Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Born To A Religion! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born To A Religion! (438 Views)

How To Invent A Religion / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born To A Religion! by steffans(m): 8:13am On Mar 29, 2015
I have always wondered..

If I was born to Islamic parents.. I could have been a Muslim..
Now that I am born to a Christian home.. And I enjoy every bit of the religion I was born into..

But I always ask my self.. What if the reverse was the case??

Because most of the people on earth now are in the religion they are in because they were born into it..

Now the question is.. Can someone just change his religion bcuz he/she feels he was born into a wrong religion??
Re: Born To A Religion! by johnydon22(m): 8:29am On Mar 29, 2015
If you were born were they were born and taught what they were taught you would believe what they believe... it's called child indoctrination and thats the only thing that keeps religion, without child indoctrination religion would die off..

If ur parents waited till you are 21 to teach you that death and sin entered the world because two naked people ate an apple in a beautiful unexistent garden, You wouldn't have believed that crap.

4 Likes

Re: Born To A Religion! by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 29, 2015
Yes but when you know the Truth the Truth shall set you free.
Re: Born To A Religion! by Misogynist2014(m): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2015
steffans:
I have always wondered..

If I was born to Islamic parents.. I could have been a Muslim..
Now that I am born to a Christian home.. And I enjoy every bit of the religion I was born into..

But I always ask my self.. What if the reverse was the case??

Because most of the people on earth now are in the religion they are in because they were born into it..

Now the question is.. Can someone just change his religion bcuz he/she feels he was born into a wrong religion??

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32
Re: Born To A Religion! by steffans(m): 10:46am On Mar 29, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Requirements For Waiting On God / Giving Dimensions / Ramadan Kareem: Share These As Gifts For Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.