean they are hostile.
Listen to the language of the Indians as regards elephants.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
DesChyko:

Surely I know dogs. I have two GSDs. Besides, Live on reversal spells Evil. Lived on reversal spells Devil. I don't see anything to it.

While an elephant 'never' forgets a companion, even in death. It recognizes the bones years after decomposition and almost refuses to part with the dead body.

This I know. You should also ask why it is near impossible to go near an elephant. It is because everyone looks out for the other.

An elephant does even much more. Grieve, show anger, love, compassion and even elaborate celebrations. I once watched elephants jubilating over the birth of a young to their herd. 'Jubilating', I said.

You should spend more time on Nat Geo Wild. You'ld learn much.
March 28 will solve the puzzle.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by FEROH: 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
this political thing is a game and somebody must win. Only one person will be on that sit at a time and not two of them. Why not sit down and watch if you don't have anything better to do then cast your vote for whom ever you want and stop throwing unguided words at each other. If I were you who is a political freak that compaigns online, I'll only comment good things why I want to vote for the person I want and stop throwing words against the other that doesn't show no maturity.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Mbediogu(m): 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
manoman5:

Both parties are animalistic rather than humane. Nigeria will still be in trouble after the elections. God save His people.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Mbediogu(m): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
manoman5:

Both parties are animalistic rather than humane. One is positioning to trample us while the other is getting ready to devour all of us. Nigeria will still be in trouble after the elections but God pass all of them. God saves His people.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Wow!...APC campaigned with dog, while PDP is campaigning with Elephant; That's how the elephant will trample the dog(apc) on election day. **in Buhari's voice**... And za dog and baboon will soak in vlood
....lol....lmfao

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by DesChyko: 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
franciskaine:
March 28 will solve the puzzle.

I'm talking animals.
Don't care about the polithiefcians.today undecided
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Melahou(m): 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
Which animal do you think will win the election
Text ELEPHANT to 33833 or text DOG to 33832
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by folaberinjo: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
hismerhill:
We sha"ll see Gmb we trust
hmmm. Well the dog terrifies me.
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by darejem4real: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
snowland:
This clearly shows PDP lacks creativity...If because APC campaigns with dog and PDP thinks for them to compete with APC, they should campaign with Elephant, it clearly shows lack of PDP's understanding of the dexterity and agility of these two animals. Comparing Dog with Elephant is like comparing power bike with Molue. Ofcourse Molue has the robustness but it lacks the speed of power bike.

Is this no longer a race for the Presidential Election? Abeg make them put the two animals for track make we see which one of them go win. When the chips are down, na then dem go know how far. No be by how big, na by how smart. Dogs are way smarter than elephants.

SMH for PDP. Dem for kuku use SHEPOPOTEMUS na.

Like I always say, they are bunch of silly jokers.

Have you seen an elephant run before? Try and watch them run before coming back to comment again. And by the way, elephants are equally smart, just that they are too big to be kept as pets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. / Photos Of The Python Nigerian Soldiers Killed Today / 10 Most Precious Gemstones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.