Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Who Do I Trust? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do I Trust? (502 Views)

Hardmirror's PROOF That CHRISTIANS Don't Trust God / Download Free Gospel Music: James Fortune & FIYA - I Trust You / Why Should I Trust The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Do I Trust? by adeademolaa(m): 12:16pm On Mar 28, 2015
WHO DO I TRUST?

I like how Arcus Dictionary define 'Trust'.It says: 'Trust as a complete confidence in a person or plan ''.
Trust is one of the most powerful word,one of the best traits any individual should possess. Its so powerful that we spend weeks,months and years to build,but it takes just minutes to destroy. A man once said something about trust. He said 'trust is like an eraser,it decreases as mistakes are made''.
But you will agree with me that its difficult to trust,not in this very planet,not in this generation. You have at one time experience the bitter side of it. We suffer great setback due to our dependability on others(trust). Most times we decide within ourselves ''I WILL NEVER EVER TRUST AGAIN''. We habour this inside of us that we dont let others into our live. But the truth is,life becomes even more difficult to live without it.
Have been in this world for quite some time. And i must tell you have learnt one or two things about trust. That:
* Trust is mostly earned

* Trust is all about the trustees peronalty

* Trust solidifies if expectations are always met.

* Trust is built and maintained by many small actions over time.

* Trust is not a matter of
technique, tricks, or tools but of character.

* We are trusted because of ourway of being.

* And the best way to know if to trust is to trust anyway.
Now listen,for you to find someone trustworthy,you must be someone who can be trusted. You must possess whatever you cherish in the other person. The question now is ''can you be trusted ?''. I dont need you answer the question,rather i would like others to answer it in your stead.
Trust consist of : COMPETENCY,CONSISTENCY and CHARACTER...With these three qualities,one can know who to trust and who not to trust. Lets look at them one after the other:
¤ COMPETENCY :
Let me ask 'would you board a plane whose pilot is just handling the steering for the first time? Did i hear you say ''No'? But why? Because he is not competent enough,because he lacks the experience,skills and so on. Thats how trust works.
Trust is built and maintained by many small actions over time. Have you at one time or the other tried him/her out to see if he can be trusted? If he/she is competent?. With this,you can look out for the red light.

¤ CONSISTENCY:
The scorpion doesnt bite just because he was told, but because its his habit....Is he/she persistent? Is there anything like continuity in his disposition? you wont like to trust a chameleonic individual.

¤ CHARACTER:
This include traits such as integrity,loyalty,that he or she is dependable and that he or she has my interest at heart (versus just his or her own interests).
Hence,if all these are rooted in that person and still he or she defiles your trust in him/her,then you should not make it hard on yourself . You want to know why?. Hmm,because thats mens nature,so dont expect anything less than what they've done. Even the scripture said;
''What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him, and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him''.
However i know of someone who meets all the aforementioned qualities.His name? Its God.He has never failed and never will He. Therefore to answer the question on Who to trust.I would say ''TRUST GOD''

Writer
Ademola Sayo

(1) (Reply)

I May Never See Tomorrow / Church Disconnects Power Outlets To Prevent People From Charging / No Marriage Because I Am A Catholic By Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.