Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Before You Vote, Read This: - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Before You Vote, Read This: (432 Views)

Why Didn't You Vote?"trump Lashes Out At The Millions Of Pple Who are Protesting / Will you vote for Donald Trump for 5000$,black Americans react (snapshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Vote, Read This: by boluyongp(m): 6:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Fellow compatriots,

After all the electioneering campaigns, propaganda, spendings and meetings, it all boils down to we the people. This proves that this election is not about a person or a politician, it is all about us. Now the future of our nation is in our hands, our nation once again is now as tiny as a thumb and whatever decision we make with our thumb will determine the destiny of our country. What saddens me most in the course of these campaigns is some of my conversation with people, I could see that some have totally given up on their own country, some are perplexed, some apathetic and others bigoted, blurred by the shades of religion and tribe. Some citizens are colonialists of their own nation who would rather enjoy the fruit of the land and stay in the comfort of a foreign land when it matters most, others stand aloof abroad without offering any form of support, interest or solicitude to motherland. To those on ground, they are the real McCoy that must spearhead the change towards a new Nigeria; but one simple question I have is this: If God asks you to defend your vote, what would be your defence? Now, before you vote, let me remind you, your hand which hosts your thumb is made by God and remember we will all give account of the works of our hands. Yes, we will give account of the works of our hand and voting is one of them. Did the party or person you chose to thumb for lead the nation to destruction or salvation?, you will give this account of your choice. I considered for a second how I would defend my vote peradventure I'm ever asked by the supreme being, I then began to explore the past events and the current situation of the nation. I first considered the first option, the incumbent government and then a few events flashed through my mind instantly: the Chibok girls, Boko Haram insurgency, 20 Billion Naira missing, Empty national reserves, Naira devaluation, Epileptic power supply, Immigration employment deaths, Pension fund scam, SURE-P scam, Excessive borrowing, Inclusion in OIC, South Africa arms deal, Embarrassing phone call with Moroccan king, Victimisation of Justice Salami and Sanusi Lamido, Presidential pardon, Ekiti Gate, Propagandas, Bribery of men of God, traditional rulers and militant groups etc all within 6 years; and then, I considered the second option, in his time he tackled corruption by changing the mode of the currency after politicians stole heavily from the preceding government, instilled public discipline, built roads and schools with oil money, never joined OIC even as a Muslim in the interest on equity and justice, built oil refineries, turned down IMF loans and proposals to devalue the Naira etc, these on the contrary he did in less than 2 years. From this instance, I noticed that the more time one candidate spends in office, the more evil is likely to be perpetuated while the other is more likely to do good with more time at hand. I can trust Nigeria in the hands of General Muhammadu Buhari better than Goodluck Jonathan and if the good Lord chooses to ask me to defend my decision to vote for him, I think I would have some points I can make. I may not be voting a perfect man but one thing I am quite certain about is that I am not using the thumb God has given me to put to destruction the nation HE placed in my care; both of which I am accountable to HIM for.

Having said all these, I am not asking you to vote for any candidate, I only shared my thoughts with you, you have your own conscience and your choice to make, whoever you know will save this country, between you and your God, vote for him; but be prepared to give account of your handiwork.
Re: Before You Vote, Read This: by ojayfrancis(m): 6:02am On Mar 27, 2015
Sai buhari

(1) (Reply)

Question- Who Do You Think Will Win The Election / At Least Two Shot As Guinea Protest Turns Violent / Two Protestors Shot Dead In Burundi - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.