Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint (5919 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Why Are There So Few Fast Food Joints And Malls In Nigeria? / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
Please house, I need your help in setting up a fast food joint. I have almost 'all' plans in place but I need your help in answering some questions.

1) is there a body saddled with registering my business like NAFDAC is to consumable products?
2) Do I have to register my business under an umbrella body?
3) Any idea on the capital base required to set it up? How far can about four hundred thousand naira go.
Any other useful tips will do. And if you have experience on this, kindly share. Thank you
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
Where is everybody? Please I am waiting.
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
Someone should please say something na! Stop viewing and passing
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by ngaz(f): 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ofcos there shuD be a regulating body.u also gat to register it with cac.get A shop,employ good cooks n try to find out wat d best eatery around u is doin,then try to beat them at it.400k is good enuf for a start,u will upgrade as income flows in.God bless
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by tpia5: 4:05am On Sep 08, 2013
no idea.
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
ngaz: Ofcos there shuD be a regulating body.u also gat to register it with cac.get A shop,employ good cooks n try to find out wat d best eatery around u is doin,then try to beat them at it.400k is good enuf for a start,u will upgrade as income flows in.God bless
Thanks a bunch. I almost gave up on this thread. Thanks for sharing
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2013
Anyone with other useful information should please share.
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by veave(f): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
yes, i also want to set up one too.
u'll need chairs, tables, fridge, deep frizer, utensils, burners, microwave, a place, your strategic market, coolers, etc...
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2013
H....
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by lynnder: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
beylinko: Please house, I need your help in setting up a fast food joint. I have almost 'all' plans in place but I need your help in answering some questions.

1) is there a body saddled with registering my business like NAFDAC is to consumable products?
2) Do I have to register my business under an umbrella body?
3) Any idea on the capital base required to set it up? How far can about four hundred thousand naira go.
Any other useful tips will do. And if you have experience on this, kindly share. Thank you
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by lynnder: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
What kind of resturant do u want to set up.Are you planning on opening a midscale restaurant (Buka), fast food restaurant (quick service restaurant) or a dinner restaurant (upscale)? The type you wish to operate will determine the type and quality of your menu, plate price, decoration, ambience and style of your restaurant. A Buka will have a simpler setting compared to an upscale restaurant which will offer a full course/menu with a formal dining area. U also need a business plan.

Drawing up a detailed business plan is vital to the success of any business and the restaurant business is no exception. This should include a proper description of your restaurant, menu, facility requirement (kitchen utensils, furniture, visual and sound equipment, napkins etc), legal requirement (CAC registration and approval by the health dept.capital (start – up and running costs) staffing, marketing plans, challenges and possible ways of tackling them,

For your restaurant business in Nigeria to flourish, you will have to be seen and tried. So you have to be strategically located to ensure easy accessibility. The business should be situated in a place that is frequented by people and has minimal competition.

A location close to a block of offices, market place, construction sites, government praspatals or a place around a tertiary institution is a good idea.

The environment of the restaurant must be keep clean at all times. Nobody loves eating and have dirt in view.

Make sure the eating area is spacious enough. That customers will not have to bump on each other or have to stand up for someone to take a seat.

Provide good comfortable furniture for your clients.

Sell your Product well

In this business, your key product is “food” so you will have to do everything in the book to make it your customers enjoy the experience. Here are a few tips:

Employ a good cook. For people to keep coming back to your restaurant, they will have to fall in love with your food. I have seen men who will skip meals at home just to be fighting over turns in one Buka close to their offices. That’s the power of a well prepared food. If you don’t cook very well, employ someone that does! Don’t take the risk of doing it yourself because nobody is going to pay money twice for an egusi soup that tastes like burnt beans oh. And first impression is a lasting impression!
Don’t ever compromise the quality of the food you sell to your customers. Make sure every single dish is served fresh, hot and its looks alone will make the mouth water. Don’t ever think that your customers cannot tell the difference between a “3 day” old soup and a “today” soup. Also make sure that your delicacies are served in clean Ceramic plates.
As the saying goes; variety is the spice of life, make sure you introduce new recipes from time to time.
Offer quick service.
Employ and properly train your waiters.
Be unique!if u have any questions send a mail to cheflyndau@ ymail.com. I wud gladly assist u in any area.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by lynnder: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Alternatively send a mail to cheflyndau@gmx.com
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 11:56am On Oct 20, 2013
lynnder: Alternatively send a mail to cheflyndau@gmx.com
you are the best. Thank You so much for your detailed reply. i will send you my mail as soon as possible if any other question arises.
I've gone to the CAC to register the business. what i have in mind is the upscale type. still on the business proposal thing and i am through with the first phase of the feasibility studies,what i saw is encouraging. Thanks again for this priceless information
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by docchuks(m): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2016
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by ultrazone(m): 12:01am On Jun 25, 2018
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
ultrazone:
Starting a fast food restaurant: http://www.practicalbusinessideas.com/fast-food-business/
wow, thank you for this info. so this thread still exist? internet surely never forgets.
I am 5. beautiful years now into this Business only by God's grace.
entrepreneur is a beautiful road to follow

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by jovial22(m): 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
beylinko:

wow, thank you for this info. so this thread still exist? internet surely never forgets.
I am 5. beautiful years now into this Business only by God's grace.
entrepreneur is a beautiful road to follow

Please can I av your number?
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by dadadoc: 12:46am On Dec 29, 2019
Waoh,That's good to hear,a big congrats to you..

Be kind to share your experience on this beautiful journey..

Wish you more bountiful years ahead.
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 5:16am On Dec 29, 2019
jovial22:

Please can I av your number?
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by beylinko(m): 5:23am On Dec 29, 2019
Hmmmmm... business business business...
I will definitely share the experience through this journey...
Though the journey wasn't so smooth but it was worth it.
Though I finally stopped the business January 2019 for now to pursue other things. in all, I have been blessed in all ramifications, experience wise, dealing with people,materially, financially. Just name it.
if you have any question just ask, I will try all I could to answer them.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by Olibboy: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2019
I will advice you to meet people that are into it. they will tell u d real truths.
Re: I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 12:46am On Jul 02, 2020
Sorry OP that my reply is coming 7 years later.

For anyone who wants more information about starting a fast food business in Nigeria, this thread will come in handy on fast food restaurant business plan in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Fire At Dangote Sugar Refinery May Affect National Supply / Vietnam Stopped Issuing Visas To West African Travellers Because Of Ebola / CBN Sells $195m To Boost Forex Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.