Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems (10326 Views)

. / Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC / Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2007
I am an engineer working in computer village ikeja
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Cactus(m): 1:51am On Feb 23, 2007
lol you're a computer engineer but u asked about how to remove deep freeze in your other post lol.

okay answer this question

my computer is epileptic, everytime i turn it on it shuts down after maybe 10 minutes of use. what should i do? how can i find out what causes the problem?

laptop
win xp

FYI: i don't have this laptop connected to the internet, no spyware, no virus, no trojans etc. this is a virgin system
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2007
U need 2 check ur (1) os setting (just right click on ur desktot.select property.then screensaver.powering option.select presentation. Or (2) shutdown ur system goto setup .apm .then set system time out or (3) check ur system cooling fan,if ur system is too hot or the processor the system might too hot hot 4 processing ur data, i don't know may be u are using celeron, //the deep freeze u can not remove it from d pc without formatting ur c: i am trying to tap more brain from dis forum as well
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2007
Any problem?,
I'm ready 2 help u all
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Cactus(m): 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2007
remember quite a large number of people dont change their power schemes, knowing that I can still log onto windows for 10 mins, u have to check your system event viewer for system or application error messages. else you can do whatever you want to do.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by scribe(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2007
Well I do need help.
Within the space of 3months, I have needed to change the network card on about 3 desktop computers that were networked together.
The network cards just stop working and that is it.
I have been suspecting that maybe it has something to do with electric surge. But i am not sure since each pc are not plugged directly to the mains. Instead, they are plugged to individual UPS.
Please advise what could be the cause of such high rate of failure?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by talktalk1: 4:13am On Feb 24, 2007
hi mukadas have been sad for the past 4 month without any body saying sorry to me. i just brought a new hp laptop and surprisingly my younger sister enters a bios password she which she can remember any thing she typed. So please guy i know and believe you have a solution, what i do to bring back my laptop so i can work.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2007
talk talk ,what u need to do is to remove your bios battery for 24 hours you can locate it at the back of your sys just remove your power battery and you will see it under it mounted on the board    ,,,i know it will work and if you are still aving prob       , that means you willl need to flash the board
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2007
scribe,ur prob is a small thing what you need to do is to check if you lan cards are window base cos some cards are very sensitive what you need to do is to gget 3com lan card for two of the sys and gat a peer to peer cable not the normal cat 5e standard cable configuration then rename the sys and give them the same workgroup name , if the sys refuse to work you will go to setup then check if your lan is been disable, if  the sys did the same thing dat means you will reload you pc, but try to change the lan card to 3com
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Cactus(m): 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2007
whao well scribe said the cards worked for a couple of months. So that means they are windows compatible. if it is not then it will not work period.

Knowing that the cards once worked means the network device is not disabled.
why would format the system just because the cards are not working.
why would you specifically require 3com? there are tons of cards out there

well you cant just give solutions without knowing systems specs. We can all assume scribe is on windows but it may not be so. You will need all desktop system configuration including operating system, lan card types (manufacturer, base support etc), type of network connection etc before providing a solution. A better knowledge of the problem will go a great deal.

once u have a problem always request for more information, you can never be to sure maybe some missing information will be crucial regardless if u consider it stupid or worthless. just keep asking,
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2007
Cactus,u think dat i am here 4 money or somethin else .they call dis a forum and there is a space 4 u to add ur own sugestn, he said he pc av a lan prob and i gave him some opt then if u av ur own add it to help d situation
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2007
What i mean by reload ur system is (1)clear d board cmos to restore d manufactura settin may be they tamper wth the sys IRQ or (2)press f8 when boothin then select safemode and restore the sys to the date d lan card worked last--cactus,i am not mr michael dell but i love sharing my IQ with people
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:01am On Feb 25, 2007
Cactus,u know what i gain frm ur post dat is how 2 face chlenge ask more questn i am ready
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by 1forall: 1:39am On Feb 25, 2007
Ok mukadas, Ive got a PC issue on my laps. My friend subscribes to Starcomms Internet using the EVDO card in his PCMCIA slot on his laptop PC. He subscribed to the service since November and it has worked ok. His laptop is a Dell Inspiron running Win XP Home. He asked me to take a look at it when he noticed last week that the PC would just freeze whenever he inserts the card, if he removes it goes back to its normal working condition, but if he inserts it a second time, it freezes completely and needs to be restarted (for sure).

