Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. (4840 Views)

Embark’s Truck Completes 2400mi Trip From LosAngeles To Florida Without A Driver / Lagos To Zaria Road Trip (with Pics) / Best Route: Owerri To Abuja Road Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 9:33am On May 17, 2016
I was supposed to post this last Thursday morning but for some reasons my network was misbehaving and message couldn't be posted.

Set out date: Thursday may 12 2016
Car: 2005 Honda accord i4
Time: 6:30am.

Work done one car:

Changed the right shaft
Changed ball joints to avoid stories that touch (its a Honda lol).
Changed all brake pads

Changed downstream o2 sensor because I was getting p0138 o2 sensor circuit high voltage and p2271 o2 sensor signal stuck rich. I was getting erratic fuel economy and car was sluggish. After changing things went to normal, drove in Lagos for 2 days light didn't come back.

Car is in factory specs, radiators, fans, etc are factory spec.

Stay tuned for updates.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 9:36am On May 17, 2016
My instrument cluster in the morning before leaving. Yes I know my abs light is on, been trying to solve this but couldn't get it fixed before trip so I'll tackle it on my return. Trip A rest to 0.0 so I can monitor my total distance traveled.

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Baylam(m): 9:37am On May 17, 2016
Space Booked, This land is not for sale beware of 19teen
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 9:38am On May 17, 2016
Early morning Lagos traffic. I left home 6:30am.. I should have left earlier to avoid this.

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Readonee35L(m): 9:41am On May 17, 2016
grin
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 17, 2016
Readonee35L:
grin
I don siddon put 4 here with my mat. waiting for updates.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Readonee35L(m): 1:11pm On May 17, 2016
dumo1:

I don siddon put 4 here with my mat. waiting for updates.
You just thy come,
We dn they here roughly 4hours grin,
But na only you waka come?

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by oblo(m): 2:00pm On May 17, 2016
grin
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by kingreign(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2016
Uncle gazzuzz, come see another [size=1pt]ajala the traveller[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by timilehing(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2016
Seasonal travellers sha. . . How do someone who travels daily have time to post about the trip undecided
I covers >1000km weekly, I think I should have a thread too tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by king406(m): 3:40pm On May 17, 2016
timilehing:
Seasonal travellers sha.
How do someone who travels daily have time to post about the trip undecided

wow from where to where? And which car?
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 17, 2016
Readonee35L:

You just thy come,
We dn they here roughly 4hours grin,
But na only you waka come?
Na only me Waka come brother. How's your day going? I like the interior of your honda accord by the way, the vehicle still looks so new abi na pamper u dey pamper the car na why e still fine like that.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Readonee35L(m): 4:18pm On May 17, 2016
dumo1:

Na only me Waka come brother. How's your day going? I like the interior of your honda accord by the way, the vehicle still looks so new abi na pamper u dey pamper the car na why e still fine like that.
That car had like Zero Zero Mileage when picture was taken (2013), it was brand new. The vehicle belongs to a friend .
Everything is fine my brother.
The day is going smooth
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:21pm On May 17, 2016
kingreign:
Uncle gazzuzz, come see another [size=1pt]ajala the traveller[/size]

I de watch am with side eye wink

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3554500_giphy_giff78492f0513c659e69dab2e47f567202

2 Likes

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Inception(m): 4:52pm On May 17, 2016
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=45709782]

I de watch am with side eye wink

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3554500_giphy_giff78492f0513c659e69dab2e47f567202 [/quo
As new engine fit dey in loading grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by kingreign(m): 5:35pm On May 17, 2016
[quote author=Inception post=45710652][/quote]

shocked :oBad belle tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by rodbel(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2016
Spreads mat.

Update pls!!!
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 17, 2016
UPDATE.

From ijebu ode to ore was rough, that road needs serious work. U can't go more than 50km/hr on most parts. I was lucky there was no traffic though as people that traveled the previous day experienced serious traffic. Also same normal thing... Lots or check points going while little or no police checkpoints on the other side of the road. I wonder why it is like that.

I think the main cause of traffic on that road is drivers driving against traffic. There was a time i traveled that road and spent 3 hours stuck to one spot. Reason? Just because a driver decided to take one way, then Every other driver will follow, then people driving through one way trying to overtake each other thereby taking up 2 lanes and the whole thing getting jammed up. This happens a lot on this road. Both sides of the roads are bad, there will be less traffic if drivers maintain their own side of the road in my opinion.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 17, 2016
Terrible state of ijebu ode - ore road.

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 17, 2016
Finally good road. Wow... Sigh of relief from ore to Benin.

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 17, 2016
timilehing:
Seasonal travellers sha.
How do someone who travels daily have time to post about the trip undecided

Ha ha. For some people it is a big deal. (Or maybe not ). U travel that long on a weekly basis because u have to. I can't just put my car on a long distance every week just for the need of it do I ? Last year I went to owerri from Lagos 3 times. This is my first time this year SBD that's the farthest distance I've traveled driving myself.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 17, 2016
Dang... My check engine light came on after getting to ore. Scanned it and it is that dreaded p0139 o2 sensor circuit slow response. I hate this light... I just changed the damn o2 sensor. Gazzuzz Abeg can u shed more lights on this. Car has become a little sluggish and it is wasting fuel.

I cleared the code and continued after a few minutes, car was working like normal again.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 17, 2016
It felt good driving on good roads from ore to Benin. Maximum speed 130km/hr. Omo I have become so slow oh. I use to do 170km/hr on this road with same car. Maybe because I have my family in my car Lol. Life is precious.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 17, 2016
Well, enjoying that good road lasted only about 20km. Just about 1km ahead there was thick heavy smoke, looks like a tanker just caught fire. This is fresh as the smoke was very thick and vigorous. Road was shut down. No vehicle coming no vehicle going. Everything was at a stand still.. Nobody dares go near that fire.

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 17, 2016
More... I had to get out of my car about 1 km away from the fire to try get a glimpse of what was going on.

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:07pm On May 17, 2016
greenhulk:
Dang... My check engine light came on after getting to ore. Scanned it and it is that dreaded p0139 o2 sensor circuit slow response. I hate this light... I just changed the damn o2 sensor. Gazzuzz Abeg can u shed more lights on this. Car has become a little sluggish and it is wasting fuel.

I cleared the code and continued after a few minutes, car was working like normal again.

faulty O2 sensor.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by timilehing(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2016
king406:
Toyoace G25 /Toyota Tundra/Camry orobo.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Stancity(m): 8:40pm On May 17, 2016
Watching closely.... Engnr Mike.... cool
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by LongJohnS: 10:44pm On May 17, 2016
Thread Stalker spotted.
shocked kiss
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 17, 2016
greenhulk i do hope you are not driving and taking pics and I presume you are using a dash camera.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Liljeez(m): 5:45am On May 18, 2016
king406:
You mean....which fuel?
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Owerri And Back. by Liljeez(m): 5:49am On May 18, 2016
timilehing:
Toyoace G25 /Toyota Tundra/Camry orobo.
Na u b Toyota oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue / Honda C-RV SUV Club / 10 Tips To Elongate The Lifespan Of Your Diesel Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.