Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

The Banana Experiment - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Banana Experiment (28413 Views)

You Are Better Than The Banana: See O. If God(pic) / Actor, NONSO DIOBI Moves In With Gay Lover Into Banana Island Mansion / My Social Experiment On Nairaland using a fake female account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Banana Experiment by Pluskid(m): 10:57am On Apr 22, 2015
timpaker:
Nice lesson bro.
I guess the whole thing was built on 'mentality'
it is built on mentality my friend
Re: The Banana Experiment by slimbless(f): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2015
I read a story where a man asked his wife why she normally cut d head and tail region of a fish before frying. She replied and said it's a taboo in my place, cos my mother fry fish d same way I do mine, d husband went to d mother and ask her y she does dat, she answered and said my mother does it d same way. D husband den went to d grandma, the grandma replied;oh, I use to have a very small frying pan that I had to cut d head and tail of d fish away before frying . But d daughter never bothered to ask and it went down dat way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Banana Experiment by technophile(m): 11:29am On Apr 22, 2015
Billyonaire:
That's like Christianity; People believe in Virgin birth because all others believed too. No questions, no answers.
Careful about what you say bro. or should I say you should speak for yourself, the bible say you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. I do not believe in Jesus Christ because other people do, I believe in him because I wanted to.
Re: The Banana Experiment by technophile(m): 11:36am On Apr 22, 2015
Billyonaire:
What of Ascension? Human bodies are designed for earthly survival, and soul for ether, but resurrection story told us Jesus resurrected and ascended into the sky WITH HIS HUMAN BODY. Hmmm...there is no oxygen up there, did he use oxygen mast to survive before heading to heaven with the body ? It's another Monkey and Banana story. There was a Jesus, Yes, and there was a crucifixion, but what I find scientifically and rationally impossible to believe are Jesus Entry into Earth (Virgin Birth) and Exit from Earth (Ascension in physical body); One fool can believe, but the point is to understand. I do not understand those are possible. Make me.
If you believe that there was Jesus, then you should know that miracle exist!
Re: The Banana Experiment by TonySpike: 11:42am On Apr 22, 2015
This is a practical example of social conditioning...
Re: The Banana Experiment by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
technophile:

Careful about what you say bro. or should I say you should speak for yourself, the bible say you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. I do not believe in Jesus Christ because other people do, I believe in him because I wanted to.
That's what I am talking about. The Banana-Monkeys Paradox. There is always a reason to remain stupid.

1 Like

Re: The Banana Experiment by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
technophile:

If you believe that there was Jesus, then you should know that miracle exist!
Miracle ? Not magic ? If there is a Jesus, then is also, a common-sense approach to truth.
Re: The Banana Experiment by BlackOnassis(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
follow follow mentality is so bad among Nigerians.
Re: The Banana Experiment by internetpirate: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
This explains a lot!
Re: The Banana Experiment by obisiv(m): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
@Billyonaire, I like reasoning with rational minds like yours. Having said that, consider this: For a long time, scientists believed that the miracles in the bible prove the bible is only a book of folktales and poems and not to be taken seriously. They later discovered the "Moses effect." (Water is weakly diamagnetic) That scientific discovery 'proved' that the miracle of Moses parting the Red sea was possible and some scientists have begun to see the bible in a different light. An unusually strong electromagnetic FORCE from the Creator could easily have caused the parting of the Red Sea. Jehovah God never breaks his own laws of science. A miracle is not a violation of science or nature. It is just the application of science that is as yet unknown to us. Humans know very little when it comes to science and the universe. We just keep learning every day.

Take Jesus resurrection as another example. A good number of people believe his resurrection is an impossibility, just as you believe his virgin birth is an impossibility. But think of what happens when you plant a seed of corn. It 'dies' buried in the ground and rots away. In the right soil and environmental conditions, it becomes a stalk of corn bearing many seeds of corn. You may say that is not an example of resurrection but you have to agree it is an awesome process.

Imagine trying to explain to a man from 1100 AD that it is possible to speak to someone thousands of miles away and get a reply in a fraction of a second. The man from 1100 AD will tell you that is impossible or it can only be done by powerful magic. It would be very difficult to convince him that what you described is possible.

You are in the shoes of that man from 1100AD. No offense meant.
Re: The Banana Experiment by internetpirate: 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Makes sense!

quote author=Kelly32 post=32979689]This perfectly explains the cultural conditioning, the stereotypes, the tribal, religious, ethnic, and political racism, the born to rule mentality, the white man superiority ideology, the current xenophobic idea that prevails in our society today even when most of the perpetrators have died and gone.[/quote]
Re: The Banana Experiment by internetpirate: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
You're right!

quote author=Kelly32 post=32979689]This perfectly explains the cultural conditioning, the stereotypes, the tribal, religious, ethnic, and political racism, the born to rule mentality, the white man superiority ideology, the current xenophobic idea that prevails in our society today even when most of the perpetrators have died and gone.[/quote]
Re: The Banana Experiment by obisiv(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
2+1=3 but there are probably a million other ways to arrive at three, some of which you would find amazing and a rather confusing. The Creator knows it all. His application of that "strange" knowledge is what some call a miracle.
Re: The Banana Experiment by ideykwum: 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
! I just used it to explain the hatred of Igbos! Even unborn Igbos are hated for just being Igbos! And that's a major disservice! Even apologists like Berem and Obiagelli would be discriminated against in the final analysis...not because they are bad or did something wrong, but in the final analysis all the generality of the public would see is their "Igboness" not their attempts to sound impartial or be neutral! It's a sad commentary on Nigeria.

Why as an Okrika man I was bothered about the anecdotes and homilies about PEJ is because I know how people revise history and before you know it, every Okrika man and woman would be tarred with the same brush! 50 years down the line, some won't even know why they associate Okrikans with bad English, but would thump their chests and argue on Internet forums to justify untenable positions, spurred by the Fani-Kayodes and Obas of the moment
Re: The Banana Experiment by ideykwum: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
You're right! I just used it to explain the hatred of Igbos! Even unborn Igbos are hated for just being Igbos! And that's a major disservice! Even apologists like Berem and Obiagelli would be discriminated against in the final analysis...not because they are bad or did something wrong, but in the final analysis all the generality of the public would see is their "Igboness" not their attempts to sound impartial or be neutral! It's a sad commentary on Nigeria.

Why as an Okrika man I was bothered about the anecdotes and homilies about PEJ is because I know how people revise history and before you know it, every Okrika man and woman would be tarred with the same brush! 50 years down the line, some won't even know why they associate Okrikans with bad English, but would thump their chests and argue on Internet forums to justify untenable positions, spurred by the Fani-Kayodes and Obas of the moment!
Re: The Banana Experiment by 2scorehigh(m): 11:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Billyonaire:
That's like Christianity; People believe in Virgin birth because all others believed too. No questions, no answers.

Not only Christianity. All religions, in fact.

Don't entertain any logic. Accept it by faith. Do what others are doing and you will be safe.

And then, another minion is born.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Must Never Do In Public / TV Stand - Wow! Check Out How To Choose A Functional And Stylish Furniture / 10 Myths About Introverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.