Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Is God A Trinity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God A Trinity? (2904 Views)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God A Trinity? by chy24chy: 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2006
Simply no because God is one and christ is the son the holy spirit is the active force of God
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Yolanda(f): 12:57am On Sep 04, 2006
i agree 100%
Re: Is God A Trinity? by gigitte(f): 1:19am On Sep 04, 2006
nah God is a trinityl. three in one, one in three. one of the mysteries of the bible
Re: Is God A Trinity? by olabowale(m): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2006
Please can anybody with a minimum amount of arithmetics tell me how I can arrive at 1 when there is 1 plus 1 plus 1. How can rational mind justify this hypothesis. truly if the mind is sound. About it being termed a misery, oh my brothers and sisters from Nigeria ( an being nationalistic here), tell me how you justify your theory of Misery, especially when you have to prove all things. Please be sensible. Most of you have gone through comprehensive matriculations. You have Doctors and a pool of Scientists.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by gigitte(f): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2006
lol when the scientists and doctors tell me how something can be both a wave and a particle when waves adn particles have different characteristics and behave in different ways and give different results to the same experiment, then i will explain to them how God is a trinity lol.

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a trinity, but there are really no words to describe completely the nature of this mystery. just as they are no words to describe the dual nature of matter
Re: Is God A Trinity? by olabowale(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2006
@gigitte; I thought my question of 3 all of a sudden becoming one is more of a math problem, not behaviors of particles or the characteristics of matter and the analysis of wave. Please that you have in the Bible that each of the three entities are complete as separate entities. Then I wonder what happened when Jesus was praying and asking that his cup be taken away from him. Who was he asking and praying to. When he asked that a will belonging to some entity be done who was that entity and in what role of personality was that entity. When jesus was expiring according to the Bible, who was he asking that he had been forsook. Is that entity his equal or higher. When Jesus died according to the Bible did the other two died as well. Who was overseeing the creations at the time of the death of jesus. When jesus was in his mother's womb, who was still in charge of the creations. My sister, physics does not apply here and you need to reflect.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by gigitte(f): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2006
my brother just say you dont understand the analogy lol. grin
im saying that human language is ill equipped to explain some things. particles and waves being one, the trinity being another.
u are using ur human knowlege, language adn experience to try adn explain something that is not even in our world. can u also explain how mary was impregnated by the holy spirit?
as for jesus refering to his father in heaven. they are separate and at the same time, they are one adn the same. go figure. it is a mystery, i will not attempt to explain it to you because it is beyond human language, but ihave faith and i believe.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by olabowale(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2006
@gigiffe. Since you sent your first entry to me, I had gone searching topics in advance physics. You know, I only took the essentials amount of Physics for Civil Engineering. But your paricle/wave issue is a more advances descipline, geophysics to be precise. In closeover 25 years, I have not read any materials in Physics, because there was no need for it. However, you got me curious and I went on reading on storm conditions where analysis of particle/wave and wave/wave are discussed. Most of the findings are theoretical and there are so many assumptions. You have here the web sites for your own reading; www.physics.com,searchfor particleandwave. On the 3rd topic from the top, click on it. I am sure you will find your answer; Non linear processes in Geophysics.

By the way, do you relegate your attempt to explain away your god into such a material material thing, knowing fully well that they do not parallel each other. There are something that are absolute, God is that whole. If the Qur'an did not give an challenging answer and thereby refute the 3 in one concept, then you might be able to pull one over the eye of every thinking person. Over a hundred years ago, there are many things known now that were unimaginable then, it did boguled the mind. The same question you asked about particle/wave you did not know it, yet you are the physicist here. Nice one my sister.

