Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing (4219 Views)

Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres / Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / DIY: Replacing Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 On A V6 1998 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 9:01am On Mar 29, 2015
So I threw in stabilizer bushing kit with the oxygen sensor (shown in a different thread). After replacement the handling of the car improved as well as a significantly reduced noice when driving over rough road surfaces
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2015
Front bushing (new)

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 9:05am On Mar 29, 2015
Rear bushing (new)

1 Like

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 9:10am On Mar 29, 2015
Car jacked up an supported on jackstands.
Tire removed

1 Like

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by chukel(m): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2015
Please where did u buy this moog bushing. I hope it's in naija. Can't do amazon things with this exchange rate
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2015
chukel:
Please where did u buy this moog bushing. I hope it's in naija. Can't do amazon things with this exchange rate

I got it from amazon, but you can also get other bushings here in naija
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2015
Old bushings in places

Sprayed with penetrating oil for easy removal of bolts

Removing the bolt

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by chukel(m): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2015
uwemjack:

I want something original I can trust. Please add pics of the new bushing after installation. My bushings look worse than ur old bushing
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2015
Old and new rear bushing side by side

new in place

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2015
I also took the opportunity as my wheels was down already to paint the brake calipers smiley

before pics undecided and after pic cool

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2015
chukel:
I want something original I can trust. Please add pics of the new bushing after installation. My bushings look worse than ur old bushing

bushings are small and cheap but you cant order just them from amazon as the cost of freight will be too much, so you have to throw it in as a add on item, pics posted
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2015
One of my front bushings was totally gone reason for the change, but its not pictured here because i did it last access was a PIDA angry

If you intend to paint your callipers be sure to tape the sliding pin boots, and the bleeding screw

questions and comments are welcomed

thank you for your time
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by calculation(m): 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
uwemjack:

Please am interested in knowing how you get you vehicle parts here in nigeria whenever you buy them on Amazon or ebay, because my vehicle is presently down due to the part not available since my search for it began here in naija. So help me because those parts were found on Amazon and ebay. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
For those asking how I bring in stuff I buy on amazon I use impex global, and shoptomydoor. Search on google can't post d links now.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by cmoney22222: 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
uwemjack:
http://www.shoptomydoor.com/

ttp://www.impexworldwide.com/

where can i get the bushing for toyota camry tinylite in nija pls
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
cmoney22222:
where can i get the bushing for toyota camry tinylite in nija pls

Its available in all the major spare part shops/location in naija. Ladipo and co
I saw at a shop on ibeju axis. Just ask at the shop and if they dont have they can direct you to where u can get, just describe it well or show them a picture.
cheers
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by calculation(m): 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2015
uwemjack:
http://www.shoptomydoor.com/

ttp://www.impexworldwide.com/

Thanks my Oga for the address. God bless u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by Piyke: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2015
Nice work man! What brand and model of car is this?
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
Piyke:
Nice work man! What brand and model of car is this?

Thanks boss! I want to be like you when I grow up cool been learning from your diy threads too.

1998 camry, V6 model
the one we call 'tiny light
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by cmoney22222: 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
uwemjack:

Thanks boss! I want to be like you when I grow up cool been learning from your diy threads too.

1998 camry, V6 model
the one we call 'tiny light
pls can you help me fix mine? Same car but the rear is having some sound on rough roadz.
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
cmoney22222:
pls can you help me fix mine? Same car but the rear is having some sound on rough roadz.

Sure I can help!
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
Bros, can you show me more pics of your concrete driveway?

I can't believe this is 9ja, the concrete work is very good.
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by cmoney22222: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
uwemjack:

Sure I can help!
bro, how can i reach you pls and where you based in lag. Perhaps we could test drive the car.
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
CityNG:

Yes boss, I will tomorrow.
There are many good, in fact far better done than mine right here in lagos
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
cmoney22222:
bro, how can i reach you pls and where you based in lag. Perhaps we could test drive the car.

where are u based and what is your normal route? we can arrange a meet.
but you should know that I am not a pro!

cheers
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by maxjax(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
I luv this piece.... Pls do u know to cost of buying a bushing for a Nissan primera '97 salon car?
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
maxjax:
I luv this piece.... Pls do u know to cost of buying a bushing for a Nissan primera '97 salon car?

You should be able to get a pair for 1k
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by cmoney22222: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
uwemjack:

where are u based and what is your normal route? we can arrange a meet.
but you should know that I am not a pro!

cheers
broz, am in surulere beside tejuosho. If you know where that is. Whats the cost of the bushing pls. The noise is just getting terrible
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 11:23am On Apr 03, 2015
cmoney22222:
broz, am in surulere beside tejuosho. If you know where that is. Whats the cost of the bushing pls. The noise is just getting terrible

lets chat on wassap nr in signature
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by cmoney22222: 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
uwemjack:

lets chat on wassap nr in signature
will call you thanks
Re: DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing by uwemjack(m): 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
CityNG:

there you go boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP Ford Edge 2008,toyota Highlander 2003, Or Acura Mdx 2005 / Project: Nissan Deisel Engine Conversion To Petrol / W203 To W204 Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.