Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. (2109 Views)

Lagos To Zaria Road Trip (with Pics) / My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. / Please Advice: Best Route From Lagos To Abuja (road Trip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by oblo(m): 3:23am On Mar 27, 2015
Elections are here and easter happens to be around the corner My wife and I had planned to leave for Abeokuta(was based there before I relocated to Enugu) for elections and have quality time with family members for the easter celebrations.

Car make and model: Mitsubishi L200 double cabin.

Fuel: Petrol

Rear wheel drive.

Proposed Take off time: 5:30 am

Car had already been serviced 2 weeks ago with the manufacturers recommended weight in oil. 20w50.

I had been checking my brake pads for wear and decided I change them 2 days ago as they were worn low.

Went hunting for fuel @ 87naira per litre angry angry as most independent fuel stations were selling for between 100 naira and 105. after queuing up to no avail at 2 different stations and my petrol reserve indicator had just lit up I finally got to buy at Oando along Ogui road. Filled up sharply. 60litres wink

Checked and gauged all tyres INCLUDING spare tyre ( funny most people don't ever remember to check or gauge spare tyres UNTIL it's time to use them grin > grin.

Checked my tool box, portable tyre inflator, fire extinguisher, Torchlight, All in order.

Let me catch some more sleep: Keep you. posted wink
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Abeokuta kwa shocked shocked
At this time?
Ha!
May God protect you and wife
Amen

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by shaddi(m): 4:34am On Mar 27, 2015
typing
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by oblo(m): 5:06am On Mar 27, 2015
babyosisi:
At this time?
Ha!
Amen

What's wrong with Abeokuta? You sound like the journey is too far by road or It's not safe to be there "at this time"? Abeg expantiate. grin
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by princy406(m): 5:15am On Mar 27, 2015
I also made abuja lagos on Wednesday with my family on a vw golf4 1.4liter engine I left abuja 5am and get to lagos tollgate by 4pm but I never check my brakes in abuja now its fault I need a reliable workshop here in lagos cos I don't allow just anybody to touch my Mk4
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by oblo(m): 6:04am On Mar 27, 2015
We are off!

Left home 5.45

took this pic at New Market.

Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by princy406(m): 6:13am On Mar 27, 2015
oblo:
We are off!

Left home 5.45

took this pic at New Market.
safe trip bro
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Safe trip. ff
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by lonelydora: 8:44am On Mar 27, 2015
Safe trip bro.
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by Marpol: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2015
Journey mercy oblo
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by Marpol: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2015
babyosisi:
At this time?
Ha!
Amen

I live in Ogun state too. Do you have any problem with the state?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2015
May God bebwith you and your family on this journey. And May he grant you journey mercies to reach your destination safely. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by warriiboguy: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
Safe trip. Keep us posted. Snap as much u can. And pls let ur wife do d snapping if d car is in motion.
Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
oblo:
Elections are here and easter happens to be around the corner My wife and I had planned to leave for Abeokuta(was based there before I relocated to Enugu) for elections and have quality time with family members for the easter celebrations.

Car make and model: Mitsubishi L200 double cabin.

Fuel: Petrol

Rear wheel drive.

Proposed Take off time: 5:30 am

Car had already been serviced 2 weeks ago with the manufacturers recommended weight in oil. 20w50.

I had been checking my brake pads for wear and decided I change them 2 days ago as they were worn low.

Went hunting for fuel @ 87naira per litre angry angry as most independent fuel stations were selling for between 100 naira and 105. after queuing up to no avail at 2 different stations and my petrol reserve indicator had just lit up I finally got to buy at Oando along Ogui road. Filled up sharply. 60litres wink

Checked and gauged all tyres INCLUDING spare tyre ( funny most people don't ever remember to check or gauge spare tyres UNTIL it's time to use them grin > grin.

Checked my tool box, portable tyre inflator, fire extinguisher, Torchlight, All in order.

Let me catch some more sleep: Keep you. posted wink

bookmarked already,
Oblo, I'm not too sure your recommended engine oil is 20w50, however, I stand to be corrected. Pls go thru your owners manual and mitsubishi's fan club to get morw info.

Side note: so you sef dey run because of election cheesy

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. by oblo(m): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
dumo1:
May God bebwith you and your family on this journey. And May he grant you journey mercies to reach your destination safely. Amen.
warriiboguy:
Safe trip. Keep us posted. Snap as much u can. And pls let ur wife do d snapping if d car is in motion.

Thanks for the prayers. I really really appreciate. wink God bless.

lomomike:

bookmarked already,
Oblo, I'm not too sure your recommended engine oil is 20w50, however, I stand to be corrected. Pls go thru your owners manual and mitsubishi's fan club to get morw info.
Side note: so you sef dey run because of election cheesy

Da Boss Lomomike.. I still get the manual here make i go recheck am ? Will make a snap shot lets run through it together I might have miss interpreted it oo grin grin

Erm....Me run? from election?? haa... nooo ..i just pack some house valuables comot house put for that back bucket of moto ni oo....na easter we go spend ooo smiley smiley smiley Who said anythinng about probable violence tommorow ? Abeg o,, Its going to be very peacefull. Amen!

Ehen ...back to the matter........

We got to onitsha at about 7.45 ( Madam dey inside moto with me and bomboy...erm..so no racing...not a good idea at all especially in this moto) and the roads were as free since it was still quite early....No wahala at all from any quarter ie...area boys, LGA Emblem boys,( My car carries a commercial plate number) angry am sure some of you understand what i mean! grin grin

Meanwhile i had commisioned Madam to take pics ......we still on that matter lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed still scrambling her fone to know where she snap am put... na only 2 i don see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

will upload ASAP abeg make una no vez. wink

Wen i passed God is Good park at the Asaba end of the Niger bridge omo...I no see single bus o and people berekete outside and inside....(Lomomike..no be only me dey waka o) grin

The stretch from Asaba to Benin was sweet! because by 10 am or so we had landed Benin...Popped in to see an uncle( we all have them scatterd every where abi>? grin) and by 11.30 we took off again from the Sapele road end inside Benin....joined up to the benin bypass and continued onwards.

Leme go eat first abeg BRB I am farmished... na my pickin Bobo(Milk shake@ Oyinbo tinz tongue) i dey drink since.....The dude don dey eye me one kind cheesy cheesy cheesy

NB: Abeg some one called just now from the nairaland family to confirm if I actually arrived safely!!! shocked shocked Omo I shock o...we are indeed a family here. The guy take him time locate my other treads get where I put my number call me. Thanks a lot bro. God bless you mucho mucho. You join make my day

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is Mazda 3 2008 Model Good For Uber? / Today Is My Road Worthness Test But That Area Gets Flooded. Can I Reschedule It / Very neat Gulf 3 year 2000 with Alloy Rims For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.