Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel (761 Views)

How To Upload A Database In Cpanel / How One Programmer Caused An Apocalypse On The Internet By Deleting A Piece Code / Anyone With An Idea Of How I Can Get Email Address Database In Nigeria?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel by dayoungmoney1: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
hello guyz, pls i need help. i'm kinda new to web design. i want to delete a database in cpanel and i don't know if it will affect/damage the whole website. my hosting package allows for only 1database. i want to delete the database so i can install wordpress. pls help. tanx.
Re: Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel by FRInteractives: 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
You can still install Wordpress on that same database what wordpress will do is to create its own database tables.

Configure your wordpress configuration file(wp-config.php) before uploading to your live server.
In the config. File update the following details:
define('DB_NAME', 'put your database name here');
define('DB_USER', 'username here');
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'password here');
define('DB_HOST', 'your host name here');//ask your webhost for this information the default is localhost but confirm.

After editing this save it and up load it to its proper directory and run the installer eg www.yoursite.com/blog
If you are installing wordpress to serve as a blog platform.
If you are installing wordpress to build your whole site eg www.yoursite.com/

Once you've run the installer to login to your dashboard use the syntax www.yoursite.com/wp-admin or www.yoursite.com/blog/wp-admin

Regards.

dayoungmoney1:
hello guyz, pls i need help. i'm kinda new to web design. i want to delete a database in cpanel and i don't know if it will affect/damage the whole website. my hosting package allows for only 1database. i want to delete the database so i can install wordpress. pls help. tanx.
Re: Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel by Guyson(m): 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2015

Find the icon “MySQL Databases” and click on it

Find the database you want to delete in the list of “Current Databases” and click “Delete Database”

On the next screen, you’ll be prompted to confirm the deletion of the selected database. Make sure you are deleting the correct database and click “ Delete Database”

http://askguyson.com
Re: Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel by dayoungmoney1: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
FRInteractives:
You can still install Wordpress on that same database what wordpress will do is to create its own database tables.

Configure your wordpress configuration file(wp-config.php) before uploading to your live server.
In the config. File update the following details:
define('DB_NAME', 'put your database name here');
define('DB_USER', 'username here');
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'password here');
define('DB_HOST', 'your host name here');//ask your webhost for this information the default is localhost but confirm.

After editing this save it and up load it to its proper directory and run the installer eg www.yoursite.com/blog
If you are installing wordpress to serve as a blog platform.
If you are installing wordpress to build your whole site eg www.yoursite.com/

Once you've run the installer to login to your dashboard use the syntax www.yoursite.com/wp-admin or www.yoursite.com/blog/wp-admin

Regards.

this is complex for me. i want to install the wordpress through quick install. i want to know if deleting the database will not crash the website.
Re: Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel by FRInteractives: 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
If you have content stored in that database that is being used in your website, deleting it will affect those stuffs. But if you are using quick install to install wordpress just select/type the database and wordpress will just create its tables in that database
dayoungmoney1:

this is complex for me. i want to install the wordpress through quick install. i want to know if deleting the database will not crash the website.
Re: Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel by dayoungmoney1: 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
FRInteractives:
If you have content stored in that database that is being used in your website, deleting it will affect those stuffs. But if you are using quick install to install wordpress just select/type the database and wordpress will just create its tables in that database
tanx, but i didn't see any option on selecting or typing database under quick install. kindly guide me. tanx.
Re: Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel by FRInteractives: 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
Tell me which quick install you are using
dayoungmoney1:

tanx, but i didn't see any option on selecting or typing database under quick install. kindly guide me. tanx.
Re: Help! Deleting A Database In Cpanel by dayoungmoney1: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
cPanel version 11.44.3 (build 1)
Theme x3

(1) (Reply)

An Alternative To Google Adsense / . / What Is An Interactive Website? And How Much It Should Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.