Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. (1403 Views)

5 Ways Nigerians Can Save Money On Car Repairs / 6 Ways To Save Money On Car Expenses / I Need Help To Prevent Further Cracks On My Dashboard. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by morningsta(m): 11:04am On Mar 29, 2015
Hello NairaLanders, my car windscreen keeps cracking and the crack continues to expand by the day. How do I stop it please? Same thing is also happening to my 2nd car right now. Is there something I am doing wrong? Please help.
Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by dapsin999(m): 11:09am On Mar 29, 2015
Go to Ladipo market. It'll be stopped.
Reduce following heavy duty trucks carrying stuffs like granite, stones
When parked dont always wind up glassess completely especially during the day

1 Like

Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by html14java(f): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2015
Excessive galloping. Are u still a learner? Reduce your speeding to control continuous vibration.
Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 29, 2015
Do you wash your car during the day when the glass is hot?
Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:57am On Mar 29, 2015
Replace both of them, I don't belive in glass repair.

2 Likes

Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by morningsta(m): 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
html14java:
Excessive galloping. Are u still a learner? Reduce your speeding to control continuous vibration.
I am quite careful where the roads are bad. I doubt if overspeeding is a cause here, but thanks all the same.
Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by morningsta(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
dapsin999:
Go to Ladipo market. It'll be stopped.
Reduce following heavy duty trucks carrying stuffs like granite, stones
When parked dont always wind up glassess completely especially during the day

I have been careful not to wind up completely. I always leave a tiny space when I wind up.
Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by morningsta(m): 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
dicefrost:
Do you wash your car during the day when the glass is hot?

Washing cars in the hot sun can cause windscreen to crack? ok, noted and many thanks.
Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
morningsta:

Washing cars in the hot sun can cause windscreen to crack? ok, noted and many thanks.

Uwc. Its thermal expansion. When glass is heated up, it expands. If you pour cold water on it, it contracts unevenly making it to crack. (you ll notice it too if you pour hot tea in a glass tumbler) its best to wash in the morning when its all cool.

Its best to replace the damaged ones by the way

1 Like

Re: Causes And How To Prevent Cracks On Car Windscreen/windshields. by lonelydora: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Seconded. The only advice I go with.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Accord Vs City Vs Civic / How To Diagnose A Failing Alternator / Volkswagen Jetta And Volkswagen Passat Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.