Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About (1913 Views)

Inventors Who Were Killed By Their Own Inventions / Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions / 7 inventors killed by their Inventions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by christopher123(m): 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Did you know Israel has the world’s most productive cows? Or that it’s responsible for the epilator?

Daniella Reyhanian chooses 10 Israeli inventions you should be aware of.

1) Israel developed the PillCam – the first pill that can be swallowed to record images of the digestive tract. The capsule is the size and the same shape as a pill, and contains a tiny camera. This invention is used very widely and was an extremely significant development in the field of medicine.

The USB flash drive, also developed by Israel
The USB flash drive, also developed by Israel

2) Israel was the country to develop the USB flash drive. Used by nearly everyone I know, it surely is one of the most useful modern inventions. It allows you to store all your files in a compact way, making it easier to access and work away from your computer.

3) Waze was invented by Israel. This GPS- based travel app gives you turn- by- turn information and up to date traffic statistics. It is now in use in over 100 countries, making it a hugely popular app for motorists.

Israel invented the epilator system of hair removal
Israel invented the epilator system of hair removal

4) Israeli inventions in the consumer goods market continue to thrive, as seen by the invention of the epilator. The first one, Epilady, was originally manufactured by a Kibbutz in Israel in 1986, and has since sold more than 30 million units.

5) In 2008, Israeli company EWA developed the technology to produce drinking water out of thin air. A condenser absorbs the air’s humidity, holds it in silica based gel granules, then condenses it into water. Better still, 85% of energy used is pumped back into the system. Yoffy toffee!

6) Ok, not strictly an invention but an amazing use of technology. Israel really is ‘the land of milk and honey’ thanks to its ‘super cows’, which produce far milk than other countries. Israeli cows produce up to 10.5 tons a year – 10% more than North American cows and almost 50% more than Germany’s cows! A combination of air conditioning, constant monitoring and pedometers to tell when the animals are getting fidgety helps to keep the milk flowing, according to Bloomberg.

7) Israel invented modern drip irrigation in the early 1960s. Drip irrigation allows you to save water and fertiliser by allowing water to drip slowly to the roots of plants through a network of plastic pipes, which is highly useful in areas where water is scarce.

Bowl_of_cherry_tomatoes_(7761211916)
One of Israel’s yummiest inventions- the cherry tomato!

cool Israel has even made its mark on salads! Two Hebrew University professors worked with a genetics company to develop the beloved cherry tomato. Modifying a regular tomato into one that ripened slowly and stayed fresh in transportation, the Israelis created a tastier and sweeter fruit that is a favourite of many.

9) Israel developed the BabySense device, which helps prevents cot deaths by monitoring a baby’s breathing and movements through the mattress while they sleep. An auditory and visual alarm is activated if any irregularities occur during their sleep, which has helped parents prevent the horrors of cot death worldwide.

Viber's logo, an App that allows you to connect freely with people around the world
Viber, an app that allows you to call people around the world for free.

10) Lastly, and one of my favourite inventions by Israel is Viber. Available for download on any smart phone, the app allows you to make calls across the world for free, using Wifi. Its high speed connection and ability to keep in contact with anyone anywhere truly makes it one of Israel’s best inventions.

”...If statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of stardust lost in the blaze of the Milky way. properly, the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contributions to the world’s list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvelous fight in this world, in all the ages; and had done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it.
The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed; and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other people have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished. The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?” - Mark Twain
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by Basildvalour(m): 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
Await my inventions soon

It will be a device that'll shock the world

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by Namady(m): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
I was here
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
You forget the Iron Dome.

Even US bowed down.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by IAmTobore(m): 4:53am On Mar 29, 2015
Basildvalour:
Await my inventions soon

It will be a device that'll shock the world
Hope say no be nuclear bomb?
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by stan4guy6(m): 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
I want to develope a UAV who will help me
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by bizcouch: 10:46am On May 01, 2015
stan4guy6:
what is UAV
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by andico34: 1:54pm On May 01, 2015
King james asked his court how he know about the end of times, his senior adviser told him to look and observe the jews...that the jews are GOD s time piece while Jerusalem is HIS second hand!
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by stan4guy6(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2015
bizcouch:
what is UAV
it is a remote piloted aircraft
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 01, 2015
bizcouch:
what is UAV
unmanned aerial vehicle.
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by denisa15: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
Actually, Epilady developed the first epilator and I believe that it was manufactured in Israel and released there first. Anyway, I'm sure glad that someone decided to create one and that other companies took this device and created even better ones.
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by osamz007: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2020
House, I just lost some of my important pictures any way to get them back? I mistakenly deleted the folder.
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:10am On Mar 21, 2020
Jewish Atheists are really doing well
Now,can you tell us the top 10 Biafra inventions under Chukwu alabiabia?
I don't mean "reverse engineering" o...fake goods.
Re: Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About by Blakjewelry(m): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
stan4guy6:
help as in what term?

(1) (Reply)

Finally Nigerian Defence Academy Result/shortlist For 67th Regular Course Is Out / TECNO Pouvoir 3 Price And Specifications – Everything You Need To Know / Nothing Cannot Be Nothing Because In Nothing There Is Something -science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.