Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One (1327 Views)

Would You Return A Problematic Adopted Child? / is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
For those who have both is d love really the same. The love I have for my kids I can't imagine having such measure for other kids even nephews and nieces, yet I love them too.
So when a couple adopts and then later have theirs, are they capable of showing equal love?.If so, I respect them.
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
its allowed
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
It's more easier when there is no biological child after the adoption but seems we have not fully come to term with this issue in Africa even as some family members may see that child as not a full member/being part of the family.
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by slimyem: 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
Some parents even love their biological children differently not to mention an adopted child. You can't deduct the human factor.

I do believe it is possible though to love an adopted child as you would your biological but I also believe the important thing is LOVING the child at all .
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
So I'm not mean by saying I find it difficult to love both the same way. Good to know.
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by zed7: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Its almost impossible.
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by ireneidiva(f): 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
It is very possible. Children are children. Families are not always biological.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by Dyt(f): 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
Only when u see them as ur own

Are the adopted ones not born of a woman?
God bless my soul

To me every child deserves same love
From experience, love my nieces n nephews and I even get the mummy 1 title
kiss
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by zed7: 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
From what the op is saying, can you love equally not can u love at all.

Dyt:
Only when u see them as ur own
Are the adopted ones not born of a woman?
God bless my soul
To me every child deserves same love
From experience, love my nieces n nephews and I even get the mummy 1 title
kiss
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by Dyt(f): 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
zed7:
From what the op is saying, can you love equally not can u love at all.

Am sure it explains it all
Very well
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
Eeerrrmmmm,, I don't think it's possible. You'll love the child, yes! but not like you'll love your biological child. There's this thing attached to knowing "this child is the fruit of my loins".

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by aderonila18: 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
For me, absolutely. The minute a child becomes mine either through adoption or birth he/she is mine. I would love the child just as much, Infact the only thing I'll have to watch is that I don't over compensate for the struggles the adopted child may have had earlier by over pampering the child as opposed to my biological ones.
Re: Is It Possible To Love An Adopted Child Like A Biological One by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
Yes.
I have seen a situation where a gal I usually refer to as the first born of one couple is actually a house help.
So if one can treat a house help like her child, how much more ur adopted child.

And yes,some house helps are treated like biological children.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do In This Situation? / Do You Have Any Friend You Can Die For? / Infant Formula And HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.