Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. (4055 Views)

Whats Wrong With Simplepay? / What Is Wrong With Simplepay4u??? Payment Processing Help / Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by southwestngr: 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
SIMPLEPAY - simplepay4u.com has been hacked.

you can check the title bar and also my account on their site has been compromised.
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by Vinshu(f): 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by adewasco2k(m): 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
if true then its really bad of them, i blame them
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by yomalex(m): 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
Whaaaaat?
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by Vinshu(f): 1:39am On Mar 30, 2015
Sincerely, that site is insecure...

A Payment Processor at that.. lol grin

I won't put my money there for now...
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 31, 2015
Another disappointment from another Nigerian company.
@Adewasko, you see the reason why I don't use online services from Nigeria?

If you are serious about business, you better use Payza, or 2checkout, or better still get it from your local bank.
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by SimplePayMain: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2015
Thank you all for your comments.
At SimplePay, we take security very seriously. We are disturbed by these issues we find on sites like Nairaland. We keep all user data confidential and strive to make our users safer. Second, we just got funding, management expertise, and technology implementation from a Switzerland-based investing company. We are also about to close another round of funding from a Major Nigerian Bank. We count on the support of our users and merchanges to help us make payment hassles a thing of the past.

We do strive to make things better, and hopefully make Nigeria greater.

We are a proudly Nigerian company and we recommend Nigerian companies to every Nigerian.

SimplePay was never hacked, and we just migrated to a more robust server and Lagos HQ. Presently, we are putting things in place to make usability better as we are upgrading our plugins, API's, Mobile Apps and customisation of solutions for merchants.

After our migration, we will come out better and with great features, we believe you will love.

Regards,

SimplePay Limited
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by Vinshu(f): 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
daok:
Another disappointment from another Nigerian company.
@Adewasko, you see the reason why I don't use online services from Nigeria?

If you are serious about business, you better use Payza, or 2checkout, or better still get it from your local bank.

Obtaining a Merchant Account directly from the bank can be really tedious and expensive considering the amount of documentation required. Most of those Foreign Gateways also have their problems.. Google Search "2checkout Reviews" you would see so many bad reviews from those who have used 2checkout. Even my company has used 2checkout and we regretted it. We had over $20,000 USD in our account and 2checkout closed our account claiming our transactions were unauthorized. They had no proof of the claim but there was nothing we could do. We are in Lithuania, they are in USA so it was obviously impossible to Sue them or get to them easily.

So they got away with it.

So even 2checkout is worse! No one is perfect! I would not say all Nigerian Online Services are bad if everyone says they wont use Nigerian Services, Nigeria would not be ranked high when it comes to internet users.. Nigeria would be like those poor countries (internet wise) So you have to still patronize your country sometimes. You only go offshore when there is none available in your country.

My company used 2checkout because our country does not have payment networks yet.. Our country is the best in Web Hosting(60% Of Web Servers are in Lithuania) but worst in Payment Processing cry
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 01, 2015
Vinshu:

Obtaining a Merchant Account directly from the bank can be really tedious and expensive considering the amount of documentation required. Most of those Foreign Gateways also have their problems.. Google Search "2checkout Reviews" you would see so many bad reviews from those who have used 2checkout. Even my company has used 2checkout and we regretted it. We had over $20,000 USD in our account and 2checkout closed our account claiming our transactions were unauthorized. They had no proof of the claim but there was nothing we could do. We are in Lithuania, they are in USA so it was obviously impossible to Sue them or get to them easily.

So they got away with it.

So even 2checkout is worse! No one is perfect! I would not say all Nigerian Online Services are bad if everyone says they wont use Nigerian Services, Nigeria would not be ranked high when it comes to internet users.. Nigeria would be like those poor countries (internet wise) So you have to still patronize your country sometimes. You only go offshore when there is none available in your country.

My company used 2checkout because our country does not have payment networks yet.. Our country is the best in Web Hosting(60% Of Web Servers are in Lithuania) but worst in Payment Processing cry

My company uses 2checkout and Payza till date without any headache. Well, I don't know what you did to them but we've been using them and still using them without any single problem but if you are uncomfortable using any third-party payment solution, then you would better apply through your local bank than using an unreliable third-party merchant service provider. Remember we are talking about money and you have your customers to satisfy.

