Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee (1393 Views)

“ The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher” . / Tale Of Four Women.....(lilian's Story) Fiction / Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
whats up peepz this is my first short story and am posting only half due to piracy issues and note its been copyrighted.

1 Like

Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by kinwayne(m): 8:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
Anxiously waiting dear.. Let's see your potentials
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 26, 2015
I go must follow this piece to the end... Oya dey ride On na!
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 26, 2015
kinwayne:
Anxiously waiting dear.. Let's see your potentials
Oga Wayne, U don alter Male to Dear.... You be Gay?
Theorbiters, come and see sire Wayne o!
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by kinwayne(m): 9:57am On Mar 26, 2015
Hahahaha make una help me see trouble for person moniker o.. I guess she's sorry he's just editing her/his profile
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 26, 2015
kinwayne:
Hahahaha make una help me see trouble for person moniker o.. I guess she's sorry he's just editing her/his profile
Yeah sha
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Divepen1(m): 8:27am On Mar 27, 2015
I must read this story
* Rubbing palm together*
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2015
CHAPTER 1 : Dream of all dreams.

Beautiful, just beautiful.that was the only thing ajoke could use to define the Elysium she was seeing. The moon glimmered brightly as the silvery white light pierced the nude cloud, the short grasses tugged at her feet as a cool breeze blew.
She heard a faint sound, more like a person was singing, it was so faint and gentle she felt like she could lie down and sleep. she followed the mysterious sound using the birds as a guide as they flew in the same direction she was headed.she found a really pretty woman sitting on a finely shaped rock. Animals gathered around her as she sung with a sweet passionate voice, birds circled over her head and the squirrels seemed to be clapping as she sung.
from what ajoke could make out her skin was the same lush color as earth herself and her hair seemed to sway which seemed confusing since the breeze had calmed down.

curiosity got the best of her, "hello, please where am i?" she asked.
Suddenly the wind grew violent the once clear skies became cloudy even though dark, ajoke shrieked as she saw the woman began to rotten.
her body was turning grey and fly perched at her feet, her nails grew long and her eyes where blood shot red. Ajoke saw sorrow in the woman's eyes as if she had been crying for eternity, the woman pointed her long decayed hands at ajoke and skeletons shot up from each side and grabbed her, she screamed but nothing came out of her mouth she couldn't even move her hands. she felt as if her life force had been drained off her.
she glanced at the faces of the skeletons and saw empty sockets, the half dead woman seemed to be mouthing a word "bean sith?"
"ajoke!!, Ajoke!!" the skeleton seemed to shout, she turned towards the woman who appeared in front of her and stabbed her.
she woke with a start

"ajoke, ajoke". her visioned seemed blurry as she opened her eyes. she saw two heads shouting out her name, she was about to scream before her vision cleared, the heads finally merging back to one.she calmed down
"folake please stop shouting my name like that"
"what?, i was whispering",she said "you looked like you saw a ghost"
"oh i did but not here", ajoke said as she rubbed her heavy eyes.
"ooohhh!!!"folakes eyes widened "you dreamt about thomas right?"
"no way i didn't"

a voice shocked the girls as they sat up straight" MRS tolade and ajao"a short man with thick wired glasses stood in front of them."i think i bore you two, i believe you both know more than me why not teach the whole class then?"
ajoke felt like the ground would swallow her up in an instant as the whole class stared at them both including Thomas, her crush.
"go on" the man urged them on as he gave them the marker.
"oh no!!" ajoke muttered as she went to the board
"that was horrible i will definitely kill that man, can you imagine....." folake kept on talking as ajoke zoned out from their discussion as she focused on Thomas. he wore a thick black turtle neck sweater atop his white uniform and a white sneakers which went well with his boots.
oh she couldn't wait to see his face, she dreamt about those nicely placed cheek bones which happen to attract every girl in lilly white high every time.
"helloooo", folake snapped her out of trance"i just bought this new movie fifty shades of grey and a new nail paint, why dont we head on to my house?"
"sure thing" she said absent mindlessly as she stared back at where Thomas stood, but he was long gone, she wondered how he always does that, she was hoping to talk to him,but that will have to wait,funny thing is, it always waited.
little did she know that her life is about to change forever.
END..........chapter "(FATAL ENCOUNTER) coming soon
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2015
CHAPTER 2: fatal encounter

