Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative (5915 Views)

"Every Business Is Struggling In Nigeria" - BBC / Onion Business Is Very Lucrative / What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 25, 2015
Fruit business in Nigeria should one of the lucrative business in Nigeria, out of curiosity I went to price the mangoes (pics below) at oil mill market here in Port Harcourt, I was told it's sold 3 for N200. I even priced N150 for three and was refused.

On my way home, I started thinking, if mangoes are sold for N50 each and land still goes for less than N80,000 per plot in my village. Why should I cry of unemployment.

A full grown tree can produce up to 500 fruit per year, if I have lets say just 20 trees, that will be 10000 fruits, multiplied by N50 will give N500,000 and what's the cost of production. I will just have to work for the first year, wait for it for another 4 years and bam.

I can even start a small garden relaxation point/ Sports viewing centre under the trees.

Self employed for life, just rinse and repeat.

Is this wishful thinking or somebody thinking like me?

Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 25, 2015
Have you even thought of Water Melon? Bro that fruit pays like blood money..

1 Like

Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by 40dogzz(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2015
u ar on track, i have been thinking of it too. friuts ar very cheap in the north, there is enough orenges in benue. This biz is the bomb, but u have to package it well to be different from other & attract market value.
Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by Pavore9: 8:18am On Mar 25, 2015
macandy21:
Fruit business in Nigeria should one of the lucrative business in Nigeria, out of curiosity I went to price the mangoes (pics below) at oil mill market here in Port Harcourt, I was told it's sold 3 for N200. I even priced N150 for three and was refused.

On my way home, I started thinking, if mangoes are sold for N50 each and land still goes for less than N80,000 per plot in my village. Why should I cry of unemployment.

A full grown tree can produce up to 500 fruit per year, if I have lets say just 20 trees, that will be 10000 fruits, multiplied by N50 will give N500,000 and what's the cost of production. I will just have to work for the first year, wait for it for another 4 years and bam.

I can even start a small garden relaxation point/ Sports viewing centre under the trees.

Self employed for life, just rinse and repeat.

Is this wishful thinking or somebody thinking like me?

Why should you wait for it for 4 years to produce? Go for early maturity variety.All those imported apples you are seeing in Nigeria markets are grown and harvested within one year!

1 Like

Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2015
Tydies:
Have you even thought of Water Melon? Bro that fruit pays like blood money..

Never thought of that, I think I should start looking more into Agriculture, these guys are hitting it like crazy.

Team repackaged agriculture
Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 25, 2015
40dogzz:
u ar on track, i have been thinking of it too. friuts ar very cheap in the north, there is enough orenges in benue. This biz is the bomb, but u have to package it well to be different from other & attract market value.

Am thinking of visiting the North after the elections, am really going into this, as for packaging, don't worry, when an IT guy goes into fruit business, you can order your fruits online and have it delivered in 2 hours.
Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by elari(m): 9:44am On Mar 25, 2015
Anyone that is game can hit me up. I rep Benue state, enough cheap yams, oranges, sesame seed, and mangoes. If u stay in port Harcourt or any other place where these things are expensive can come around, I take u to the market, do a good bargain, u pay a commission

1 Like

Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 25, 2015
Pavore9:

Why should you wait for it for 4 years to produce? Go for early maturity variety.All those imported apples you are seeing in Nigeria markets are grown and harvested within one year!

Never thought of that, thanks bro, I think I need to get back my Agric textbooks.

Green is the new currency
Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by uvalued(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2015
sure
Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by mrvitalis(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2015
See it us not all easy as u think. .. . I plan on going into pawpaw farming next year. ... But this goods are really perishable.. .. And u must have available buyer if not u stand a chance of losing a lot of ur goods or u will ha e no option than to sale at a loss
Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by boladale(f): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
and take note that 500,000 a year is less than 50k monthly. bottomline -u had better v something else doing. 80 trees more like it. and pls dont mt create a relaxation centre under it or u will v nothing to show for ur hardwork. u v to protect ur trees from prying hands too.

3 Likes

Re: I Think Fruit Business Is Very Lucrative by dayssolalee(m): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
You will be glad you did. Read this in-depth article on How to Start a Profitable Fruit and Vegetable Business in Nigeria

https://www.shoplifecommerce.com/how-to-start-a-profitable-fruit-and-vegetable-business-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Cbn Retains Lending Rate At 14% As Faac Shares N429bn / CBN Have Finally Extend Deadline For New Notes / I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.