Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? (3547 Views)

Flying Cars 2017: Which Of These Flying Cars Would You Wish To Have? / Toyota Camry Muscle Vs. Honda Accord Evil Spirit / Muscle Cars Spotted... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Yehman(m): 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
While the Camaro behaves like a sports car, the Challenger pretends to be nothing else than a straight-line dragster, and when you toss a corner its way it can be a handful. Mustang on the other hand, has a strong legacy continues with an adrenaline-pumping power-train.
1. A whole year has passed since the Chevrolet Camaro got its new head- and taillights, but it’s not yet wearing grooves in the porch with its rocking chair. The 426-hp SS 1LE is more or less a ZL1 without the supercharger. Engine: pushrod 16-valve V-8
376 cu in (6162 cc). It pilfers a bunch of suspension parts, a strut-tower brace, close-ratio transmission with a cooler, and a high-pressure fuel system from the ZL1. With Recaros lifted from the Z/28, a boisterous dual-mode exhaust, and a few other extras, the Camaro tallies at $46,880.
2. It’s nowhere near as thorough a rework, but the 2015 Dodge Challenger greets the redesigned Mustang with some cosmetic surgery of its own, including a new nose and rear fascia. Dodge continues to vigorously plunder its past with the new R/T Scat Pack, which takes its name from a 1968-71 Dodge marketing program and takes its engine from the modern-day SRT. Engine: pushrod 16-valve V-8 391 cu in (6410 cc). The 6.4-liter’s output creeps up to 485 horsepower and 475 pound-feet of torque, embarrassing the outputs of the Mustang and Camaro. The Scat Pack also upgrades the brakes and includes the Challenger’s new Super Track Pak, which lowers the suspension a half-inch and fits Bilstein shocks and larger anti-roll bars. Challenger tallies around $43,490.
3. The new sixth-generation Mustang finally an independent rear suspension, a mainstream-Mustang first and the equivalent of Detroit hosting the Olympics. That’s matched by a redesigned front suspension supported by a lighter, stiffer subframe. Engine: DOHC 32-valve V-8 302 cu in (4951 cc). Nestled in that subframe, the 5.0-liter V-8 straps on a new intake manifold, heads, and valvetrain, raising output from last year’s 420 horsepower and 390 pound-feet to 435 and 400, respectively. The car’s basic profile is familiar, but at anything closer than field-artillery range, the stretched proportions and tauter skin are unmistakable.
Pricing for the V-8 GT starts at $35, 925, but with a list of options that includes the Performance package’s suspension up­grades and adaptive cruise control, ours climbed to a somewhat Germanic $50,885.

Having given a brief specification of the these three muscle cars, which would u buy if u have the money?

1. Chevrolet Camaro

2. Dodge challenger

3. Ford mustang

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Riogeese(m): 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
Chevrolet of course
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by agohmamuda(m): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
am a big fan of Mustang But Dodge challenger is d best on dat list. check their specs online if u want.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by nurey(m): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
Why put a picture of an old mustang there, me love the ford mustang BOSS 302.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
The Dodge Challenger is a perfect definition of a Muscle especially with lime/neon green decal dual stripes.

Mehnnn, I'll get me 1 soon.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 24, 2015
Yehman:
Which of these three muscle cars would u buy if u have the money?

1. Chevrolet Camaro

2. Ford Mustang

3. Dodge Challenger

I question your automotive acumen.
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by dechandel(f): 12:27am On Mar 24, 2015
Op why not put up a picture of the 2015 Ford Mustang??
The Dodger beat them all in specs but I don't dig the 1971 inspired design, not so chic lipsrsealed

The Chevy Camaro anyday for me cool
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by tahoe(m): 12:34am On Mar 24, 2015
Ford shelby should be on that list
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 24, 2015
dechandel:
Op why not put up a picture of the 2015 Ford Mustang??
The Dodger beat them all in specs but I don't dig the 1971 inspired design, not so chic lipsrsealed
The Chevy Camaro anyday for me cool

[size=15pt]It amazes me when a girl knows about cars like this...grin [/size]
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 24, 2015
[size=15pt]I like the Mustang. Haven't seen a lot around here. [/size]
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by sultaan(m): 3:12am On Mar 24, 2015
The Mustang has always been the best performer of the lot and the Challenger has been the slowest. But on the tracks right now a Z28 Camaro will beat them all not sure of the quarter mile but until all the trims of the new Mustang comes out its race on
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Yehman(m): 6:02am On Mar 24, 2015
CityNG:

I question your automotive acumen.
What is this one saying?
Anyway, I think u are poorly equipped to understand the simple grammar. Oga, I am talking about "muscle car" and not cars generally. U can still keep the names of the cars u know which I'm quite aware that u cannot even withstand an hour car talk with me. Thank u!
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Yehman(m): 6:04am On Mar 24, 2015
tahoe:
Ford shelby should be on that list

Ford Shelby and mustang are almost the same shape naa
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by jaybee3(m): 6:06am On Mar 24, 2015
Dodge Challenger for me. Saw 2 beautiful ones closeup at baylors lounge in lekki the other week
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 24, 2015
sultaan:
The Mustang has always been the best performer of the lot and the Challenger has been the slowest. But on the tracks right now a Z28 Camaro will beat them all not sure of the quarter mile but until all the trims of the new Mustang comes out its race on

Let's forget the horses and torque the
Challenger packs, the Camaro will kill it. Why?
1. Close ratio gear- that is why beemer always kills the merc even with the merc's muscle car V8 engines.
2. The high fuel pressure system- pumping more fuel than necessary.
3. No s/c meaning always within its powerband. So no loss of power due to S/c spools when building revs .