About how mariam got pregnant, it is very easy by God indeed to command anything to occur. What you and me agreed upo is that Mary was young when she got pregnant. The pregnancy was at some age that she was physiologically capable to be pregnant. The did not have sex with any man, however the Angel of her Lord appeared to her to inform her of this unusual event to her. The rest of it you can read the about it in the hadith of Muhammad and a book called the story of the prophets. The birth of Jesus is simply by the commannd of his Lord, Be. Immediately the process began uninterrupted.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by gigitte(f): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2006
lol this not about answers. i know why things behave like particles and waves. they do so under certain confinements. im simply saying that matter is not both waves and particles, it is one thing. we just say waves and particles in different situations to best explain the results of experiments.
im not relegating God to any material thing. im just saying that human language is often inadequate and so is human knowledge.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by olabowale(m): 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2006
@gigiffe; So why is it so difficult for you then that God the Almighty might have raised somebody else up after Jesus to refute the false statement about 3 in one and son and death on the cross, etc. I think you need to read the Qur'an and then decide.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by gigitte(f): 1:09am On Sep 05, 2006
does the koran say anything about the trinity. anyway God said jesus was his son and after him no more. dying on the cross was the ultimate sacrifice because it made the sacrifice of animals and blood offering obsolete and then the Holy spirit was sent to help us out. im not really sure why we would need another messiah after jesus.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by olabowale(m): 4:42am On Sep 05, 2006
@gigiffe; did you know better than God the Creator of all. It is the fallacy of the blood and 3 in one that God destroy by sending another prophet to correct this unforgiveable claim against God and Jesus His servant. Please read Chapter called mary and the chapter called The table spread. Then let me know your findings. The problem is that most people can handle religious truth. the religion of the parent may not be a true religion, hence it may lead to hellfire. I believe we are all trying to avoid hellfire.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by jagunlabi(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2006
What God is and not,is based purely on conjectures.We,as humans,have absolutely no clue of what constitution is this being called GOD,never mind what all these socalled holy books say.
Holy trinity ko,holy triplets ni. cool
Re: Is God A Trinity? by olabowale(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2006
@Gigiffe; My sister consider this, wave can not exist without particle. However particle does exist without wave. It is the dynamic changes of particle when it vibrates/in the state of kinetic that you will have a wave, generated due to that motion. Hence the existence of wave completely depends on particle, not the other way around.

In view of the above please consider that God is ever present, in the past prior to the begining of creation, at this present time and in the future, even after the world/creations perish. God is constant and unique. His glory is full, and complete, always. You can not say that about any of His creations, Jesus included, even Angel Gabriel was the spirit/Holy spirit that appeared to Mary for the announcement and the process of pregnancy and birth of jesus Christ the son of mary/son of man, meaning all his nature is of man, began.

Since God did exist before jesus, then it shows that jesus at one time did not exist. Now Jesus is no more after his he had existed on this plane. The present state of Jesus, presently in heaven is entirely in the hand of God. All the miracles performed by Jesus is by the permission of his Lord, God the Almighty. Without the permission of this true God, Jesus or any prophet, including Moses and Muhammad to name a few can not do anything. You need to know that muhammad performed many miracles, eg splitting the moon, (for those of you that Allah is the Moon god, there goes your theory), but his greatest miracle is the Glorious Qur'an, remaining unchanging from its revelation. This shows that Jesus is not better than any other prophet, eg Moses who heard the voice our Lord directly, more than one time I might add.

Since Jesus was not the last person to make entry in the new testament, then you must admit that even though you do not know for certain, God might have raised up another prophet to continue in the same path of the previous prophets, after jesus was raised up into heaven. After all God is capable of doing all things. read the Qur'an and you will be delighted you did; it may strenghten your Biblical belief or change you for good by accepting islam. At least try to read it. It will be a tragedy that at the point of death, when you see the reality, it will be too late. You have a chance now that you are alive.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2011
Okay JW Mormon Pharisee or muslim, tell your fellows for FUTY ko MAUTECH: to come back; I still got questions in tons!
sorry the ton of my voice the rage  was facial.

Q: since[b] hell is mankinds common grave[/b] why would you think someone will bother himself with Jesus after believing you undecided
pls google search[b] jehovah witnessess+skeleton[/b] or[b] what jehovah witnessess wont tell when they knock on doors[/b]
PS I NEARLY WAS ONE OF YOU. how i reconvert? ask me grin grin grin
dont think me is catholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: Is God A Trinity? by italo: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2011
@olabowale

Mohammed saw Jesus as a prophet of God, right? Let's assume for a moment that its true. So we are supposed to believe every word a prophet of God says, right?

