Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... (1226 Views)

Unless We Achieve 30% Local Content, We Won’t Have Nigeria-made Vehicles — VON M / Release Nnamdi Kalu Or Our Businesses Would Die -SEAMATA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by EroticDesigner: 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
Nl shall not live by banners alone!

Seun, MODS, it is worth considering.

A sponsored thread.
Advertisers can create threads and it can be placed at the front pages of each section.

Various advertisers can bid for that spot alone, meaning more profit.

There is no way Nl can sustain itself for long on just banner ads alone.

Let us not forget that adblock is alive and well.
I would hate to see Nl go down because of lack of revenue.

Preminum memberships can be created for users who donot wish to see sponspored threads.

So many ideas,Seun.
Take the leap.
Nairaland is not a plaything.
#NLisnotaplaything

6 Likes

Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by SuperSuave(m): 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
EroticDesigner:
Nl shall not live by banners alone!

Seun, MODS, it is worth considering.

A sponsored thread.
Advertisers can create threads and it can be placed at the front pages of each section.

Various advertisers can bid for that spot alone, meaning more profit.

There is no way Nl can sustain itself for long on just banner ads alone.

Let us not forget that adblock is alive and well.
I would hate to see Nl go down because of lack of revenue.

Preminum memberships can be created for users who donot wish to see sponspored threads.

So many ideas,Seun.
Take the leap.
Nairaland is not a plaything.
Did you know that nairaland was created in 2006 and this is 2015. Relate it with the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by gboyetade: 4:47am On Mar 24, 2015
eroticdesigner spoke well

1 Like

Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by OCTAVO: 10:41am On Mar 24, 2015
Nairaland is bigger than you think! Google search Nairaland's ranking and see for yourself. Although I agree with you on the part of the sponsored thread, but a lot of people here make their Nairaland thread the landing page of their ad banner. Won't make much difference.

1 Like

Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by EroticDesigner: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
SuperSuave:

Did you know that nairaland was created in 2006 and this is 2015. Relate it with the bolded.

Most new business have survived on banner ads for about say seven years?

What happens when NL grows bigger and bigger and more Nigerians begin to use adblock?

What about banner blindness?
How would Nl thrive on banner ads in fifty years?

or twenty?

Wake up bro.
Really, wake up.
Nl is a forum, yes.
But first and foremost, it is a business.
And it should be treated as such
Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by EroticDesigner: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
OCTAVO:
Nairaland is bigger than you think! Google search Nairaland's ranking and see for yourself. Although I agree with you on the part of the sponsored thread, but a lot of people here make their Nairaland thread the landing page of their ad banner. Won't make much difference.

There is a difference my brother.

Those threads would be targeted and interactive. A place to gain more customers for the advertisers.

A bidding war for limited advertorial posts would be where NL makes its most profit.

As big as Google is, 98% of ALL its revenues come from advertising.
Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by EroticDesigner: 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
To all the nay-sayers

Do you really believe that NL can thrive on banner ads alone?

How naive.

A forum as big as Nairaland deserves much more than that.

It has given people jobs, given gurus lifelong customers.People have found their spouses here.

For some people, myself included, NL has changed their lives.

The information I found here was NOWHERE else.

I would hate to see it go down.

It is our responsibility to ensure NL profitability.

After all would there be Wikipedia without a donor? or Wikileaks or TED?

Nl is no charity organization. It is high time it starts behaving like one.

Baba Seun, if Nl is for charity, say so, then the mods can declare this thread closed!

#NLisnotaplaything
Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by Seun(m): 6:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for your suggestions sir.

1 Like

Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by SuperSuave(m): 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
EroticDesigner:

Most new business have survived on banner ads for about say seven years?

What happens when NL grows bigger and bigger and more Nigerians begin to use adblock?

What about banner blindness?
How would Nl thrive on banner ads in fifty years?

or twenty?

Wake up bro.
Really, wake up.
Nl is a forum, yes.
But first and foremost, it is a business.
And it should be treated as such
you sha want make seun employ you by force...you too wan chop nairaland money. May god help your course.

2 Likes

Re: At This Rate, Nairaland Would Die, Unless... by EroticDesigner: 1:47am On Mar 25, 2015
I am not sure I understand you.
Or perhaps you understand me not?

Thanks to nairaland, I have passive incomes that can and will support me for the rest of my life.

I never have to work again.

@SuperSuave, I do not need neither do I want NL's money.

I have my own.

I am simply trying to give back to this community for helping me achieve what I thought only to be a dream.

It may be a hero complex, yes.
But one good deed deserves another.

@Seun,
Thank you for your comment. May NL keep thriving!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Export Pineapple To Italy, Others / Exportation Of Agro Products / Do You Need An American Fence Wire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.