Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.25th.march.2015 | How Often? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.25th.march.2015 | How Often? (469 Views)

Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.29th.april.2015 | Now, Watch Out! / Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.22nd.april.2015 | Let's Go Like This! / Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.1st.april.2015 | This One Last Thing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.25th.march.2015 | How Often? by ComeBackHome: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | WED.MARCH.25th 2015

HOW OFTEN? | Luke 18: 1 (AMP)

“ALSO [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up)”

Wao! What a journey!

Travelled through the pages of scriptures to established the importance of being baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Personally, I congratulate you out there for being part of this.

Nevertheless, today, we are looking at ‘HOW, WHERE AND HOW OFTEN' praying in tongues should be done’?

To begin with, I believe starting with a question isn't a bad idea. "HOW OFTEN do we talk daily? Every day and almost every time, I guess. Deaf and Dumb fellows, inclusive. Right?

Most times, what we assume prayer is, isn't. Fact to know about prayer is; it is a way of life. Prayer isn't effective because of the position we take. Rather, because of the state of the heart with which we are doing it.

Affirmatively, there is no specific rule, limit given in regard to how far one can go praying - praying in the Holy Ghost. We are only told to pray always - without season. Which means, we don't need to wait a particular time and till we get to a particular location or assume a particular posture before we pray. We shall discuss this in greater detail under the subject of prayer. Luke 18: 1 (AMP) | “…men ought always to pray”.

In 1 Corinthians 14: 18 (AMP), Paul speaks, “I thank God that I speak in [strange] tongues (languages) more than any of you or all of you put together”

Paul wouldn't have said that if he only wait a particular time, get to a particular location and assume a particular posture before praying. Praying was Paul's lifestyle. Anywhere and everywhere, he prays limitlessly. No wonder he has a great access to an immeasurable revelations kept secret for ages.

AND HOW SHOULD IT BE DONE?

Absolutely, it must be done ‘DECENTLY’; not, abusively or offensively or vulgarly or nastily or rudely or unpleasantly or disgracefully or impolitely or obnoxiously.

Paul did a great justice to the abusive use of praying in other tongues. Most especially, when a spiritual service is ongoing.

It is abusive when a 'Message' is going on in a Church service and someone jump up and began to prat in tongues. That is wrong. God is not an author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14: 33).

The bible even say our spirits are subject to us (1 Corinthians 14: 32). In other words, we can put hold on our spirit till the person sharing is done with his message or till we get to our various homes to do the 'tonguing', most especially when there is no one to interpret our tongues so that others can be edified.

And am not sure if it polite to turn ourselves to being a nuisance to the public in the name of praying in other tongues. Even in church gathering, except if we are all told to lift our voices up in prayers, praying in the Holy Ghost.

That is clear.

WHERE SHOULD I PRAY IN TONGUES?

Anywhere is allowed.

No specific location is given. It is not necessary you shout praying. Factually, it is not in 'How' but the state of our heart. This is what makes a tremendous power available when we pray. Most time, quite said prayers move faster than shouting ones.

Paul speaking by the Holy Ghost in 1 Timothy 2: 8, admonishing us pray 'Everywhere' lifting up holy hands.

This 'Everywhere' is 'Anywhere'.

New Living Translations (NLT) says - "In every place of Worship..."

You also need to know that wherever you are is a place of 'Worship'. You are God's building. God's Church. No waiting till you get to a Church environment before you could have a place of Worship.

In Philemon 1: 2, the Church in the house of Apphia and Archippus is not just referring to their house building. Rather, the believers worshiping there. Anywhere a Child of God is, is a place of Worship. Remember, your toilet is anywhere as well. Once you are comfortable with the network of the white station; tonguing is allowed | See John 4: 19 - 24, 1 Corinthians 3: 9, Philemon 1: 2.

Dearly beloved, the more we spend time praying in tongues, the more we get built up, edified, improved and strengthened the real man – our Spirit Man.

And don’t forget that praying in other tongues is for personal edification (1 Corinthians 14: 4). Except if there is a message for God’s people and there must be an interpreter. In the absent of that, such tongue’s speaker should be silent or talk quietly to himself till he gets home.

Please, read the whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 14, especially, from ‘New Living Translation’ (NLT).

Hope that is instructive enough?

Join me tomorrow on the ‘THE SPIRIT AND HIS GIFTS’. Remember, we are still on ‘You and the Holy Spirit’.

NOW, SAY | I am not time bound praying in the Holy Ghost and I tongue decently.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I see the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in my life as I consciously see Him as He is – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

How Do A Celibate Maintain His Relationship With The Opposite Sex? / Insightful: How The Apostles Died / The Teacup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.