So we believe everything Jesus told us, what's your problem with that?
Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2011
italo:

@olabowale

Mohammed saw Jesus as a prophet of God, right? Let's assume for a moment that its true. So we are supposed to believe every word a prophet of God says, right?

So we believe everything Jesus told us, what's your problem with that?

I wonder ooo, he started by asking if God was trinity, now heading to critising and trying to condem a christian believe by persuading her to come to Islam. I am saying and will keep saying it.
Only a fool will backslide from christian and be converted to Muslim.
Moha who they claim was announced by Jesus is now the one that even turn against Jesus.
Is everythin not suposed to work out for good.? Muslims a jokers if they dont stop to deny Gods word.
After Jesus no other prophet. Moha was a mere man like the @OP, sinner and always beg God for his commited sins and sins yet to commits by him. Jesus was perfect, sinless despites all that he went through. Of course that was the reason why he came, to take away all our sins, if not he could insults or refused to die. He died willingly that we may have life.
Islam is not of God, they denies Gods command on human.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Sweetnecta: 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^ please tell you will never die.
if you can't which life therefore did his dying guarantee that you will have?

are you for real, lady?

did jesus told the guy that there is trinity, when he even prayed to one God?

sisi, did jesus say to you he came to take away your sins? remember you are from obodo 9ja.

Jesus said there is a 'That Prophet" to come to comfort you because he has spirit of God in him.
Did you listen to Jesus? No. You just decided to deviate.

How did the spirit except if he is a man capable of speaking to you to glorify Jesus, remind you of what Jesus said, lead you to all truth, correct the disciples, etc? What did he correct them about? Do you know?
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Rich4god(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2011
@op, We have only 1 God who revealed Himself to us in 3 different ways, thus TRINITY. In the old testament, He revealed Himself in a form we cannot see (ie thunder, fire, burning bush etc) we take that as God the father. In the new testament, He came in a human nature, as the son. And now, we all have the spirit of God working in us, thats God the Holy spirit. We do not have 3 God, bt rather we have 1 God who revealed Himself in 3 differnt ways.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Amujale(m): 5:15am On Oct 12, 2011
Infinite State
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Sweetnecta: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2011
@rich4god; « #18 on: Yesterday at 08:16:31 PM »
[Quote]@op, We have only 1 God who revealed Himself to us in 3 different ways, thus TRINITY. In the old testament, He revealed Himself in a form we cannot see (ie thunder, fire, burning bush etc) we take that as God the father. In the new testament, He came in a human nature, as the son. And now, we all have the spirit of God working in us, thats God the Holy spirit. We do not have 3 God, bt rather we have 1 God who revealed Himself in 3 differnt ways[/Quote]in OT you only see His signs of being; via Thunder, Fire, Burning Bush, etc. All through these, you do not know anything about Him, according to your statement here. Not even His Name.

But in the NT, He made Himself known by Name, as the father? Is this what you are saying? If not, please make your position clearer. If yes, then who is I AM, Yahweh, etc of the OT and who is Ellah, of Jesus and Jehovah of Paul/the latin derivative of Yahweh?

Why is He a human and a son now, when to the people He chose, He was not showing up, even with a known Name, but only sign? re you saying that He now loth/dislike the previously beloved chosen and took the christians as His newly beloved when He became human and a son [May Allah forgive me, for I do not say this]?

In all, you now now say that He has changed once, again, only appearing as Spirit to you. When Jesus said that a spirit will come, even though this spirit will be from God, it is believed that this spirit is not God, but a servant, slave, messenger sent. At the time jesus was speaking about this spirit, he has not appeared, but his future existence has became a known knowledge to the disciples who have heard prophesy about his coming from the lips of Jesus. This is why the world, as in the nations of israel/Judea do not know him, yet, but he by speech from Jesus is already living in the hearts of the disciples, known to them as another prophet, a human to come in the future.

repeating as in speech delivery of what he heard from God, through His angel and directly from God as in Chapter 2 verses284/7 of the Quran. If all that you are saying is correct and Muhammad [as] is not the Another Comforter promised, then show me a previous Holy Spirit, and how many were they apart from 1, always? Show me the only one who spoke in the Name of the Lord God Almighty? Show me the "That Prophet" that the Jews were expecting so much that they asked John, if he was, among others; return of Elijah and the coming of Messiah before the "That Prophet".