But then, the legendary Mustang. Wicked allround performer!

Let's take them to Tokyo, pair them with a Japanese sports car and race them in the city around corners and hair-pins to see which will keep up the pace of those short straights and acute angled corners.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by missdebs(f): 8:56am On Mar 24, 2015
pls what is a muscle car....to those dah wanto yab me, i only want to learn
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 24, 2015
missdebs:

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high-performance automobiles.[1] The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines muscle cars as "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving."A large V8 engine is fitted in a 2-door, rear wheel drive, family-style mid-size or full-size car designed for four or more passengers. Sold at an affordable price, muscle cars are intended for street use and occasional drag racing. They are distinct from two-seat sports cars and expensive 2+2 GTs intended for high-speed touring and road racing.

Source: wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 24, 2015
[size=15pt]Is anyone excited about furious 7 coming out? I saw the preview and I can't wait. grin [/size]
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2015
Yehman:

What is this one saying?
Anyway, I think u are poorly equipped to understand the simple grammar. Oga, I am talking about "muscle car" and not cars generally. U can still keep the names of the cars u know which I'm quite aware that u cannot even withstand an hour car talk with me. Thank u!

This one is saying that your automotive acumen is dubious if you're going to start comparing modern cars on the same platform as 1960s technology.

And Squid, be careful who you try to call out on cars as some of actually live in the real world as opposed to PS3 wink

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Inception(m): 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
CityNG:

This one is saying that your automotive acumen is dubious if you're going to start comparing modern cars on the same platform as 1960s technology.

And [b]Squid, be careful who you try to call out on cars as some of actually live in the real world as opposed to PS3 [/b]wink

WICKED! grin grin
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Readonee35L(m): 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
chipmunkey:

[size=15pt]It amazes me when a girl knows about cars like this...grin [/size]
Because she can identify the model and their names
If thats what she knows then she knows nothing about cars
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Aeman(m): 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
Mehn criously no matter d whole talk I. Will still go. 4 d mustang.
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Yehman(m): 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
CityNG:

And Squid, be careful who you try to call out on cars as some of actually live in the real world as opposed to PS3 wink
A revisit to the topic will eventually prove u wrong. why not wait for the op to finish posting b4 u criticize?
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
Yehman:

A revisit to the topic will eventually prove u wrong. why not wait for the op to finish posting b4 u criticize?

No need to revisit, my opinion and critique stands.

You're free to disagree.

Good day.
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Yehman(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
CityNG:

No need to revisit, my opinion and critique stands.

You're free to disagree.

Good day.
Lol! Good day dear. How are u?
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by nurey(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
I have seen this three cars up close and personal, as for the challenger with its SRT engine and all, I don't fancy it, it looks like a full size vehicle very robust and more hefty out of the three but that doesn't mean its a slow poke.

The camaro is the most beautifully designed out of the three and it was and still a legend especially the SS tagged variants also if you have watched transformer the part where bumble bee turned into a yellow camaro in the tunnel even a nun will fall inlove with the owner.

But the mustang, it may not be the fasted, the best but even when you are been interviewed for a job and you hear a FORD MUSTANG is about to pass, you just have to take excuse to go admire it. Also follow one at the back and while the brake lights come on, it keeps reminding you a MUSTANG is ahead.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
Yehman:

Lol! Good day dear. How are u?

Doing very well, I thank god. It's s beautiful day in sunny SoCal.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
Readonee35L:

Because she can identify the model and their names
If thats what she knows then she knows nothing about cars

[size=15pt]Some don't even know that much so she deserves some credit for that.

Just imagine a girl talk about an incident and you're trying to get hints from the car type and model and she knows nothing. A lot of Nigerian ladies are like that. They can only recognize a few common cars...Get my point?
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by sanchezzz: 6:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
Judging from the above pictures... chevrolet Camaro for me...
Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by sultaan(m): 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
chipmunkey:

[size=15pt]Some don't even know that much so she deserves some credit for that.

Just imagine a girl talk about an incident and you're trying to get hints from the car type and model and she knows nothing. A lot of Nigerian ladies are like that. They can only recognize a few common cars...Get my point?
[/size]

That is why we came up with EOD, baby boy,and Voltron to make it easier for them

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by chucky234(m): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2015
missdebs:
Muscle car na car wey dey chop iron for gym to gather 6packs to oppress other cars for road, hope you get the gist. Forget all the grammar wey Lomomike dey blow for up there ooo, na the real definition I give you so.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Three Muscle Cars Would U Go For? by clemz85(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
they have the same nature but gimme challenger

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SRS Light On Honda Accord 2000 Ex-(a.k.a-baby Boy) / PLs How Good Is Nissan Altima 2003 / RAV4 2002 And RX300 2000 Which Is De Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.