Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,373 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) (1167 Views)

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. / Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) My Hp Desktop P / Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by mikson(m): 2:55am On Jan 21, 2009
If there's anything wrong with your computer, or any pc problems, well i have some knowledge in engineering and is willing to help, provided its within my power, So what are those things that are giving you problems with your PC, post it, and Get it Solved NOW!!!
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by adapcee(m): 5:29am On Jan 21, 2009
Is it possible to load xp on windows 98?Plz wit reasons and also,d steps required in loading windows 98 on a system.Thx
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by mikson(m): 6:46am On Jan 21, 2009
What do you mean load xp on 98, do you want to run d two operating systems together? or upgrade from windows 98 to xp? Pls answer this.

Well, both are possible, here is d installation procedure for win98:

- Get a windows 98 bootable cd
- Insert d cd before system startup (i.e. put d cd and restart the system)
- Select start computer with cd-rom support (if dis doesnt appear and d boot up process starts, go to your bios setup and set your 1st boot device to CD-ROM and restart with d cd inserted)
-After booting from cd, you are taken to command prompt (A:/), type c: to go to drive c:/ (harddisk)
-make a new win98 folder on c:/ by typing this in the command line:- "md win98se", then type "cd win98se". The command line changes to c:/win98se>
-then find the win98se folder in d cd, by typing d:, in front of d:/ type "dir", if u find the win98se folder there, type "cd win98se", but if u dont find d folder there, type e:, to go to drive e:, repeat d same process u did for d:/, u should definitely find the folder in e:/, if its not in d:/.

-After typing cd win98se in the containing drive, and d command line changes to d:/win98se> or e:/win98se>(depending on where u find d folder, this varies in different cds), in front of d command line, type "copy *.* c:"(i.e. copy star dot star csmiley, then the windows 98 files will start copying to c:

-After files finish copying,in front of the command line d:/win98se> or e:/win98se>, type c: and press enter.
-The command line changes back to c:/win98se>then type setup in front of it and press enter.

The windows 98 setup wizard starts automatically. Its like a normal installation from here.

Note: After typing any command, press enter, d quotes ("wink in all d commands i gave are not inclusive in the command line.

Any other problems?, post it!!!
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by hushy(m): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2009
please i cant open my c drive by just clicking on it, when ever i click on it to open it brings out options of open with microsoft, open with with this , open with that, unless i go through the address bar, please i need help on how to solve the problem. please
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by Engrbatu(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2009
Help me ooooooo!!!! Till infinity shouting!!! I formatted my pentium two computer with window xp professional and since then my system has been malfunction and it only display blue blank and just display some unknown number and later write window is shutting down. Pls help o! Infinity o
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by mikson(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2009
@hushy, its either a virus or an after effect of a virus attack, thats preventing your drives from opening, get a good and updated antivirus or there is a problem with your system files, try repairing your operating system installation with your installation cd.

@engrbatu, use your windows xp cd to delete your existing partition, make a new one, format it and reinstall xp, there is no solution for a blue screen error message without formatting your drive, your windows xp cd will give you instructions on how to delete partitions and create a new one.

Note: Insert your xp cd and boot from it.
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by quikengr(m): 10:23am On Jan 23, 2009
hey guys

How can i completely uninstall programs from my system including from the registry?
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by mikson(m): 9:09am On Feb 27, 2009
@quikengr, use a regedit command on command prompt, you're lucky if you will be abke to loacte d file though, Guys what do you think?
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by banky1987(m): 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2009
My registry have been disabled pls what caan I do? someone said i ll forat the system how true?
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by mikson(m): 1:19am On Mar 01, 2009
@banky, how exactly did it happen, virus?
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by Phemmmy(m): 4:03am On Mar 01, 2009
Help,if i start normally my system shut down itself after 10 seconds.please help me
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by mikson(m): 11:30am On Mar 01, 2009
Pls when stating a problem, state what happened before it

@phemmmy, wetin u do ur system b4 the restarting stuff?
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by Phemmmy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2009
After 10seconds it will shut down itself.
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by ABDULJELIL1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2009
my hp (p4) desktop computer delibrately off while the board is on.pls i need help
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by sauwal: 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2009
please guys i need help am using vista buss.edition am having problem shutin down my pc .it will will never shut down for hours until i press power button and held unto it for about a minute. pls what can i do to remedy it.
thanx
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by toxnaija: 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2009
Hi Mikson,
I use a vista home edition bought in Ireland less than 2 years ago.After using it for over 3hours the screen begins to behave funny bringing together all the opened windows,at times the system hangs and wouldnt power off until I press the power button for about 3seconds.It happens occasionally like twice a week.I have tried to all tricks to solve it but i just couldnt get a breakthrough.
Re: Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) by donciccio: 12:18am On Mar 04, 2009
guys i need help! my new Toshiba Satellite (L300) just got for abt a wk now. since i started using it the webcam has not transmit images. Tho it comes on when i activate it but doesn't show images. the camera box just show dark screen. i've tried all activation style for it but has not worked.

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Will Not Display Any Information On It Screen,pls Help / blank / Fastecash Paypal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.