Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.27th.march.2015 | Not At Will. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.27th.march.2015 | Not At Will. (454 Views)

January 27th Keeps Ringing Bells In My Head – Prophet Emmanuel Omale / Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Protected From Armed Robbery / Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.8th.may.2015 | Wordfare! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.27th.march.2015 | Not At Will. by ComeBackHome: 6:49am On Mar 27, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | FRI.MARCH.27th 2015

NOT AT WILL | 1 Corinthians 12: 7 & 11 (TM)

“Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people (1 Corinthians 12: 7)”

"All these gifts have a common origin, but are handed out one by one by the one Spirit of God. He decides who gets what, and when (1 Corinthians 12: 11)”

Recalled from yesterday's Capsule, scripturally, we saw that there are just Nine (9) Gifts of the Holy Spirit and it is still the same Spirit of God at work. Please, kindly re-visit yesterday's Capsule if you need to.

Today, we are addressing two important things - How the Gifts are been administered or dispensed; and their intentions.

Let's begin with these two QUESTIONS:

1). Can one manifest in 'ALL' or 'ANY' of these Nine (9) Gifts at ‘WILL’?

2). Are these ‘Gifts’ meant for individuals' personal profits/benefits?

ANSWER: Let’s see what the scriptures say about the two questions.

In related to where this Nine (9) Gifts of the Holy Spirit were mentioned - 1 Corinthian 12: 1 – 12, there are two phrases that will help us to do a great justice to the subject matter today.

The phrases are: ‘TO PROFIT ALL’ (1 Corinthian 12: 7) and ‘AS HE WILLS’ (1 Corinthian 12: 11)

In 1 Corinthian 12: 7, the original Greek translations rendered the phrase ‘TO PROFIT ALL’ as ‘TO PROFIT’. In other words ‘ALL’ wasn't part of the original script. It was bible translators that added it. This is why the word ‘of all’ in New king James is italicized, though, it helps to render the passage the way it should be - "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit 'of all' (NKJV).

I said all that to take us to how the word ‘PROFIT’ is been rendered in Greek in 1 Corinthian 12: 7.

‘sumpherō’ (soom-fer'-o) portrays ‘PROFIT’ in Greek. This point towards; bear together (contribute), that is, (literally) to collect, or (figuratively) to conduce; advantageously: Be better for, bring together, be expedient (for), be good, (be) profit (-able for).

Furthermore, ‘WILLS’ in 1 Corinthian 12: 11 is ‘Boulomai’ (boo'-lom-ahee) in Greek. This depicts a primary verb; to “WILL”, that is, be willing: be disposed, minded, intended, list (BE, OF OWN).

Affirmatively, considering these two Greek words critically, we have answers to the above question:

QUESTION 1:

Can one manifest in 'ALL' or 'ANY' of these Nine Gifts at ‘WILL’?

1 Corinthians 12: 11 (KJV) | “But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He ‘Wills’ – ‘boo'-lom-ahee’ (Greek): be, of own His Own – the Spirit's WILL. The ‘He’ that precedes ‘WILL’ refers to the Spirit in the same passage – Holy Spirit.

The Message (TM) renders it better, “All these gifts have a common origin, but are handed out one by one by the one Spirit of God. HE DECIDES WHO GETS WHAT, AND WHEN.

The answer is typical capital “NO”. In other words, it is as prompted/quickened/inspired by the Holy Spirit.

QUESTION 2:

Are these ‘Gifts’ meant for individual personal profit/benefits?

1 Corinthians 12: 11 (KJV) | “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to ‘Profit’ –‘soom-fer'-o’ (Greek): bear together (contribute), figuratively, be better for, bring together, be expedient (for), be good, (be) profit (-able for).

The Message (TM) renders it better also, “Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people.

Answer is also a capital “NO”.

This literary depict the fact that these 'Gifts' aren’t meant for our personal profit/benefits. It is for the benefit of all. Anyone manifesting in all or any of this gifts to enrich his/herself at the expense of other believers' profit/benefits aren't doing so from the bible.

Clear enough.

Dearly beloved, these ‘Gifts’ are inspired as needed by the Holy Ghost for the ‘Profit’ – soom-fer'-o (Greek) of all of us. He knows where they are needed.

It not our job to suggest what gift to operate in. Our job is to be available. Holy Spirit decides what gift is needed to meet a particular needs and the vessel to use. Absolutely, it isn't bad to desire any of these gifts, however, their administration is still as the Spirit Wills.

NOW, SAY | The gifts of the Spirit isn't at my Will but His. And not for my personal profit but for all.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I see the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in my life as I consciously see Him as He is – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

9 Things You Need To Know About Palm (passion) Sunday / The Dangers Of Complaining. / The Resurrection Of Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.