Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:04 AM

Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet (3060 Views)

[get]avast Secureline Vpn(2 Years Licence For Free) / Is My ISP Able To Keep A Track Of My Internet Activities While I Use A VPN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
I cannot connect to the internet after uninstalling my Avast premier. I even tried uninstalling it using Avast uninstall utility in Windows 8 Safe Mode, still had the same problem.Only way for me to get the internet to work is to restore the system to before I uninstalled Avast

When I clicked on Device Manager under Network, I saw three yellow exclamation marks on WAN miniport Network Adapter

I discovered I wasn't the only one affected but Google did not reveal any simple fixes

Please help,my window is 8.1
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 8:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
azizurrehman:

May be your drivers for network are missing..... Try out Driverpack Solution, DriverEasy, Driver Genius, Driver Navigator ETC

Thank you...The problem is from Avast, I just need how I can uninstall avast and clear all its traces...Some people also complained about this and I have also tried some of the solutions suggested but it's still not working..

Here are some of the links I found online :
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1050440-internet-connection-lost-when-avast.html
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=91512.0
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=235370

Please help
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by geezyk(m): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2015
Just disable web shield on avast and u're good to go...
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
geezyk:
Just disable web shield on avast and u're good to go...
Not working bro...still same problem

Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by geezyk(m): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
beejay247:

Not working bro...still same problem
IN ur avast app, goto settings-active protection there u will be able to disable the web shield...
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
geezyk:
IN ur avast app, goto settings-active protection there u will be able to disable the web shield...

I did that bro..still same problem
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by dact4u(m): 5:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
Bro e happen to me last week end o but am using window 7 utimate shaa even hotsport,cable,moderm dey show no internet access me senior man wan cry i just manage to uninstall the avast premier and reboot the system to check my network status to God be the glory my system head come back to e senses but later i install the avast again..Praise thy lord
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
dact4u:
Bro e happen to me last week end o but am using window 7 utimate shaa even hotsport,cable,moderm dey show no internet access me senior man wan cry i just manage to uninstall the avast premier and reboot the system to check my network status to God be the glory my system head come back to e senses but later i install the avast again..Praise thy lord

Lol... I just tire sef... I even switch to the free version and it was same thing...
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by femi4: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
beejay247:

Lol... I just tire sef... I even switch to the free version and it was same thing...
Guy, Uninstall avast in safe mode using "avast uninstaller" then re install your drivers and stop blaming avast for your predicament
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
femi4:
Guy, re install your drivers and stop blaming avast for your predicament

You can't tell me not to blame avast because I see no reason why an application should be this hard to uninstall, they even have to create an avast uninstall utility because they know it's not easy to uninstall.

I actually decided to not renew my one year subscription because I hate been hold to ransom...lol....Some users are actually having this kind of problem too,you can check the links I posted

Okay...I tried to update the drivers but it's saying it's up to date...I don't know if I should uninstall the the drivers with the three yellow exclamation marks and reinstall it back, I don't know if this is a good idea and I need someone who have been through this before...

Thank you
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by femi4: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
beejay247:

You can't tell me not to blame avast because I see no reason why an application should be this hard to uninstall, they even have to create an avast uninstall utility because they know it's not easy to uninstall.

I actually decided to not renew my one year subscription because I hate been hold to ransom...lol....Some users are actually having this kind of problem too,you can check the links I posted

Okay...I tried to update the drivers but it's saying it's up to date...I don't know if I should uninstall the the drivers with the three yellow exclamation marks and reinstall it back, I don't know if this is a good idea and I need someone who have been through this before...

Thank you

Its not up to date. I use avast too and it doesn't affect the system drivers. You have to repair the OS using repair disc
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
femi4:
Its not up to date. I use avast too and it doesn't affect the system drivers. You have to repair the OS using repair disc
Thanks for your time bro

Right now the system is working perfectly just that my antivirus has expired....The problem always start whenever I uninstall it and for me to get back online ,I will have to do a system restore...

Are you also using Avast premier and have you ever tried to uninstall it?
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by femi4: 6:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
beejay247:

Thanks for your time bro

Right now the system is working perfectly just that my antivirus has expired....The problem always start whenever I uninstall it and for me to get back online ,I will have to do a system restore...

Are you also using Avast premier and have you ever tried to uninstall it?

I ve never used the free version. Its always been AIS/Avast premier which I ve installed and uninstalled on different PCs
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
femi4:
I ve never used the free version. Its always been AIS/Avast premier which I ve installed and uninstalled on different PCs

Okay bro,I don't know why it's misbehaving here..please can you help me go through this links

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1050440-internet-connection-lost-when-avast.html
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by femi4: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
beejay247:

Okay bro,I don't know why it's misbehaving here..please can you help me go through this links

Go to device manager;
Device manager – Remove all ‘Avast!’ virtual devices with a right click ‘Uninstall’
Restart your PC

Now, open ‘Network and sharing center-> Change Adapter settings-> Wifi Connection -> properties’. In the "This connection uses the following items"list

There was one more avast! filter device there. Select and uninstall that too and restart your PC again.

Sefini
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
femi4:
Go to device manager;
Device manager – Remove all ‘Avast!’ virtual devices with a right click ‘Uninstall’
Restart your PC

Now, open ‘Network and sharing center-> Change Adapter settings-> Wifi Connection -> properties’. In the "This connection uses the following items"list

There was one more avast! filter device there. Select and uninstall that too and restart your PC again.

Sefini

Thank you bro, but I can't find those avast devices

Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by femi4: 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
beejay247:

Thank you bro, but I can't find those avast devices
Uninstall all your network cards from (Control panel->System->Device manager)
Restart your computer.
Let windows attempt to install your network card for you.

Also, do this:

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box and press Enter.
2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

3. Right click RunOnce and select Export to make a backup.
4. In the right plane, delete the value referenced to rundll32.
5. Quit Registry Editor.

Then, restart the computer to test the issue
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by beejay247: 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
femi4:
Uninstall all your network cards from (Control panel->System->Device manager)
Restart your computer.
Let windows attempt to install your network card for you.

Also, do this:

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box and press Enter.
2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

3. Right click RunOnce and select Export to make a backup.
4. In the right plane, delete the value referenced to rundll32.
5. Quit Registry Editor.

Then, restart the computer to test the issue

Thank you bro, I will do this, but if I make a mistake uninstalling a driver, will system restore be able to fix this?
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by Edygrin(m): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2015
Avast premier is trash. Why not get Avast internet Security 2015, its easy to use and very good too
Re: Pls Help..Avast Kills My Internet by jamshadhashmi: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2015

(1) (Reply)

America Visa Lottery Dv-2013 / Coolest Way To Hack A Wifi Password! / Do Not Buy A Laptop Without Reading This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.