As for the hosting, Nigeria is a no-go area. Trust me, I've been developing websites for the past 8yrs and I've seen alot. I've used different Nigerian web hosting companies even the big ones. It's last two years that I stopped hosting my client's site with any Nigerian company.

I can say it again and again that Nigeria offer the worst customer service in terms of hosting.
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 01, 2015
daok:

My company uses 2checkout and Payza till date without any headache. Well, I don't know what you did to them but we've been using them and still using them without any single problem but if you are uncomfortable using any third-party payment solution, then you would better apply through your local bank than using an unreliable third-party merchant service provider. Remember we are talking about money and you have your customers to satisfy.

As for the hosting, Nigeria is a no-go area. Trust me, I've been developing websites for the past 8yrs and I've seen alot. I've used different Nigerian web hosting companies even the big ones. It's last two years that I stopped hosting my client's site with any Nigerian company.

I can say it again and again that Nigeria offer the worst customer service in terms of hosting.

You have not used all Nigerian Companies Yet! You cannot generalize yet!
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by southwestngr: 11:31am On Apr 03, 2015
SimplePayMain:
At SimplePay, we take security very seriously. We are disturbed by these issues we find on sites like Nairaland. We keep all user data confidential and strive to make our users safer. Second, we just got funding, management expertise, and technology implementation from a Switzerland-based investing company. We are also about to close another round of funding from a Major Nigerian Bank. We count on the support of our users and merchanges to help us make payment hassles a thing of the past.

We are a proudly Nigerian company and we recommend Nigerian companies to every Nigerian.

SimplePay was never hacked, and we just migrated to a more robust server and Lagos HQ. Presently, we are putting things in place to make usability better as we are upgrading our plugins, API's, Mobile Apps and customisation of solutions for merchants.

After our migration, we will come out better and with great features, we believe you will love.

Regards,

SimplePay Limited

I hate it when people lie. I should have save the screenshot. #noMoreCase
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
southwestngr:

Don't tell me you are surprised! What do you expect?
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by bug24(m): 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
southwestngr:

oh! were u expecting d guy to come here and say..... Yes please, we got hacked and we are sorry cheesy
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by southwestngr: 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
daok:

Don't tell me you are surprised! What do you expect?

bug24:

oh! were u expecting d guy to come here and say..... Yes please, we got hacked and we are sorry cheesy

denying is not professional, when you get hack you let your customer and who care to listen know.

even seun let the world knows when NL was hacked.

see others
http://time.com/3647988/amazon-xbox-hack-password/
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/03/23/amazons-twitch-site-hacked/
http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/21/technology/security/ebay-passwords/
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by GreatManBee: 1:32pm On May 20, 2016
Is this issue resolved now?

southwestngr:

denying is not professional, when you get hack you let your customer and who care to listen know.

even seun let the world knows when NL was hacked.

see others
http://time.com/3647988/amazon-xbox-hack-password/
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/03/23/amazons-twitch-site-hacked/
http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/21/technology/security/ebay-passwords/
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by bizfirst: 3:25am On May 21, 2016
SimplePayMain:

Regards,

SimplePay Limited

I sincerely believe you are being seriously economical with the truth...while I did not visit your site during the time in question, I have a question for you:

1. All companies handling payment processing (yours inclusive) always alert it's client base about an upcoming upgrade or expected downtime...in the past, I have received same from your company...why did you not sent out any notification this time around?

I sincerely believe Nigerian companies like yours need to apologize and take responsibility when things go awry...contrary to expectation, our trust won't wane - instead, it will grow stronger - especially if you show us the move you took to remedy and prevent further occurrence.

If not, people like me will continue to avoid local service providers like you!
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by ProsperUSA: 7:23am On May 21, 2016
southwestngr:
SIMPLEPAY - simplepay4u.com has been hacked.

you can check the title bar and also my account on their site has been compromised.

Why do like posting false statement and lies about SIMPLEPAY?
Their real website is https://www.simplepay.ng/
Re: SIMPLEPAY - Simplepay4u.com Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 21, 2016
ProsperUSA:

Why do like posting false statement and lies about SIMPLEPAY?
Their real website is https://www.simplepay.ng/

Look at the date of the article. 2015 Not 2016. It was simplepay4u then

(1) (Reply)

Freelance Website Designer / How To Open A Paypal Account In Nigeria / Using *Dreamweaver* (webdesign)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.