Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

American Visa At Last. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Visa At Last. (5457 Views)

Got My American Visa, At Last I Will See America... / I Was Denied Visa At French Embassy For This Reason.... / Kenya Visa At The POE For A Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Visa At Last. by kodyx(f): 6:29am On Mar 25, 2015
I applied for a us visa in abuja on Monday the 23rd of March 2015 for the 7 ; 30 am appointment.l got to the embassy at about 7;05,and the waiting started,finally we were called in for checks before going into the main interviewing hall for the tumb printing.Now the main actions starts, the first guy that went in was bombarded with questions,like have you travelled before,for which he replied in the affirmative,where do you work,a are you married,why do you want to travel to the US,so after the barrage of questions,the next thing we heard was sorry,you can't get a visa to the US,that was when everybody adjusted in their seats,hot sweat started breaking out in people's faces despite the air conditioners working well.The next person a man with his wife and kids,obviously the man was looking for a visa for just the wife and kids,but the on board woman did not give him a chance to talk,instead she ask him to allow the wife answer the questions and poor woman before she will answer one question,another was thrown at her at a point she became confused,finally their application was refused. That was when I knew I had no hope because I was carrying a virgin passport,I was praying that God will see me through,people were being rejected left right and centre,finally a man came in to join the three woman carrying out the interview and I resolve to go to the man for my interview.when it was getting to my turn and I calculated I would fall into the hands of jezebel in the last window,in got up and told the security that I was going to the toilet,when I came out the person next to me had gone to her and the next call was for the man I quickly moved to his windows, the usual questions followed,of which of course I answered no need to lie and the next thing I heard is come back for your visa,I thought it was a dream,in fact people sitting were shocked,eh with my virgin passport. Guys anybody going for US visa should always make sure they go for the 7:30 or 8:0 am appointment,and also one reason I prefer and uj a to Lagos is that if you think you don't like a particular person you can always make a move like is did,unlike what is obtainable in Lagos. So it does not matter if you have a virgin passport or not. I will pick up my passport tomorrow.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Visa At Last. by Nicklaus(m): 6:46am On Mar 25, 2015
kodyx:
I applied for a us visa in abuja on Monday the 23rd of March 2015 for the 7 ; 30 am appointment.l got to the embassy at about 7;05,and the waiting started,finally we were called in for checks before going into the main interviewing hall for the tumb printing.Now the main actions starts, the first guy that went in was bombarded with questions,like have you travelled before,for which he replied in the affirmative,where do you work,a are you married,why do you want to travel to the US,so after the barrage of questions,the next thing we heard was sorry,you can't get a visa to the US,that was when everybody adjusted in their seats,hot sweat started breaking out in people's faces despite the air conditioners working well.The next person a man with his wife and kids,obviously the man was looking for a visa for just the wife and kids,but the on board woman did not give him a chance to talk,instead she ask him to allow the wife answer the questions and poor woman before she will answer one question,another was thrown at her at a point she became confused,finally their application was refused. That was when I knew I had no hope because I was carrying a virgin passport,I was praying that God will see me through,people were being rejected left right and centre,finally a man came in to join the three woman carrying out the interview and I resolve to go to the man for my interview.when it was getting to my turn and I calculated I would fall into the hands of jezebel in the last window,in got up and told the security that I was going to the toilet,when I came out the person next to me had gone to her and the next call was for the man I quickly moved to his windows, the usual questions followed,of which of course I answered no need to lie and the next thing I heard is come back for your visa,I thought it was a dream,in fact people sitting were shocked,eh with my virgin passport. Guys anybody going for US visa should always make sure they go for the 7:30 or 8:0 am appointment,and also one reason I prefer and uj a to Lagos is that if you think you don't like a particular person you can always make a move like is did,unlike what is obtainable in Lagos. So it does not matter if you have a virgin passport or not. I will pick up my passport tomorrow.
lols you were just being lucky, it wasn't a question of 7:30 appointment or Abuja/lagos thing, I had a problem with my first appointment in lagos once and the woman(attache) gave me another month's grace by Pinning my passport for access, and getting there the following month I got my visa. Your documents must meet requirement that's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Visa At Last. by vjsmiles: 6:50am On Mar 25, 2015
my own procedure was tough when applying for visa to china...
a month of rigorous applications... mehn
Re: American Visa At Last. by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 25, 2015
kodyx:
I stay in abj bro........hw much money do i need to have in my pocket b4 applyin sir and hw do i qo abt it Tankz
Re: American Visa At Last. by kodyx(f): 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
Jezyfreezman:
I stay in abj bro........hw much money do i need to have in my pocket b4 applyin sir and hw do i qo abt it Tankz
It actually depends on the mood of the person carrying out the interview,most tine they wil want to know how much you earn per month,but for me I was not asked..But to be on the save side nothing less than a million wil do.
Re: American Visa At Last. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
kodyx:
It actually depends on the mood of the person carrying out the interview,most tine they wil want to know how much you earn per month,but for me I was not asked..But to be on the save side nothing less than a million wil do.
mehn million too many oooo
Re: American Visa At Last. by kodyx(f): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nicklaus:
lols you were just being lucky, it wasn't a question of 7:30 appointment or Abuja/lagos thing, I had a problem with my first appointment in lagos once and the woman(attache) gave me another month's grace by Pinning my passport for access, and getting there the following month I got my visa. Your documents must meet requirement that's all.
Like I said it depends on the person carrying out the interview,but in terms of procedures,I maintain abuja is far better.
Re: American Visa At Last. by Nicklaus(m): 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
kodyx:
Like I said it depends on the person carrying out the interview,but in terms of procedures,I maintain abuja is far better.
if that makes u happy, love.
Re: American Visa At Last. by edisoncash: 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
I have gone through this before,Though you are smart but the truth is that guy where sent by God to give you the Visa, period.
Re: American Visa At Last. by thegreengooner(m): 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
Guys...I've been interviewed successfully at both locations.. There is no difference. The only key thing is you being a suitable visitor to the US as well as your honesty in answering all questions.

