Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Issue With Your Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issue With Your Car? (492 Views)

10 Major Mistakes You're Making When Changing Your Car Oil / Issue With My Toyota Camry / HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Issue With Your Car? by engrsegun: 8:32am On Mar 24, 2015
Good Morning,

Rolling Resistance

Speaking of resistance, your vehicle’s tires play a huge role in how easy your car cruises down the highway. All tires generate a certain amount of rolling resistance—or the amount of effort it takes to roll across the driving surface. While most people tend to think of their tires as perfectly round, the truth is where the rubber contacts the road is actually a flat spot the size of your hand. The weight of the vehicle pressing down on the tire generates these contact patches, and while a larger contact patch usually equates better handling and control, it can also negatively affect your fuel economy.

Tire manufacturers are increasingly looking at how best to reduce rolling resistance while still offering plenty of grip. Altering tread patterns and rubber compounds have helped to produce tires that require less work to get rolling, and car manufacturers are taking advantage of the technology.

Please Broadcast the tips to help others!

Read more:
www.casrepair.
Whatsapp:08139503656
Bb:7974390C
Care line:07064451975,08071568283
Enjoy your ride!

(1) (Reply)

Help! Nissan Altima 2001 / Sump Guard Needed Urgently / Why Black Are Not Always Reach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.