Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

CBN Threatens To Go After Landlords, Schools That Demand Payment In Dollars - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / CBN Threatens To Go After Landlords, Schools That Demand Payment In Dollars (359 Views)

Benue University Student Threatens To Kill Project Supervisor Over 3rd Class / Admission 2016: List Of Schools That Have Released Admission List / Nigerian Post Graduate Schools That Award Teaching Assistantship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CBN Threatens To Go After Landlords, Schools That Demand Payment In Dollars by mysomuchworld: 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
The Central Bank of Nigeria has threatened to go after schools and landlords in Nigeria that demand fees and rents in dollars. Rising from its Monetary Policy Committee meeting in Abuja yesterday March 24th, the CBN maintained that the only currency officially recognized for business in Nigeria is the Naira.

“The official currency for doing business in Nigeria remains the Naira. Collecting rents or school fees in dollars in Nigeria is illegal. We like to advice those involved in these practices to desist from them, because CBN would very soon begin to go after them,” Mr. Emefiele warned.

He said steps must be taken to prevent the dollar dominating Nigeria's economy. I agree!

read more: www.mysomuchworld.com
Re: CBN Threatens To Go After Landlords, Schools That Demand Payment In Dollars by akinboyepelumi1: 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
I agree!
Re: CBN Threatens To Go After Landlords, Schools That Demand Payment In Dollars by hahn(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
I agree!

Seconded

(1) (Reply)

Urgency / Best ORACLE 11g Online Training / The Unfair Advantage Gain The Competitive Advantage In Your Business And Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.