Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Visafone Internet Configuration! Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Visafone Internet Configuration! Help (24646 Views)

Anybody With Glo Internet Configuration Setting For Non-glo Modem / Visafone Internet / Visafone Internet Connection! Any Hope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by Doncontra(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2009
Please does anyone know how to setup the Visafone internet connection on XP, what will be the username and password?
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by inze(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2009
Install the modem driver first,
plug the modem to the system (in some case, mobile phone serves as the modem)
From Control Panel, Select Network and Internet Connection
Network Connection
"Create a new connection"
A dialog comes up and click ""Connect to the Internet"
Next Page, select "Setup my connection manually"
Next Page, Select "Connect using dial up modem"
Next Page " Type any name "might be Visafone"
Next Page "Phone number" there you enter "#777"
Username "that where u put your phone number in this format "123456789@visafone.com.ng"
password: "this should be your phone number alone" No @visafone
Confirm Password

Thats all,

Then go to your desktop, if you've selected create a shortcut and double click on "Visafone" or whatever name u gave to it.
Select connect or dial.
Then u 're up to go, if you've been activated n their network.

Have any probs, report back here
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by dipo2much(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2009
go to the nearest visafone office
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by cvibe: 3:52pm On Jan 21, 2009
Visit their website.
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by sunboy(m): 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2009
How is Visafone`s connection how good is it please i need info.
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by beecrofty(m): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2009
@me luv
then why do you call it free, when i pay into your account, how would i get my money back if it doesnt work, and how do you connect me once i pay?

[size=2pt]Thief.[/size]
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by Jaybaba(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2009
@ MeLuv, who told you cafes buy bandwidth for N15,000 per month.
Only Dial up connections are within that range.
Bandwidths are charged based on up/download bits per second and the rates differ from one isp to another.

This your plan is unpractical, will not work and is absolutely nothing but a scam.
Such knowledge should be kept to yourself if you truly have it.
It is criminal for you to teach people who to rob internet access.
This is a public forum where positive knowledge should be shared not how to browse without paying.
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by Hollysmile: 10:09pm On Jan 22, 2009
bone head! what if call an internet robber?
i advice you try something worthwhile, dan try YAHOOLIZING your fellow Nigerians.
call me on this number, "0806Enugwu!"
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by topkin(m): 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2009
Wayo, 419, Ole, Thief, Barawo. . . . angry
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by exduff112: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2009
You can get the zain illegal browsing manual and make your money back a day by connecting for others and also using it for your online business, with the zain illegal browsing you can browse anysite,check any mail like yahoomail,gmail,hotmail etc and you can also chat right from your house using yahoomessenger and others so hurry no.

I am offering this for only two thousand naira (#1,500) you can call me on 08059517843.

profitzweekly@yahoo.com
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by ojevwe20: 4:13am On Jan 24, 2009
Am precious by name i can make your visa phone brows free and make call free all so MTN phone I can make it make free call open line
that is the new code i have just got any one need it let me no here is my cell no 08039114254 but not I don’t give it out for free it take me money to get it ok so any one need it will have to pay
my email benfed00@yahoo.com

Free visa phone browsing with your computer is 2000k

To make MTN make free cal 247 is 5000k

Why the new MTN shit it 1000k

To open your visa phone line free for call 247 is 5000k
I have all the code

Any one need it cell me am sorry to give you my price but I did not get it for free if i give you can give to any one so pay as you go
I don’t load my line
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by ojevwe20: 4:23am On Jan 24, 2009
Hello guys have the new MTN link for browsing free am give it out cheap prize of 1000k
If you need it cal me 08039114254
my email benfed00@yahoo.com
Precious OJ
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by Engrbatu(m): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2009
Nothing is new on the earth so as for those that need the zain free browsing just send a text to Engineerbatu4world@yahoo.com and you will be giving the trick for free. I say it again for free am giving it out. And the visa trick all for free and giving it out . And soon am gonna build a site and put everything there for you!
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by Engrbatu(m): 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2009
Nothing is new on the earth so as for those that need the zain free browsing just send a text to Engineerbatu4world@yahoo.com and you will be giving the trick for free. I say it again for free am giving it out. And the visa trick all for free and giving it out . And soon am gonna build a site and put everything there for you!
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
inze:

