Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,753 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv (21255 Views)

Why Do 2.2 Graduates Smartly Omit Their Grades On Their Cvs / Pushcv Stage 3: Who Passed & Who Got Disqualified? / PushCv Elite Employee Quest [Stage 2] - Career Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by pumpingmachine: 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
In response to a thread on Nairaland referring to PushCV’s elite programme as a scheme, the startup as explained why it is asking users to pay to have their CVs rewritten by the company.

In an exclusive interview with Innovation Village, Odunayo Eweniyi, Co-Founder of PushCV, said the company is charging its users that are making use of its premium career services.

She said: “PushCV has 3 parties involved: the labor market, employers and PushCV itself. We provide value to job seekers by building them up and preparing them for employment. We charge them for career services. Employers trust PushCV to find the best fit for their vacancies from our pool of qualified and fully tested candidates.”

According to her, providing these services is the way the company is generating revenues.

She said: “We, as a company, make money from providing these services to job seekers. They are never charged for placement. What we charge for are the premium career services that we provide e,g CV rewriting and creation as well as taking some courses on our learning centre.

“Companies are charged for the provision of these candidates quickly and efficiently.

“In conclusion, we are a business. We make money from building employability; and all of our services are optional. Most of our revenue is from the companies that request for theses premium candidates.”

Source: http://innovation-village.com/why-we-charge-users-to-rewrite-their-cvs-pushcv/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by ucheheart(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Save the explanation jare. Where you work is where you must eat from. Nigerians don't like paying for genuine online services. They like being scammed.

51 Likes

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by DaPhilosopher(m): 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
hmmmm!

For me, KOBO dem no go get!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by Bigdreams(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
In providing assistance to anyone who desires to learn how to write a professional CV, please download a FREE copy of The Market Place Winning CV.

It's available for free at www.thesolutionpalace.com/cv

You can also read up job and career tips at www.thesolutionpalace.com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by prelinctus: 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
Pushcv is the biggest scam of 2015. Take it or leave it.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by SafetyFirst(m): 6:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
Well...
Thank God it's friday

1 Like

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by SafetyFirst(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
op

1 Like

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by dking123: 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
An employer that knows you paid some one else to write your cv may not want to employ you.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by ucheheart(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
then write it yourself, that is if you can.
dking123:
An employer that knows you paid some one else to write your cv may not want to employ you.

1 Like

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by dking123: 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2015
ucheheart:
then write it yourself, that is if you can.
lf you can't and don't want to learn then you are not employable.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by ucheheart(m): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
dking123:

lf you can't and don't want to learn then you are not employable.
since when did writing cv yourself become a condition for employment. All they are interested in is the info contained in the cv and not who wrote the cv after all, it's not handwritten. So if you can allow someone to type it for you then you can also allow a professional to write it for you before typing it.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
[size=20pt]SCAMMER ALERT..BEWARE[/size]

UnEmployed Desperate Graduates = 50,000,000 people
Price per CV + Favour = N 1,000

50,000,000 people * N 1000 = N 50 BILLION

SCAMMER ALERT..BEWARE

15 Likes

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
Really.
I m suspecting theses people

2 Likes

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by Maczeelly(m): 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
Watching ...............
Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by virginboy1(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
I wan vote for Change GodWin
Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by fulfillment2020(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
PushCV is not a charity organisation, most recruiting sites abroad have their premium service. Its either you choose free or paid service. People should stop whining. Dude have to make some dough in order to keep the service running. Una wan get paid job but una no wan make the brain behind your dream job chop, selfish people angry .

22 Likes

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by kekakuz(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
I just tire
a beg who he paracetamol there
Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
Is simply because Nigerians are desperate for jobs like they are desperate for change.
Sai Buhari till Igbos stop agitating desperately for East west road.
Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by umarc19: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
What is PushCv again undecided ?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by omanifrank(m): 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
so
Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
No way for buhari

Gej till I die

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by Dottore: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
I see
Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by Dragonking: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
Forget pushcv and vote for GEJ to get jobs.

1 Like

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by tola9ja: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
am going to polling boot tomorrow without bathing Just because I want change in my country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by rattlesnake(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by tola9ja: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
INEC chairman will announced GENERAL
MUHAMMADU BUHARI as winner of
presidential election which wil come up
tommorow with d vote of 37,000 000,436
votes while goodluck jonathan of PDP has d
vote of 21,000 000 122 votes I now declear
general muhammadu Buhari as d winner,if u
beleive dis type Ameen.

8 Likes

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by VickyRotex(f): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
I knew they d later come out to defend themselves undecided

Well it doesnt matter... Peeps, upload your own Pro CV and have a healthy self esteem, trust yourself...

Wonder what they are constructing for you, that you cant construct for yourself, or make use of free online guides.

Well, good thing they made it optional...

My own opinion tho...

You could still go ahead and pay, its your money, not mine...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by joystickextendr: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
okay

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by HoneySwag(f): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
E
Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by notformealone: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
Who are those complaining? Nigerians like free things ...... anything free is not worth it.... If you want the best of service pay for it...

1 Like

Re: Why We Charge Users To Rewrite Their Cvs – Pushcv by kibo: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
I think it is wrong to say negative things about an enterprise because they requested pay for a service on an optional basis.

As long as people are NOT FORCED to pay a certain fee to proceed to the next level, then people should should cut these fellows some slack.

A lot of people come up here and say careless and raunchy comments about the same people you think can help broker a job for you with a prospective employer.

This is unfair on the part of people who have invested a lot of hard work to make this possible.

N:B: I dont work for PUSHCV.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Re: My Friend's Interview Experience In Lekki / BBC World Service Nationwide Recruitment 2017 (28 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.