Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's (2885 Views)

Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by KnowAll(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2009
Give Ceaser what is Ceaser's and God what is God's

Religious Gurus in the house I salutue una oh, I want you to throw more light on the above quotation, what is the moral, religious and modern day implication of this quotation. How relevant does it apply to us today, what is the essence of the statement? Is there more to this statement than meet the eyes. What is our lord saying here, does it mean if we do not give to ceaser example Tax evasion does that mean we will go to hell.
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by AKO1(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2009
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by KnowAll(m): 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2009
Are you implying that when our lord Jesus christ made this quotation he was refrering to tighting, I think this quotation has a more deeper interpretation than thiting.
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Image123(m): 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2009
@KnowAll
permit me to ask you.Have you given to God what is God's?do you know what belongs to God that you have?if you know that,your question is almost answered
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by KnowAll(m): 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2009
This one of the wisest sayings of our lord Jesus in the bible, and I have prayed to the lord, and he has given me an insight into the complexity of these quoteation. In fact tighting only represents 3% of what the true meaning of this great quotation means. I shall share it with everybody here. praise the lord.
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Image123(m): 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2009
are you talking to me?
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Ben13: 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2009
He is talking to us
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2009
Ok us.
who is us?
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Ben13: 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2009
all of us
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Image123(m): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2009
All of us ke?who are we and where is he?
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Ify3: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2009
To my little view, give Ceaser what is Ceaser, is be loyal to the rightful obligations of the society: pay your tax, respect the government, go to work on time and work normally, etc, etc.

While give to What God what belongs to God, is to be submissive to the tenets of Christianity: go to Church on time, pay your accurate tithe, respect the church council, always say and stand by the truth, etc, etc.

More views.
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by PastorAIO: 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2009
Image123:

All of us ke?who are we and where is he?
Ben20001:

all of us
Image123:

Ok us.
who is us?
Ben20001:

He is talking to us

The name is Legion for ye are many
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Image123(m): 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2009
@Pastor AIO
are you ye?
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by PastorAIO: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2009
Image123:

@Pastor AIO
are you ye?

lol

I wasn't sure how you'd take that. I glad you took it in good spirit.
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by anonimi: 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2009
I-fy:

While give to What God what belongs to God, is to be submissive to the tenets of Christianity: go to Church on time, pay your accurate tithe, respect the church council, always say and stand by the truth, etc, etc.

More views.

You may wish to reflect on your equating church with God.
You may want to re-read Jesus' conversation with the Samaritan woman in John 4 leading to his declaration of worshiping God in spirit & in truth.
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Image123(m): 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2009
@Pastor AIO
ah why,we're having fun na,don't mind me jo.

@anonimi
its difficult to seperate the church from God, seeing the church is the bride of Christ.I-fy mentioned tenets of christianity,mentioned etc etc,mentioned more views.did you see that?there's no need for you to quarrel with the church or anyone for that matter.Follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see God.Hebrews12.
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by anonimi: 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2009
Image123:

@anonimi
its difficult to seperate the church from God, seeing the church is the bride of Christ.I-fy mentioned tenets of christianity,mentioned etc etc,mentioned more views.did you see that?there's no need for you to quarrel with the church or anyone for that matter.Follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see God.Hebrews12.

my dear,

i do not know why you find it difficult to understand my very straightforward replies.
i only asked that the writer
reflect on your equating church with God
i went further to direct the writer not just Biblical basis but the actual conversation of Christ on the subject.
but what do you do
- change equating to difficulty in separating shocked
is this difficulty scripture based? if so direct me to such verses and i will check and get back to you as/if necessary.
Re: Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's by Lady2(f): 4:46am On Jan 22, 2009
@ Poster

There seems to be many interpretations of that verse. So I'm just going to add this thought to it.

Jesus asks whose image it is on the coin and they said it was ceasar's, therefore that coin belongs to ceasar, that's the whole paying taxes. He then goes on to say give unto ceasar what belongs to ceasar and unto God what belongs to God. If the image on the coin is ceasar's then and that coin belongs to ceasar, what or where is the image of God?

Man, human, give unto God what belongs to God, we are made in his image, give urself to God.

Just wanted to throw that in there.

(1) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Got The Champagne That Costs N250 Million / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture, Part 6, (fasting) / Why Are YOU An Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.