Install the modem driver first,
plug the modem to the system (in some case, mobile phone serves as the modem)
From Control Panel, Select Network and Internet Connection
Network Connection
"Create a new connection"
A dialog comes up and click ""Connect to the Internet"
Next Page, select "Setup my connection manually"
Next Page,  Select "Connect using dial up modem"
Next Page " Type any name "might be Visafone"
Next Page "Phone number" there you enter "#777"
Username "that where u put your phone number in this format "123456789@visafone.com.ng"
password: "this should be your phone number alone" No @visafone
Confirm Password

Thats all,

Then go to your desktop, if you've selected create a shortcut and double click on "Visafone" or whatever name u gave to it.
Select connect or dial.
Then u 're up to go, if you've been activated n their network.

Have any probs, report back here   

[size=14pt]How much does this cost per kilobytes or per week or month if i'm to use it 24/7?

Any One who has Free Internet Browsing Setting for Visaphone to sell should call me on 07035446654. Pls serious business [/size]
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 25, 2009
just got Visafone 1x 24-7 surfing in Jos. not too impressed so far. Starcomms in Abuja performed better over a year ago.

can only hope things get better.

all Visafone users should please share their experiences.
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by donjon: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2009
Visafone is fast in ogun state! With data card, all time surfer for about 9000 naira a month
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by iGuru1(m): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2009
@poster
Why don't you throw away your visafone, because i just got a new settings for your-freedom on starcomm and multilink phones.
Also including zain,glo,mtn and etisalat.
Any question, contact me on 08081379755.
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by bigfat01: 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2012
any update on visafone ?i want to purchase what network like...location ebute metta...
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by FarscapeR: 1:59am On Apr 29, 2012
I used visafone in 2010 then decided the speed (300kpbs, not KiloBytes per sec, but kilobits per sec) was too slow to maintain my subscription, and went back to using MTN. Now, MTN isn't perfect, and can be maddeningly frustrating, but I could get speeds in the 2 Mbps range on the night plan. A couple of weeks back, a visafone customer rep called me to inform me that the network had been upgraded, and now has higher speeds reaching 3 Mbps. It seemed to make sense, and because my folks all use iPads, it made more sense to switch to a router and by a plan for that, which visafone had. So, I went to the visafone office in Gwarinpa and spoke to another customer rep. I asked her repeatedly to ensure that the speeds had in fact improved, and she assured me repeatedly that they were consistently in the 2.4-2.9 Mbps range. Convinced, I returned and bought the modem/router and a 20GB plan (No Refunds). I came home and found out it's still the same 300kbps speed as before.

I went back and complained that this wasn't what they'd promised, but the woman said it was probably downtime, and she herself was having problems browsing. She told me to give it another 24 hours before making up my mind. Of course, I was already skeptical, but I did what she asked and returned the next day, having had the same speed as before. This time, one of their engineers was there and let it slip that the speed is capped at 300kbps. Then they started claiming that it's the device that is capable of 3.1 Mbps and that only wimax service providers gave anything in the 2 Mbps. I was enraged. Why would I buy a service for what the device can offer but not the network?

Now 300kbps is fine for everyday browsing, but try upgrading your iPad OS at that speed, or downloading video and software. Even the router they sold me runs out of power after heavy use and has to shut down even while plugged in to a power source.

So if you've seen the new posters from visafone offering 3.1 Mbps speeds, or gotten a call from a customer rep about their upgrades, and are considering buying their Internet service because of this, pull your ears and run. It's a dirty lie and needs to be called out for what it is.

For clarification:
8 bits = 1 Byte

300 Kbps = 38 KB/s max
2.1 Mbps = 260 KB/s max
3.1 Mbps = 380 KB/s max
Re: Visafone Internet Configuration! Help by eojoshua: 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
i have a wireless router and ec177 hawuei visafone modem. The modem is browsing on one system but could not browse on others when shared

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Best Antivirus In The World / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.