Now I/we've tried several things. Running a system restore, uninstalling and re-installing the PC Card Modem, tweaking modem settings etc. At a point we decide to disable the default modem which we suspected could be contending for the same hardware resources as the card. Then we inserted the card into the slot and it didnt freeze! We adjusted the modem settings (could only be done when the card was recognised and the PC functioning) and while were reducing the modem speed (bps) it froze again. Despite this the card works well on my own laptop.

Ok it was mind boggling but we decide to backup the data and reinstall the OS (abi?). Now we install Win XP Pro creating new partitions and formatting, and it installed fine, but the PC still froze when the PC Card was inserted! And the card still works well on my own laptop.

What could be the cause of this? and what could be the solution?

Your advice shall be appreciated, thanks!
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Cactus(m): 4:43am On Feb 25, 2007
did i ever mention your responses are wrong, all i am doing is just giving you more ideas on how to go about troubleshooting. I never mentioned money i wonder how that came about.

Most often there is not only one solution to fixing a pc. Knowing as many as possible with different scenario will definitely help in future incidents.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 7:44am On Feb 25, 2007
Cactus,i am sorry 4 dat post
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 8:09am On Feb 25, 2007
I encountd dat pblem once but what i did is (1)i tested d pc with another air card and it worked fine, try 2 check ur bios setup for normal settin or if u are not sure of d settin clear d cmos 4 default settin (3)get usb to pcmci adaptor to test it may be ur port is malfntionin, d prob is frm ur lappy not ur os
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 8:55am On Feb 25, 2007
If the freezin is still occurin dat means.There in a conflict btw ur onboardw hware to check click on start btn .select run then type dis command DXDIAG it will bring out every info about ur Sys, let me know if u are still facin dis prob to giv u another solutn
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by goldenray(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2007
mukadas, cactus, anyone. please what is wrong here? am on the net, browsing well enough. but one particular website does not open. to be specific www.waecdirect.org/, the site for checking results does not open, but it opens in other places. i tried all the pcs in my office[about 15], same result. in a neibouring office, using a different isp, it opened! am sure if you tryit there now it will open quite alright. what is the solution to this? please post suggestions/solutions asap! i kinda suspect some sort of 'foul play' but will hold my peace until i get ur comments. by the way, the error that keeps being displayed is 'server timed out'
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2007
It may be communication outage btw your data center and ur server.just click on start > run > cmd > then ping ur ip address to chknet or ur isp firewall.call ur isp 4 details
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2007
scribe
a UPS does not provide surge protection.you need to get a surge arrester. u also need a confirmed earthing connection.you also need to confirm if the following items are connected on the same circuits as your computers boiling ring, iron, hand drier, photocopying machine, water dispenser, kettle. any of these can generate surges that wil damage your cards. good luck
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by ChieFoH(m): 11:14am On Feb 28, 2007
mukadas, i want to format my lappy, its an hp nx6110 celeron, its really slow because i bought it off someone and she had some oracle stuff on it i also have a lot of unneccessary info that i do not want again, plus im starting a new job which requires a lot of browsing, please tell me the step by step process i need to take and also the disadvantages of formatting it and/or if there is any other solution to its being slow.

also where can i get the necessary drivers before i format it i don't have the cds that came with it and which drivers do i need exactly apart from wlan and usb
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2007
format d lappy to start fresh but 4 d slow processing it is very common with celeron ;mmx lappy are best goto www.drivershq.com 4 d driver download
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by 1forall: 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2007
Mukadas my friend just installed MS Office and the card doesnt freeze the PC anymore, an almost unbelievable relief! Didnt do nothing else, thanks for your help though.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mintwest(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2007
i used your last answer on laptop that shut down after sometime it worked but i still notice that my laptop still shut down after first boot it simply writes NT AUTHORISATION and will sut down after the countdown timer which is mainly 6o sec what do i do
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by woleprof(m): 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2007
Your System is runing low on visual memory. some program may not ********************

wat could be the problem?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2007
Dat is windows xp 4 u.runing higher graphics with ur pc visual memory .what u need to do is to right click on my computer select advanced, click on performance, click setting, then advance, on d virtual memory click on change then u will increase ur memory there #nb : upgrade ur ram for more vmemo
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by woleprof(m): 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2007
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

thanks alot.

Now let me ask this cos i need it for studying purposes

Waz the first thing i do if my HDD crashes.
Plz i need elaborate explanation on this question.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2007
Crashed ? Not detecting or os corrupt may be u want to retrieve ur data let me know
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by woleprof(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2007
Lets focus on corrupt HDD for now
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2007
Xp or 98
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by woleprof(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2007
discuss on both plz cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

What Are The Factors Limiting The Growth Of Internet In Nigeria? / I Want To Buy A Laptop,any Help? / Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.