Note that I said suitable visitor and not applicant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Visa At Last. by bebe2(f): 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2015
thegreengooner:
Guys...I've been interviewed successfully at both locations.. There is no difference. The only key thing is you being a suitable visitor to the US as well as your honesty in answering all questions.

Note that I said suitable visitor and not applicant.

@ bolded,

u sure say na visit dey make this guy happy like dis? grin

3 Likes

Re: American Visa At Last. by Moana(f): 9:55am On Mar 27, 2015
OP i was the interviewer and you need to pay me for the job i did for you
Re: American Visa At Last. by sthugo: 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
@ moana story story
Re: American Visa At Last. by xp17(m): 5:29am On Mar 28, 2015
bebe2:

@ bolded,

u sure say na visit dey make this guy happy like dis? grin
also remember that your fantasies re another man's steeping stone. In life, people LL always wish for what you see as common and what you see as a great accomplishment is what others see as common.

Rejoice with they that rejoice (somewhere in the bible)

@ op, I thought you were supposed to be served based on your entering number matching with the window that has same number, and not by whoever you choose to meet or sitting order

1 Like

Re: American Visa At Last. by zeusdgrt(m): 6:30am On Jun 19, 2015
Moana:
OP i was the interviewer and you need to pay me for the job i did for you
hmmmmmmm
Re: American Visa At Last. by Moana(f): 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2015
zeusdgrt:
hmmmmmmm
i no lie
Re: American Visa At Last. by zeusdgrt(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
Moana:
i no lie
I nor say u lie,I only say u nor talk truth...lol
Re: American Visa At Last. by xp17(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2015
kodyx:
i think otherwise. If you met up to the visa requirements, the VO has no right to deny you. If you met the requirements, even if you are not eloquent or able to articulate the questions with boldness or make few mistakes, you will still get your visa.
If you Like wear very expensive suit with briefcase but no proper documents presented, the guy wearing short and T-shirt with proper documentation will get his visa and you being denied.
FYI, before the actual interview, they've already gone through your file to see if you meet up to the requirement or not. The interview is just to show you are not a robot. Sometimes they tell you to come back again, probably because some paperwork is missing, but they won't deny you, that's because you meet up to the requirement.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Visa At Last. by justwise(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2015
xp17:
i think otherwise. If you met up to the visa requirement, the VO has no right to deny you . If you met the requirement, even if you are not eloquent or able to articulate the questions with boldness or make few mistakes, you will still get your visa.
If you Like wear very expensive suit with briefcase but no proper documents presented, the guy wearing short and T-shirt with proper documentation will get his visa and you being denied.
FYI, before the actual interview, they've already gone through your file to see if you meet up to the requirement or not. The interview is just to show you are not a robot. Sometimes they tell you to come back again, probably because some paperwork is missing, but they won't deny you, that's because you meet up to the requirement.

That is not true, nobody is entitled to be issued a visa even if you 'met' all requirements. Visa is a privilege and not a right

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Visa At Last. by Originalsly: 11:43am On Dec 02, 2015
Meeting the requirements is a must. We should always remember...at an interview the VO is looking for truth. That's why with the family... the VO chose to interview the wife... and why they generally ask rapid questions....if is the truth you would have an immediate answer... don't have to think or fumble. If you do... they already think you be making up stuff and most likely would deny you visa. @Op....how much time on the visa?....and do you plan on just dropping everything and rushing off to Yankee?
Re: American Visa At Last. by worry359(m): 11:57am On Dec 02, 2015
xp17:
i think otherwise. If you met up to the visa requirement, the VO has no right to deny you. If you met the requirement, even if you are not eloquent or able to articulate the questions with boldness or make few mistakes, you will still get your visa.

Not only is that statement false.
Even with a valid visa the entry control officer at the yankey airport can still refuse you entry if they are not satisfied that you are genuine.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Visa For Nigerian Living In Europe: Any Idea Pls? / Traveling To Canada & U.s Made Easy. / Any Hope In Nigeria Or Just Move To Canada? (Finally moved to UK)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.