Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Say 'no' To Post-election Violence. Sai One Nigeria! - Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Say 'no' To Post-election Violence. Sai One Nigeria! - Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu (444 Views)

My Husband Beats Me With Cutlass; Targeting My Eyes- Domestic Violence Victim / Marriage - There's No 'osu' Caste Or 'diala' Today - Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu / (photo): Can You Try This Healing Technique? (copied From: Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Say 'no' To Post-election Violence. Sai One Nigeria! - Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by exposureworld: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2015
Message From Mr. Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu (Nigerian-born Motivational Speaker and Founder Imoonline Youth Entrepreneurship Development Program) To Nigerians on the March 28, Elections.

Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu:
Nigeria, Though Tribal Tongues May Differ, In Brotherhood We Stand

My friend who saw my earlier post asked why I have not been too excited about the on-going Nigeria's elections today. I reiterated my points earlier:

1). None of the two main presidential candidates has a feasible, actionable manifesto to guide my choice. Their campaign has all been about who’s older and who’s younger; who’s healthier and who’s not, who comes from where and who worships where, etc. Did anyone expect me to choose a candidate based on those mundane issues?

2). History has shown that no matter how the election turns out, no matter who wins, every smart man/woman should be indoors thinking of his/her safety by Sunday morning, when the usual attacks and reprisal attacks start. Your safety comes first. No Nigerian politician is worth dieing for.

3). After May 29, corruption and looting will continue, unemployment will continue, power generation will nose-dive further, strikes and industrial actions will resume due to unpaid workers’ salaries. The ‘big boys’ and their ‘girls’ will continue to live big off constituency allowances that are larger than the US president’s salary. They will amass wealth abroad, travel abroad to treat themselves when they are sick while others die needlessly in poorly equipped public hospitals.

I love the passion, but don’t be naïve. Exercise your civic obligation as a citizen, vote your conscience, afterwards go home and rest. Remember whoever won the election will, as usual, condole with the families that may lose people in the elections and make big promises on compensation. Afterwards life goes on, the looting continues.

All I want is my own dear native land, though tribal tongues may differ, yet in brotherhood we stand. A country, where the citizenry will be proud to serve their sovereign motherland. Whoever shall foment the disintegration of Nigeria and blood strife shall be disintegrated first, and their own blood shall water the road to our freedom.

Say 'No' to post-election violence. Sai one Nigeria!- strong and indivisible post-election Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Ernest And Crew Fumigation/cleaning Services / Are Your Days Unorganized? See 10 Ways To Get Things Done Faster / Celine Cabas To Do This When

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.