"oh my god" ajoke muttered to her self as she scurried hurriedly through the silent streets of alausa.where are all the people?, she thought.
she glanced at her watch, to eight!!. well no problem she will get home within five minutes she thought all she needed to do was turn right,left then straight down then right again.
she grunted, who was she kidding she cant get there in thirty minutes,she picked up her pace as she turned to the next street.
"its all folake's fault"she thought"she must be sleeping in bed by now"
a shadow moving in a tree caught her eye, as she stopped abruptly. she moved closer which she knew she wasn't meant to do has that bravery only happened in American movies, her mouth was agape by what she saw.
it was a bird, but not just any bird it was an owl.do they even exist in Nigeria?
it had a dark brown feather, with a heart shaped face that looked liked a flat mask atop its light buff colored body.it had huge talons but what scared her were its eerie black eyes that seemed empty, but it stared blankly at her which sent a chill down her spine.now she wanted to run.
but it spread it unbelievably long wings and swept in for her, she bent down and turned to see it fly away.
she noticed one thing as it flew away, it made no noise!!..
she had plugged in her earpiece, and her ears were filled with the sound of Chris brown's new flame.she jogged faster beginning to think she might imagine a walking zombie or a talking tree, she hoped the bird too was imagined, but something told her it was real, eerily real.
she was about getting to her street when she heard a growl, she didn't remember hearing that being said in the song, but she continued. she heard it again then turned, her heart beating fiercely against her ribcage.she saw nothing then decided to look down, she nearly jumped out of her skin but saw that it was just a dog.
"oh, hello you cutie"she patted its head"sleep tight"she turned and plugged her earphones back but heard the growl again.
this time she was sure her heart might run out of her chest.
she looked at the dog and notice its head splitting into three parts
"oh noo!!", she screamed...
END....CHAPTER 3(false mum) coming soon...
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Koenig: 1:43am On Mar 28, 2015
Hmmmm... interesting. Good work.
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Divepen1(m): 11:38am On Mar 28, 2015
Making sense
What's happening?
Please, try to follow the rule of capitalisation
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by rapmike(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
It looks good but there are one or two things you may want to improve on.

1. The story looks a bit scattered, like it lacks continuity. Maybe your chapters are too short but the fact is that the story seems distorted. I can't actually understand what is happening in the story and am sure am not the only confused person here.

2. Watch the way you capitalize words.

Apart from that the story looks good.
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2015
yeah, i typed it on my phone that is why i made some little mistakes here and there..... but thanks 4 d comments u gyz.
it actually means some1 is reading this.
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Shebarh(f): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2015
pls wat is d meaning of banshee?
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 11:21am On Mar 29, 2015
she is a female irish spirit who wails or scream when someone is about to die.
check en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee
or watch teen wolf to learn more
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Divepen1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
stop not or I sue you to court
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 1:25am On Apr 03, 2015
what are you saying? " divepen
sorry peepz havnt had light in a while will post today....thanks grin
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 1:26am On Apr 03, 2015
Divepen1:
stop not or I sue you to court
welcome bro
Re: AJOKE : Tale Of A Nigerian Banshee by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
chapter 3 : FALSE MUM
Ajoke choked back a scream, she stared at the monster in pure horror.
The cute little puppy was beginning to inflate, its head split into three faces with spikes to adorn its mane.It had become three times her size and its big mouths opened up to reveal a nasty stench.But she didn't care, she dare not move a muscle.
"Good doggy, i wonder who must have let you out maybe Hades?", she said under her breath,she felt the fright in her voice.
In a flash it launched at her and she screamed the words dearest to her heart as she turned to run "MUUUUMMMYYY!!!".
She fell face first as the monster pinned her down, its weight flushed the air out of her windpipes.
She threw her phone at it, but it crushed it within its jaws, she made a last ditch effort to crawl but the monster had all three heads baring its fangs into her backpack.
Instinctively she slithered out of her bag and darted across the street.
She knew it would begin chasing her soon and she was by far not a good runner, she crawled under a charcoal black range rover,and waited hoping the monster would just go. Her whole muscles stiffened when she heard a low growl, she stared left and right but didn't see anything.
She heard not a sound, perhaps it was gone she thought. She counted down from ten before she made a run for it.
TEN....NINE...EIGHT...SEVEN...SI...
she was caught short as the dog bumped the car, she immediately went the opposite direction and began running again. she risked a glance backwards.
Mistake.
she tripped on the pavement and hit the asphalt.Ajoke turned back to see the growling animal standing at the top of the car,its silhouette figure showed the piercing red eyes, all sic of them staring at her.
it prepared to launch it self when from nowhere a gold chain wriggled around the monsters feet, and pulled it down.The dog yelped as it got yanked down.
AJoke found her feet, and limped to see the action unfolding.
A black humane figure moved graciously as it fought the beast.He seemed to be at ease and dodged all the monsters attacks,he sliced and diced the monsters head as he sidestepped,parred and ducked.
But she noticed a problem for every head caught it growed two more in place, soon the warrior was outwitted and he was smacked aside.
Now it faced her,but she couldn't run nor move,her vision blurred and the edges of her sight reddened.
The mini Cerberus lunged at her.
This is it, she thought.
SLASSSHHHH!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking Loose (a Flash Fiction) / AWUFF DEY BUST BELLE . / If You Are A Literati Then Get Inside Here...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.