Show me what the holy spirit said on the day of Pentecost. Or he didn't say anything, when he was supposed to teach, correct, lead, remind and glorify? Do you expect God to glorify Jesus more than had happened when jesus was alive on earth? If yes, then what new glory?

I want to learn. But no christian is willing or capable to teach us about Jesus, the holy spirit, the day of pentecost all in one lecture. You can not compartmentalize these 3 especially in the light of what Jesus said about the another comforter and tests of who is a true prophet of God and the work of the another comforter versus what is reported happened on pentecost.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by chomynomy: 9:48am On Oct 12, 2011
smiley Of course, God is Trinity. God d Father, d Son & d Holy Spirit
Re: Is God A Trinity? by ichuka(m): 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2011
For there are THREE that bear record in Heaven,the FATHER,the WORD,and the HOLY GHOST,and these THESE THREE ARE "ONE"-1jhn5:7.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2011
Me gat one question:
If  the holy 'spirit is God's active force' (you say so, not me) and not a Personality, how is it that:
1. He can teach?_____________Jn 14:26
2. Comforts?_________________Acts 9:3
3. Speaks?__________________Acts 28:25
4. Can be resisted?____________Acts 7:51
5. Can be grieved?____________Eph 4:30
6. Helps in our weaknesses?____Rom 8:26
7. Can be blasphemed grin?_______Matt 12:31
8. Referred to as God!?_________Acts 5:3~5
angry angry angry

If you are truth seekers please repy the trinitrant tongue
Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2011

sisi, did jesus say to you he came to take away your sins? remember you are from obodo 9ja.
Yes Jesus died for u and me so that we might be save, even if u re not ok with this, it still stands no modifying or changing it.
Wetin 9ja get to do with this? U self grin grin

did jesus told the guy that there is trinity, when he even prayed to one God?
So u dont know grin grin, see it below, no dey run away from the truth. Ok let me supply it to u.
The God of the christians is one God. The scripture gave a vivid prove of the TRINITY.
The 3 persons of the Godbody are noted in (Isaiah 48:16)“I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, [b]there am I; and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.” [/b]The speaker of this verse is obviously GOD and yet he says, he has been sent (BOTH) by the lord God "the father" and by his spirit that is, "the holy spirit" One name (GOD) yet 3 names. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Much verses in the bible spoke of this Trinity.

What an evident in (John 15:26) hear again where our Lord Jesus said: “But when the Comforter is come whom I will send unto you from the Father, He shall testify of me.” The son is talking, he will send to us a conforter own by his father(TRINITY) wht is confusing u about the GODHEAD trinity?
Re: Is God A Trinity? by lepasharon(f): 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
the trinity has a pagan origin look it up, notice its nowhere in the bible??
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2011
God is a family of three(Trinity); The Father, the mother whose name is Hollie Ghoste(she uses her maiden name because her husband does not have a surname, obviously), and the son. A daughter is on the way to make this bible God a family of four(Quartet) because Hollie Ghoste, the mother, is now pregnant with a baby girl. wink cheesy
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2011
Jenwitemi:

God is a family of three(Trinity); The Father, the mother whose name is Hollie Ghoste(she uses her maiden name because her husband does not have a surname, obviously), and the son. A daughter is on the way to make this bible God a family of four(Quartet) because Hollie Ghoste, the mother, is now pregnant with a baby girl. wink cheesy

Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Are u from this planet?? If yes kindly eat that vomit of urs and beg him to 4give u for acting foolishly.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
grin We're talking about FOOLISHNESS here(Trinity God), brethren, so what do you expect?  The trinity God concept and the religion that propounds it are both foolish. wink
frosbel:

Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2011
That's the latest news from the bible god family, brethren, straight from the prophet of prophets, Prophetus Divinus Maximus, that you just called "vomit". Slam your face in the dust and ask for forgiveness! sad cheesy
plappville:

Are u from this planet?? If yes kindly eat that vomit of urs and beg him to 4give u for acting foolishly.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 10:39pm On Oct 12, 2011
Even though, u still ve to eat that dirty vomit of urs, no offence to do that God will forgive u for this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis / Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here / Is There Any Correlation Between Easter And Esther?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.