Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? (1312 Views)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Russian Archpriest Says The Future Belongs To Muslim Russians! Photo / Give Ceaser What Is Ceaser's And God What Is God's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by eyenCalabar(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
I was just thinking then I decided to throw it open. As a Christian, we have nothing to do with things that are not in harmony with God's word especially some forms of sacrifices. But for instance you are face with a challenge that you have to make some sacrifices to your village god maybe a goat or dog or white fowl or all these so that you may not be troubled by their wrath. What would you do? Would you give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser? Would you just walk away and do what you wanted doing? Would you plead someone or a brother to do it for you so that it wouldn't look like you are the one doing this directly? What would you just do? let sample our views on this as Christians so that others can learn from us how best some issues can be handled.
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by idowuh98(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Point of correction_The Ceaser, Jesus was talking about is not any god but the head of government then, Just like Jonathan.
Ceaser was never a god

1 Like

Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by Joagbaje(m): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
eyenCalabar: I was just thinking then I decided to throw it open. As a Christian, we have nothing to do with things that are not in harmony with God's word especially some forms of sacrifices. But for instance you are face with a challenge that you have to make some sacrifices to your village god maybe a goat or dog or white fowl or all these so that you may not be troubled by their wrath. What would you do? Would you give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser?

Either you do it directly or indirectly , you are bound by it, because wherever if offered , are offered to demons and they will come for their pound of flesh .

1Corinthians 10:20
But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

1 Like

Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by Image123(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
that's no Caesar, Caesar is dead.
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by seyibrown(f): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
eyenCalabar: I was just thinking then I decided to throw it open. As a Christian, we have nothing to do with things that are not in harmony with God's word especially some forms of sacrifices. But for instance you are face with a challenge that you have to make some sacrifices to your village god maybe a goat or dog or white fowl or all these so that you may not be troubled by their wrath. What would you do? Would you give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser? Would you just walk away and do what you wanted doing? Would you plead someone or a brother to do it for you so that it wouldn't look like you are the one doing this directly? What would you just do? let sample our views on this as Christians so that others can learn from us how best some issues can be handled.

Who is Ceaser?
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by okeyxyz(m): 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
Caeser is not your village gods but the civil/secular governments.
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by eyenCalabar(m): 9:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
idowuh98: Point of correction_The Ceaser, Jesus was talking about is not any god but the head of government then, Just like Jonathan.
Ceaser was never a god

Am sorry bro. Thanks for the correction. But u have not answer my question. More response pls.

1 Like

Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by okeyxyz(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
eyenCalabar:

Am sorry bro. Thanks for the correction. But u have not answer my question. More response pls.

The question is no longer valid on the premise of "give to Caesaer what belongs to caeser". You either choose between God and the god's of your village. shikena!!
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by eyenCalabar(m): 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Image123: that's no Caesar, Caesar is dead.

okeyxyz: Caeser is not your village gods but the civil/secular governments.

seyibrown:

Who is Ceaser?

Really sorry pls. That's why am here ofcourse -to learn
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by eyenCalabar(m): 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

Either you do it directly or indirectly , you are bound by it, because wherever if offered , are offered to demons and they will come for their pound of flesh .

1Corinthians 10:20
But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

Don't really understand that bolded part pls. But how exactly can a Christian approach this kind of circumstances?
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by Image123(m): 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
eyenCalabar:

Really sorry pls. That's why am here ofcourse -to learn
learn quickly then, Caesar is dead.
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by eyenCalabar(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
Image123:
learn quickly then, Caesar is dead.

Yes sir, but answer my question.
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by Image123(m): 7:46am On Nov 06, 2012
eyenCalabar:

Yes sir, but answer my question.
what is your question?
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by eyenCalabar(m): 10:21am On Nov 06, 2012
Image123:
what is your question?

I was just thinking then I decided to throw it open. As a Christian, we have nothing to do with things that are not in harmony with God's word especially some forms of sacrifices. But for instance you are face with a challenge that you have to make some sacrifices to your village god maybe a goat or dog or white fowl or all these so that you may not be troubled by their wrath. What would you do? Would you just walk away and do what you wanted doing? Would you plead someone or a brother to do it for you so that it wouldn't look like you are the one doing this directly? What would you just do?
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by obalola7: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2012
eyenCalabar: I was just thinking then I decided to throw it open. As a Christian, we have nothing to do with things that are not in harmony with God's word especially some forms of sacrifices. But for instance you are face with a challenge that you have to make some sacrifices to your village god maybe a goat or dog or white fowl or all these so that you may not be troubled by their wrath. What would you do? Would you give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser? Would you just walk away and do what you wanted doing? Would you plead someone or a brother to do it for you so that it wouldn't look like you are the one doing this directly? What would you just do? let sample our views on this as Christians so that others can learn from us how best some issues can be handled.

I think your question has been answered. In the time of Jesus Caesar Augustus is the head of roman empire"Augustus was the founder of the Roman Empire and its first Emperor, ruling from 27 BC until his death in 14 AD" died after the death of Jesus was like the head of Nigeria government e.g Jonathan or any Government of King who has legitimate power to prosecute, sentence, and punish anyone within his jurisdiction of authority. Since Rome was the seat of power then, every one around the world submit to his power and pay homage every year. So its like the highest authority at that time.

Part of the law of ceaser then was paying "omoge" tax - Mathew 22:15-22 "15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.
16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.
17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way."

Concerning your question, you will see that serving other gods is not caesar rather its adulatory" The summary of giving what belong to caesar to caesar means obeying a governmental rule or law as a result of punishment if you fail to obey. For instance if you are not suppose to work on sunday as the bible enjoined us and the government says, everyone must work and you have no other option than to work, not when you have the option to look for another job, then it will be considered that you are giving caesar what belongs to caesar.
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by Image123(m): 11:49am On Nov 06, 2012
eyenC
The sacrifice is not in harmony with God's Word, don't do it. Have some faith in the God you serve, He will take care of you. leave the gods to be angry, they'll just be angry for nothing. They can't touch you.
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by ecoleco: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ur question has really been answered. U don't have to be a part of the sacrifce. What partnership has darkness with light? Read II Cor. 6

You don't need to be afraid of what those gods might do to U. Perfect Love casts out all fear and He that is U is greater than he that is in the world....I John 4:4

Have faith and hold unto God. He is more than able to protect U. Be strong, be bold, be loud. Give the devil no place and he will flee from U.

Peace
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by eyenCalabar(m): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
ecoleco: Ur question has really been answered. U don't have to be a part of the sacrifce. What partnership has darkness with light? Read II Cor. 6

You don't need to be afraid of what those gods might do to U. Perfect Love casts out all fear and He that is U is greater than he that is in the world....I John 4:4

Have faith and hold unto God. He is more than able to protect U. Be strong, be bold, be loud. Give the devil no place and he will flee from U.

Peace

What then can we say about the account in 2 Kings chapter 3? I thought the solution should go more that this or what do u guys think?
Re: Should We Give Ceaser What Belongs To Ceaser? by eyenCalabar(m): 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
ecoleco: Ur question has really been answered. U don't have to be a part of the sacrifce. What partnership has darkness with light? Read II Cor. 6

Peace

What then can we say about the account in 2 Kings chapter 3? I thought the solution should go more than this or what do u guys think?

(1) (Reply)

..... / Watch Video Of How Prophet T.B. Joshua Predicted Boston Marathon Bombing / A Christian Organization Where I Stay One Week Talking To God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.