Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 (22075 Views)

South African Court Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years For Human Trafficking [pics] / Court Sentences Two Policemen To Death For Apo 6 Killings / Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by kay1one2(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2015
While our politicians escape with billions! #bodegeorge!
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by clemz88(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2015
This is too harsh. I don't support this trash
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by haibe(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2015
ThoniaSlim:
As much as I want to be empathetic, I can't be!

Anyone who's been a victim of robbery would tell you how traumatic it can be! Yes you are unemployed, should turning to crime be the answer?

There are a lot of people who aren't employed but are finding other honest means of making ends meet.

death is too harsh na
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Dyt(f): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2015
Maybe them don use am replace one rich man pikin
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by sokotoburundi(m): 10:56am On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by GEJmustGO(f): 10:56am On Mar 25, 2015
Naija jounalist and misinformation
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Truckpusher(m): 10:56am On Mar 25, 2015
mperoakeem:
too harsh... Still wondering What will be the punishment of our own 'stealing is not corruption' thieves... Death by burning? No.. Na the same discharge and acquitted. God help us to get tinz right
They are in a different periphery and they make the rules ,it will take strong institutions and not strong politicians that we have now to hang those people because they make the rules and can decide to break it at will especially in a country where the constitution has a lot of loopholes .
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by meforyou1(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2015
Tinubu nko?
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by veraiyke(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2015
The court is mad n I mean it. You haven't sentenced d politicians found guilty to death u havnt sentenced all d much more alarming n serious offence wit a death penalty na dat case dem dey gv death sentence. He murdered no one. He stole wich is bth morally wrong n legally purnishable bt d judgement is grossly wrong
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Piloeternity(m): 10:58am On Mar 25, 2015
sauceny:

BUSTED!!! cheesycheesy U don buy all the front plot ba
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by EmekaBlue(m): 10:58am On Mar 25, 2015
how na....bad judgement
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by hotgunz(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2015
Which court passed such judgement, tot dere s No death penalty again in nigeria law for stealin?
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Misogynist2014(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2015
Good move.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by gbengaoa(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2015
Imagine, the judge must be angry that's why he sent him to death by hanging. he must be wondering why he wasted his time at the court. he should have stolen like N100000000. i tell you he will be bailed, coming to court from home and the case will be adjourned till God knows when.

Naija, i hail thee.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Soreza(m): 11:07am On Mar 25, 2015
All Nigerian politicians should be hanged
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:09am On Mar 25, 2015
haibe:

death is too harsh na

Reason to consider the consequences of an action before you do it.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Stevano007(m): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2015
This one is strong
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by haibe(m): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2015
ThoniaSlim:

you know anyone can be accused of stealing? Imagine it was you, how would a death sentence be
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by greenafrica: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2015
You guys should not look at the amount of money involved but the intention of carrying gun. He could have killed his victims at the slightest resistance

Please don't have pity for robbers that carry guns or other weapons. Guns are meant for killing; not for playing
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by RomanceLander(f): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2015
not fair at all
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Suljosh: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2015
I don't support his act. But does stealing billions of public funds work our street freely. GOD is watching them in 3D
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Heroic(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2015
nIce piece bro. Mind if I copy and paste on my facebook wall? Yes u ll be acknowledged thanks
siraj1402:
Vote for change and all these will be over.

NO Pastor, Imam, Babalawo, Oba, Obi, Emir, Obong, Chief, Militant etc can tell me who to vote for, NEVER!....

I bear the brunt of unemployment, not the Pastor....

I suffer epileptic power supply, not the Imams.....

When my landlord increases house rent, the Oba will not send me money to augment it.....
When medical bills needs to be paid, I won't see the Obi....

When armed robbers show up in my neighborhood, the Emir won't be there to rescue me...

When time comes to pay exorbitant private school fees for my children because public schools that produced the likes of Soyinka, Chinua Achebe are derelict, no Militant will come to my rescue...

The roads leading to Obong's palace are bad, he has not done anything about it, how can he help me?

Exchange rate has plumeted while the economy worsened yet the Babalawo suffers in silence with me ad he is unable to use his juju to make our economic problems disappear...

My siblings and the children of the Chief who are graduates for the past 8 years have remained unemployed while he is powerless to help them...

So I alone will decide WHO IS MAKING ME GO THROUGH ALL
THESE HARDSHIP, AND USING MY PVC TO TERMINATE HIS TENURE, IF I DON'T LIKE HIS POOR HANDLING OF GOVERNANCE!
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Emma4Jesu(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2015
This kind of judgement should also go round to the people at the top who uses pen to rob, pention scheme thieves and oil thieves
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 25, 2015
ThoniaSlim:

See ur lips like goat Pusssy undecided you dey open mouth dey close am like fooool. You know whether your children go be armed robbers? What if your husband is an armed robber? Will u prefer the death penalty? Mumu
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by EcoTerror: 11:14am On Mar 25, 2015
ThoniaSlim:

Anyone who's been a victim of robbery would tell you how traumatic it can be! Yes you are unemployed, should turning to crime be the answer?

There are a lot of people who aren't employed but are finding other honest means of making ends meet.
u ve got a heart of gold, soon some people will come and blast your fuse for typing such.

If you the crime you should be prepared for consequences.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by EcoTerror: 11:14am On Mar 25, 2015
ThoniaSlim:

u ve got a heart of gold, soon some people will come and blast your fuse for typing such.

If you the crime you should be prepared for consequences
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by olu77(m): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2015
CR77:
I pity for our judge..

tongue tongue tongue

Rob one man get death sentence. Rob 170million Nigerians get promotion

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Horlufemi(m): 11:16am On Mar 25, 2015
ITbomb:
This is why Jonathan said that stealing should be differentiated from corruption so that a person stealing government money should be tried as a thief not being glorified with lengthy complex corruption charges.

Stealing is not Corruption

Is stealing legal? Answer = no

what's corruption? Illegal action by a holder of public office.

stealing in public office is corruption
forgery is corruption

they are all part of corruption. it's just that corruption encompasses all those terms.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by siraj1402(m): 11:16am On Mar 25, 2015
Heroic:
nIce piece bro. Mind if I copy and paste on my facebook wall? Yes u ll be acknowledged thanks
You are welcome dear,together we shall fight this course with intelligent.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by joystickextendr: 11:18am On Mar 25, 2015
what a cruel sentence embarassed angry

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by olas24u(f): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2015
delishpot:
Armed with a gun and cutlass........ so if he had killed the person for just 10k and handset, that is when we will know that robbing with gun is bad ba?

He lay his bed, let him sleep in it.

In that same state ?Delta state .Okay o
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by egift(m): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2015
Yet all the people around Jonathan are walking free without immunity.

I see why Patience is afraid, because according to the laws, her punishment will be unimaginable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano State Hisbah Arrest Popular Tiktoker, Murja Kunya Over Alleged Immorality / EFCC operative arrested for collecting N15 m bribe / Nigerian Man Arrested With Drugs Worth Over N6m In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.