Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Garba: Iheanacho Not Guaranteed A Spot - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Garba: Iheanacho Not Guaranteed A Spot (875 Views)

Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / Kelechi Iheanacho Not Leaving Manchester City In January / Why Iheanacho Not Rashford Rules The City Of Manchester – Bleacher Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba: Iheanacho Not Guaranteed A Spot by joxxy01(m): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flying Eagles coach, Manu Garba, has told
SL10.ng that it will be tough for Manchester
City's Kelechi Iheanacho to break into the
current squad ahead of the FIFA U20 World
Cup in New Zealand.
Manu, who was present with his team at a
reception organized in their honour by the
Director General of the National Sports
Commission, says since the start of the
present U20, it has been difficult for
Iheanacho to break into the team and says
it will be more difficult before the World
Cup.
“Kelechi Iheanacho is a player that we need
and I have said this several times but he is
not guaranteed of a shirt here. He has to
work as hard as the other players and it be
very difficult.
“When we started this team; during the
qualifiers, it was difficult for him to break
into the team and he was always coming
from the bench.
“And this time it will be very difficult
because we shall be preparing for the
World Cup and he must have to fight to
deserve a place here,” Manu told sl10.ng.
The 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup winning
coach also adds that the likes of Isaac
Success and Wilfred Ndidi will also have
tough times breaking into the team.
“Not only Kelechi, even Isaac Success and
Wilfred Ndidi. They shall all fight for places,”
he added.

www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/nigeria-1/manu-garba-says-kelechi-iheanacho-and-isaac-success-must-work-harder-to-make-his-world-cup-team/204931
Re: Garba: Iheanacho Not Guaranteed A Spot by Icon4s(m): 8:15am On Mar 25, 2015
I was thinking about this too. So where will Garba Manu fix in players like:

Wilfred Ndidi
Kelechi Iheanacho
Musa Yahaya
Chidiebere Nwakali
Isaac Succes (Likely to replace Awoniyi)
Simon Moses

I love the competitiveness in this team.

Iheanacho Benefitted from Bernard Bulbwa's failing of MRI just before the U17 WC. Bernard Bulbwa is back in the team and again kept Iheanacho out of the starting line up for the qualifiers for AYC. Iheanacho might make the squad but might nt make the usual starting line up.

Musa Yahaya was dropped from the AYC due to injury sustained days to the kick-off. He is likely to return to the team, however the coach needs to chose between him and the highly talented Ifeanyi Mathew for the starting 11. (Me think he is more creative, more skilful and more adventurous than Ifeanyi Mathew)

Chidiebre Nwakali was great at the U17. But since after joining ManCity it has been one injury or the other. Coming back to the Flying Eagles he would have to fight for a place with players like Obinna Nwobodo and Ibrahim Alhasan who were virtually flawless.

Taiwo Awoniyi has so much benefitted from the long absence of Isaac Succes from the Team. We know Isaac Success as the arrow head in the attack of that Team. Since after Awoniyi replaced the injured Success in that U17 Group game against Sweden, it has been Awoniyi all the way. Granada FC has not helped matters as they have held on to Success and not releasing him for any of the Flying Eagles games. Taiwo is good no doubt but Isaac Success is better. If he would be available for the WYC and he is in good enough form I see him replacing Awoniyi as the Center Forward.

Simon Moses; Most people don't even know he was part of this team at the U17 level. It does happen in football that fringe players make more progress over the years than the previous regulars. He is the only member of the last U17 team that is playing full professional football presently. He also is the first of that class to be invited to the Super Eagles who are currently in camp preparing for the friendlies against Uganda and South Africa. He is currently nicknamed "the Nigerian Ronaldo". An exceptionally talented winger that plays and scores like Ronaldo. No doubt, he will add so much pace and power upfront if included in the Flying Eagles squad to the WYC. But can he break into the starting 11? And if he is including in the starting 11 who drops to the bench?
Re: Garba: Iheanacho Not Guaranteed A Spot by joxxy01(m): 8:30am On Mar 25, 2015
Icon4s:
I was thinking about this too. So where will Garba Manu fix in players like:

Wilfred Ndidi
Kelechi Iheanacho
Musa Yahaya
Chidiebere Nwakali
Isaac Succes (Likely to replace Awoniyi)
Simon Moses

I love the competitiveness in this team.

Iheanacho Benefitted from Bernard Bulbwa's failing of MRI just before the U17 WC. Bernard Bulbwa is back in the team and again kept Iheanacho out of the starting line up for the qualifiers for AYC. Iheanacho might make the squad but might nt make the usual starting line up.

Musa Yahaya was dropped from the AYC due to injury sustained days to the kick-off. He is likely to return to the team, however the coach needs to chose between him and the highly talented Ifeanyi Mathew for the starting 11. (Me think he is more creative, more skilful and more adventurous than Ifeanyi Mathew)

Chidiebre Nwakali was great at the U17. But since after joining ManCity it has been one injury or the other. Coming back to the Flying Eagles he would have to fight for a place with players like Obinna Nwobodo and Ibrahim Alhasan who were virtually flawless.

Taiwo Awoniyi has so much benefitted from the long absence of Isaac Succes from the Team. We know Isaac Success as the arrow head in the attack of that Team. Since after Awoniyi replaced the injured Success in that U17 Group game against Sweden, it has been Awoniyi all the way. Granada FC has not helped matters as they have held on to Success and not releasing him for any of the Flying Eagles games. Taiwo is good no doubt but Isaac Success is better. If he would be available for the WYC and he is in good enough form I see him replacing Awoniyi as the Center Forward.

Simon Moses; Most people don't even know he was part of this team at the U17 level. It does happen in football that fringe players make more progress over the years than the previous regulars. He is the only member of the last U17 team that is playing full professional football presently. He also is the first of that class to be invited to the Super Eagles who are currently in camp preparing for the friendlies against Uganda and South Africa. He is currently nicknamed "the Nigerian Ronaldo". An exceptionally talented winger that plays and scores like Ronaldo. No doubt, he will add so much pace and power upfront if included in the Flying Eagles squad to the WYC. But can he break into the starting 11? And if he is including in the starting 11 who drops to the bench?
lolz big question if u aks me...Manu will suffer some huge selection headache. The talents at this level is just whaooo
Re: Garba: Iheanacho Not Guaranteed A Spot by 12large1: 10:05am On Mar 25, 2015
kelechi is a special player he would get in, I hope we monitor the barca kid ekpolo

(1) (Reply)

List Of Top 10 Worst WWE Stars / Cech's Letter To Chelsea's Fan Completely Ignored Mourinho / Surebet247 Sports & Recreation For This Premier Leagua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.